Stealing The Election 101

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I swear r congress people are the most uninformed individuals about what the head of their party & leader of the free world say, that the 'fake' MSM has to keep cluing them in on. :rolleyes:

Or... that's literal the weakest excuse in the world, demonstrating the laziness of the r's.
Well if they "hadn't heard about it" before, they sure have now. This story has exploded all over the news.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well if they "hadn't heard about it" before, they sure have now. This story has exploded all over the news.

I’ve determined the only thing that would pause Trump supporter’s support would be a picture of him in a covid mask shaking hands with AOC while taking a dump on the confederate flag. I say pause support because they’ll be back in full support as someone tells them the real evil person is the person who took the photo and posted it.

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
I’ve determined the only thing that would pause Trump supporter’s support would be a picture of him in a covid mask shaking hands with AOC while taking a dump on the confederate flag. I say pause support because they’ll be back in full support as someone tells them the real evil person is the person who took the photo and posted it.
They would say that AOC made him do it, and he sacrificed himself for the American people. Or they would just deny it.

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
French newspaper Le Monde has published a graph that shows how close Trump came to winning the election.

If he had flipped just 32507 votes in Arizona, Georgia, Wisconsin and in Nebraska 2 (shown in red) he would have actually won the electoral college.
Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 23.59.33.png

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
French newspaper Le Monde has published a graph that shows how close Trump came to winning the election.

If he had flipped just 32507 votes in Arizona, Georgia, Wisconsin and in Nebraska 2 (shown in red) he would have actually won the electoral college.
View attachment 2387
What a garbage election system we have. President should be national popular vote, period. The electoral college was devised by slave holders... it has no place in a society free of slavery.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Well if they "hadn't heard about it" before, they sure have now. This story has exploded all delover the news.

They still won't have heard about it if it's politically expedient not to comment on it.

It's just R-speak for "no comment because I'm afraid of Trump and his base in my district, or I'm afraid of getting in between Trump and not-his-base in my district." Zero political courage, and this immediately after having been sworn into office, not weeks before an election... it's weeks since they WON their seats. WTF. ?!

And now it's also just weeks before Trump is merely a private citizen facing a raft of legal difficulties.

What idiocy, really.

It beggars all past limits of imagination that we could possibly have ended up living like this, at the daily or hourly whim of a delusional narcissist like Trump for two months after a presidential election.

I daily become more interested in how the immediate change of government in a parliamentary system is effected after a strong majority wins an election. Do the outgoing officials just clear out their personal possessions and leave the last addressed bits of work lying on their desks? Maybe we should try it...

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Michelle Goldberg in The NY Times:

During impeachment, Republicans who were unwilling to defend the president’s conduct, but also unwilling to penalize him, insisted that if Americans didn’t like his behavior they could vote him out. Americans did, and now Trump’s party is refusing to accept it. It’s evidence that you can’t rely on elections to punish attempts to subvert elections. Only the law can do that, even if it’s inconvenient.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Loeffler: ~"I plan to undermine the democratic process !"

Crowd: <cheers!>

Fucking clowns. Her, the people at that rally, hahaha, one of the new Head Clowns at TOP, Southern Dad ...

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
They still won't have heard about it if it's politically expedient not to comment on it.

It's just R-speak for "no comment because I'm afraid of Trump and his base in my district, or I'm afraid of getting in between Trump and not-his-base in my district." Zero political courage, and this immediately after having been sworn into office, not weeks before an election... it's weeks since they WON their seats. WTF. ?!

And now it's also just weeks before Trump is merely a private citizen facing a raft of legal difficulties.

What idiocy, really.

It beggars all past limits of imagination that we could possibly have ended up living like this, at the daily or hourly whim of a delusional narcissist like Trump for two months after a presidential election.

I daily become more interested in how the immediate change of government in a parliamentary system is effected after a strong majority wins an election. Do the outgoing officials just clear out their personal possessions and leave the last addressed bits of work lying on their desks? Maybe we should try it...

In parliamentary systems, - or, in much of western Europe - you tend to have a career civil, or public, service.

They are recruited by (very, very, very competitive) public, or state, exams (and yes, there is also internal promotion, also by exam and interview).

So, they are not political appointees, but rather, are recruited by an independent (of the political process) commission which oversees and implements appointments and standards.

Thus, when there is a change of administration, there isn't usually a "clear out" of officials, as these are career - professional - public servants; rather, they remain in office no matter who has been elected.

In fact, if anything, they tend to have very strong security of tenure, or job security. It is very difficult for a politician to fire a permanent member of the civil service, and they must have excellent grounds for doing so, grounds that can be (and have been) challenged in court. Resignations are not unknown, however, or requests - on the part of a civil, or public servant - to be transferred to another government department (especially if a minister and a senior civil servant clash, the sort of clash that is a mix of the personal, political and professional).

Instead, their loyalty is to the state, and they serve the state, and whatever administration - irrespective of political hue, colour, or political complexion, that has been elected to govern the state.

Their task is to give expert, informed, objective, but "disinterested" advice - sometimes, advice of the "but, this is not possible or appropriate, Minister, because this is not legal," variety, - and guidance to the politicians who run the respective government departments, and to run the bureaucracy, and implement policy and decisions once taken.

However, it is for the politicians to accept, reject, or amend that advice, and for the politicians to govern, and to detect & deal with potential political landmines (often assisted by political advisors, from their respective political parties).

That doesn't mean that they (the civil servants, or senior civil, or public, servants) don't have political preferences, or views, but they tend to pretty discreet about such matters.

Given that most western European countries have an electoral system based on a system of proportional representation, - which means parties tend to receive seats in pretty close approximation to the percentage of votes, and hence, support, they receive from the electorate - these days, governments are rarely formed immediately after an election, - as no one party will receive or enjoy a majority of votes cast (or seats distributed).

This is because most elections give rise to coalition administrations, which mean lengthy negotiations and thus, government formation only after many compromises re composition of the administration, and re portfolios and policies; rather, the outgoing administration will remain in office in an acting capacity until the new administration has been sworn into office.

However, after a strong majority (which is very very rare) is won, the transfer of power depends on the time frame set out by law and or tradition in that specific country.

In the UK, if the electoral outcome is clear, the change of government occurs the day after the election.

In Ireland, by law, the new parliament sits three weeks after the election, which is when - if the outcome is clear - a new government will take their seats and be formally sworn into office. If not, and this is more the European norm, - and has become the norm in Ireland, in recent decades, too, the parliament will sit, fail to vote a prime minister into office, and request that the House be suspended for another fortnight as negotiations are taking place on possible government formation. It will then meet a fortnight later and either vote the new administration into office, or request a further suspension of the House, for a further fortnight or three weeks, in order to conclude whatever political negotiations re government formation are taking place.

In all of this, the civil service, or public service, or state bureaucracy, remain where they are. Their posts, or positions, are secure, and do not depend on whim, political perspective, or a change of government.

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

lizkat

Reaction score
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Okay, maybe it's just me who thinks it's BOTH fitting & hilarious that 45 introduces Loeffler as Karen.

Meanwhile on Facebook last week, Loeffler threw about $40-45k into ads with retouched clips of Warnock --portraying him as a blacker Black than he is. On the same day in another Facebook ad, into which she plowed only $4-5k, she used unretouched photos and the theme of hat one was "Too Corrupt. Too Radical."

But the theme of the ad with the darker toned clips of Warnock was "Beyond Radical" and that ad wrapped up with the tag line "Warnock isn't just radical — he's dangerous."

lizkat

Reaction score
As for the whole brouhaha about the joint session of Congress upcoming tomorrow, when the Biden-Harris win finally gets its formal recognition.... below is a very fine example of how it's supposed to work on January 6th... even when the guy presiding over the session happens to be one of the losing candidates himself. Just a little playbook on graciousness for Mikey:

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1346488839179796480/

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Idiots coming into DC trying to sneak guns by the cops. People are being warned to stay away from the WH the next few days.

I said this early on. When 45 pretty much abandoned the WH while seeking ways to stay in it, he was constantly tweeting to his more aggressive followers to protest in DC on the 6th. EVERYONE knew who 45 was signaling to. Which is why the police was supposed to be getting ramped up.

And Black Churches putting a formal call into the police...

Everyone knows the orange @$$clown isn't going out without a tantrum. Only any kind of meaningful tantrum involves legal consequences, and the buffoon knows a few hundred thousand idiots, so....

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

What idiocy, really.

A lot of rules and laws should be changed after the rampant abuse of power by Trump and McConnell over the last 4 years but I have no faith they will because even those on the losing end of the stick now hope to someday wield the same abuses of power. Even something as obvious as not being able to pardon anybody convicted of committing a crime on your behalf probably won't get introduced which can't be translated any other way other than rewarding corruption.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I said this early on. When 45 pretty much abandoned the WH while seeking ways to stay in it, he was constantly tweeting to his more aggressive followers to protest in DC on the 6th. EVERYONE knew who 45 was signaling to. Which is why the police was supposed to be getting ramped up.

Everyone knows the orange @$$clown isn't going out without a tantrum. Only any kind of meaningful tantrum involves legal consequences, and the buffoon knows a few hundred thousand idiots, so....
The hotel they all stayed at last time (Harrington) is closed for the week. I imagine it’s probably not even political... I bet you these folks probably trashed their rooms and it wasn’t worth it to stay open.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Idiots coming into DC trying to sneak guns by the cops. People are being warned to stay away from the WH the next few days.

...he was constantly tweeting to his more aggressive followers to protest in DC on the 6th. EVERYONE knew who 45 was signaling to. Which is why the police was supposed to be getting ramped up.

Just the idea that the far right is coming to Washington is enough to instill fear in people.

I hope (though don't expect) that Antifa protesters will be smart enough to stay away and let these idiots be the ones to earn all the bad press and busted heads.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Just the idea that the far right is coming to Washington is enough to instill fear in people.

I hope (though don't expect) that Antifa protesters will be smart enough to stay away and let these idiots be the ones to earn all the bad press and busted heads.
They’ve already stated they will wear all black so they will match the typical Antifa outfit. So, they could fight each other and still blame Antifa? Sad and pathetic. Good news - it is fairly cold (not frigid unfortunately) in DC so maybe that will keep people away.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

That was the brewing suspicion that this is some kind of pretext to justify calling the military.

The hopes that an ANTIFA that's been pretty silent of late, will suddenly come out and chaos breaks out between both sides while 45 is safely in Florida tweeting about it.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I'm reasonably sure that if Trump (or his zombie horde) tries to drum up some kind of phony pretext for bringing in the military, such as chaos in the streets of DC, the military will resist.

I won't rest comfortably, however, until 12:01 pm on Jan. 20th.

Top Bottom
1 2