Stealing The Election 101

U

User.45

Park Cannon, a dark-skinned Georgia state legislator, was arrested for something or other for knocking (loudly, it would seem) on the door of the room where the governor was signing the disenfranchisement bill into law.

Just too damn many voices they do not want to hear.
Is it only I who sees some deeeeeeeep irony about this, vs the attitude towards the Capitol Insurrectionists?:D

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Is it only I who sees some deeeeeeeep irony about this, vs the attitude towards the Capitol Insurrectionists?:D
A couple thousand violent extremists smashing windows and assaulting and killing police officers.... still less threatening to the holders of white power than a single black woman knocking on the Governor’s door. Stacy Abrams is gonna be moving in there in 2 years.... goodbye white supremacists.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Park Cannon, a dark-skinned Georgia state legislator, was arrested for something or other for knocking (loudly, it would seem) on the door of the room where the governor was signing the disenfranchisement bill into law.

Just too damn many voices they do not want to hear.
I want to hear what she was charged with. This is a wrongful arrest, the State maybe liable.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I want to hear what she was charged with. This is a wrongful arrest, the State maybe liable.
from the linked story,
Cannon faces two felony charges – felony obstruction and preventing or disrupting general assembly session, according to an arrest affidavit seen by CNN. The affidavit states that Cannon was charged with disrupting General Assembly session because she “knowingly and intentionally did by knocking the governor’s door during session of singing [sic] a bill.”

U

User.45

from the linked story,
Cannon faces two felony charges – felony obstruction and preventing or disrupting general assembly session, according to an arrest affidavit seen by CNN. The affidavit states that Cannon was charged with disrupting General Assembly session because she “knowingly and intentionally did by knocking the governor’s door during session of singing [sic] a bill.”
What a fucking joke.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
At the next election, thousands of people need to come out and hand out water to people in line to vote. Dare the cops to arrest everybody that does it. That is such an absurd thing to put in the law. If/when this is challenged in court, there is no way I can see that provision standing up (nor the restriction of voting on Sundays) as fitting the stated purpose of the law.

I hope all these pieces of trash lose in a landslide. And anybody that voted for them and continues to stand by them should be deeply ashamed.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
At the next election, thousands of people need to come out and hand out water to people in line to vote. Dare the cops to arrest everybody that does it. That is such an absurd thing to put in the law. If/when this is challenged in court, there is no way I can see that provision standing up (nor the restriction of voting on Sundays) as fitting the stated purpose of the law.

I hope all these pieces of trash lose in a landslide. And anybody that voted for them and continues to stand by them should be deeply ashamed.
but now they can change votes sho how would that work? the blatant cheating and stupidity Georgia justly showed is astounding. thanks trump.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
but now they can change votes sho how would that work? the blatant cheating and stupidity Georgia justly showed is astounding. thanks trump.
Oh yeah they can overrule any local election board, right? So if the Governor doesn’t like your local school board selections, he can replace them all? Is that how that works?

Yoused

up
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Or they can just, you know ignore the voters

Well, not ignore all of them, just the wrong types.
I don’t understand these ballot measures. What is the point if the state legislature can just ignore them?

By the way, the arguments in that article were some of the dumbest I’ve seen.

State Representative Ed Lewis said that opposing the bill also makes sense considering that the 53.2 percent of voters who approved the expansion don't amount to a majority of either the state's eligible voters or its population, the Star added.
So, 53.2% isn’t a majority anymore? Since when does a vote count the opinions of those who didn’t show up to vote? And how would you know their opinions anyway if they didn’t vote?

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t understand these ballot measures. What is the point if the state legislature can just ignore them?

By the way, the arguments in that article were some of the dumbest I’ve seen.

So, 53.2% isn’t a majority anymore? Since when does a vote count the opinions of those who didn’t show up to vote? And how would you know their opinions anyway if they didn’t vote?
So not the will of the people even though it was the will of the people. its time for republican states to just do away with elections its getting pointless.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
from the linked story,
She is an elected representative in that body willfully and corruptly excluded from the proceedings of an official act. What a crock of shit, apropos for the Georgia GOP POSs. :mad:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I read that article a bit more and then read about ballot measures in Missouri. When the ballot measure passed, it actually became part of the state constitution. The legislature is attempting to block funding of it as a way to invalidate it. However, as with other constitutional provisions, the legislature cannot just decide on their own to not fund them. This will be in court very soon I imagine.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
from the linked story,
She did less than those who stormed the Capitol on 1/6. I’m sure she would be willing to face felony charges if they were also laid for every single person who was at the Capitol on the 6th.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
She did less than those who stormed the Capitol on 1/6. I’m sure she would be willing to face felony charges if they were also laid for every single person who was at the Capitol on the 6th.
165804588_10158423701699833_7657214023822630522_o.jpg

Yoused

up
Reaction score
At the next election, thousands of people need to come out and hand out water to people in line to vote.

You know what? I never stood on line to vote. Not once. I may have had to wait four or five minutes (inside the polling place) but this having to stand in a long line for hours is teh utter bullshit. The bill in Congress damn well needs to address this issue. States need to be forced to properly fund the voting systems so that every precinct is adequately equipped to deal efficiently with the volume it can expect.

(And/or make mail-in balloting much more accessible.)

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I have said it elsewhere on these fora, but I really cannot fathom, or comprehend, a society where it is considered legal (is even approved, applauded with noisy approbation) to carry guns (including assault weapons) into a store when you are shopping, but it is illegal to offer water to someone waiting in line to cast a ballot.

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have said it elsewhere on these fora, but I reallly cannot fathom, or comprehend, a society where it is considered legal (is even approved, applauded with noisy approbation) to carry guns (including assault weapons) into a store when you are shopping, but it is illegal to offer water to someone waiting in line to cast a ballot.
Enter the mind of those who have allowed their hunger for power to cloud, override, obliterate the idea of rules, fairness, and democracy, who have decided that fair elections are a threat to their political viability, hence must be outlawed.

This effort is happening in multiple State Legislatures currently. It’s a crisis that needs a roar of condemnation to obliterate this poison, and the real question is where does it leave us as a society? Depending on the pushback, possibly in the dumpster or broken on a field of domestic carnage. It could happen.

The opening salvo was pitiful on 6 Jan 2021 at the Capitol, Wash DC, but it got everyone’s attention, yet it remains to be seen how many will swallow this treason or will actively push back at the Trump Pestilence. Unfortunstely I am reminded of the movie V For Vendetta, where a news cast references the ongoing Civil War in America. Yeah it’s just a movie, yet it does not feel that far off the mark. :oops:

Top Bottom
1 2