Stealing The Election 101

U

User.45

Candidly, I'd love to see them destroyed, annihilated, obliterated in the next election.

However, in the (wider) interests of democracy, and the public good, a second "party" or political group that can offer some form of legal, legitimate (and yes, yet coherent) opposition is necessary.
Oh, agree 100%. I've been having a double worry. The GOP falling apart, and the DNC corrupting beyond recognition in the absence of opposition.

I think we should have the current Democratic Party and then something to the left of it. Joe Manchin and the other right-leaning Dems can stay in the party, and the moderate republicans might come in too. The GOP is so far to the right, they are approaching fascism.
In Europe, the GOP and DNC would be 5-6 separate parties. The concern is really how would a system that is designed for 2 opposing parties tolerate the conversion to a many-party system. If you think about it, the DNC has Manchin and Sanders (I know he's kinda independent). How can you come up with a platform that renders these two guys compatible?! You can't.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Candidly, I'd love to see them destroyed, annihilated, obliterated in the next election.

However, in the (wider) interests of democracy, and the public good, a second "party" or political group that can offer some form of legal, legitimate (and yes, yet coherent) opposition is necessary.

Maybe just the Trump wing could be obliterated then. I can't see a positive side to the likes of Boebert, Cruz, Gaetz, Green, or Voldemort Scott.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Real life outperforms The Onion again.

Arizona’s Republican-Run Election Audit Is Now Looking for Bamboo-Laced “China Ballots”​

On Wednesday, a member of the Arizona election audit team that has been heavily touted by former President Donald Trump revealed that its examination of the 2020 vote in Maricopa County will include a “forensic” analysis of ballots to determine if the paper is made of bamboo—in order to determine whether or not China delivered tens of thousands of fraudulent ballots to tip the state to Joe Biden.
…“There’s accusations that 40,000 ballots were flown in and stuffed into the box and it came from the Southeast part of the world, Asia. And what they’re doing is to find out if there’s bamboo in the paper,” (audit liaison John Brakey told Dennis Welch of CBS5 News.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
More:

Ballots have been left unattended on counting tables.

Laptop computers sit abandoned, at times — open, unlocked and unmonitored.

Procedures are constantly shifting, with untrained workers using different rules to count ballots.
Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs (D) on Wednesday sent a letter outlining a string of problems that she said observers from her office have witnessed at a Republican-led recount of the 2020 presidential election results in Arizona’s largest county….
Former Arizona secretary of state Ken Bennett (R), who is acting as a spokesman for the audit, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. But the audit’s Twitter account, @ArizonaAudit, tweeted that Hobbs’s allegations were “baseless claimes [sic].”

“The audit continues!” read the tweet.

Now I ask you…what could be fairer than that?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Real life outperforms The Onion again.

Arizona’s Republican-Run Election Audit Is Now Looking for Bamboo-Laced “China Ballots”​

I'm sorry.

But seeing that on video... IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!

HOLY FRIGGIN FUCKING NUT BALLS in real life!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I just saw this being covered by Rachel Maddow, and I was on the floor laughing. As cornball as she can be, even she was funny with the material they handed her.

All I can think of is how FUCKING embarrassed I am for the republicans who signed onto this shitshow that will go down in history.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Thanks for the entertainment! Not sure if I should cry with laughter or just plain cry…

This whole Cyber Ninja thing is so ridiculous and contra productive. Even if they were to find something authentic it wouldn’t be admissible anywhere due to their tainted process. Either they know fully well there is nothing to find, or they're just that uneducated and moronic. Both options are scary.

Still, Trump’s base will eat it all up. And it will be used by Republicans as justification for anti-democratic bills. The world is laughing at you.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
LOL!

That was funny! Especially the part about how they’re gonna get thrown out of their venue because it’s needed for…I don’t know…the Maricopa Home and Flower Show or something. 😂

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I can’t believe it…this just keeps getting better and better.

The DOJ is “concerned” with what’s going on with the Arizona state senate’s “audit” of 2.1 million votes in Maricopa County, and when this DOJ gets “concerned,” the ground starts to shake a bit. From the Washington Post:
In a letter to GOP Senate President Karen Fann, the head of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division said the Senate’s farming out of 2.1 million ballots from the state’s most populous county to a contractor may run afoul of federal law requiring ballots to remain in the control of elections officials for 22 months. And Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Pamela S. Karlan said that the Senate contractor’s plans to directly contact voters could amount to illegal voter intimidation.

This has “clusterfuck” written all over it.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I swear. Really. I don’t want to keep adding to this sordid, ridiculous story, but the stupidity and the nefariousness just keep on coming.

The private company conducting the GOP 2020 election recount in Arizona is now demanding access to government internet routers and passwords, which the Maricopa County sheriff blasted as “mind-numbingly reckless and irresponsible” and a threat to law enforcement….
“The Senate Republican Caucus’ audit of the Maricopa County votes from last November’s election has no stopping point,” (Democratic Sheriff Paul) Penzone said. “Now, its most recent demands jeopardize the entire mission of the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.”
In addition, citizens’ private information, including voting histories, addresses, phone numbers and Social Security numbers, could fall into the hands of Cyber Ninjas, the company hired by the GOP-led Senate to conduct the recount.

Thank god the Maricopa sheriff is a Democrat these days. Crazy Joe Arpaio would have given them the keys to the kingdom in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom
1 2