Stealing The Election 101

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wonder if this pumps the brakes on any additional audits. I assume the move will be to deny this recount is legit or ignore it altogether. I think I’ll peek at Breitbart to see that the crazies are saying.

Edit: Nothing on Brietbart about the AZ audit. Weird, I thought they were very interested in that 😊.

Last edited:

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Wonder if this pumps the brakes on any additional audits. I assume the move will be to deny this recount is legit or ignore it altogether. I think I’ll peek at Breitbart to see that the crazies are saying.

Edit: Nothing on Brietbart about the AZ audit. Weird, I thought they were very interested in that 😊.
Given the possibility to spin it as “Sure, the vote counts were correct, but we found lots of flaws so the ballots could’ve been problematic meaning the election was still stolen and here’s how to fix that!” it probably isn’t dead yet.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

I just looked at Fox News and I don’t see any mention of the Arizona audit there either.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Whole thing has been a complete circus --I mean when officials in both major parties have said that that auditor is unqualified, then... hello?? why was even it permitted to continue???

And like a lot of other Trump-related calls for recounts and audits, the Maricopa County one was always and only meant to throw the very idea of "election integrity" into doubt for future occasions... when some states hope to be able to rely on recent legislation that may make it possible to throw a "questioned" election into the arms of a partisan arbiter instead of how it works now with bipartisan election boards or commissions certifying results to their respective secretaries of state.

This stuff really makes me hot under the collar, far more so than all the other stupid antics of this version of the GOP.

The GOP's other circus tricks (disparaging the institution of impeachment, for instance, by their inappropriate behavior during the efforts of the House twice bothering to take Trump down that road while he was President) were distractions and meant to demean the Democrats.

But this? This gig of laying groundwork to make it not just plausible but possible to ditch an incorrectunwanted election outcome is assault on one of the pillars of our democracy.

I'm hoping all these hard right legislative switcheroos in the mechanics of how election results are certified get taken to court well before 2022 races are called. These are different to the sometimes excessive and oppressive changes in potential voters' access to the ballot, like trying to make it hard to cast a vote to begin with. Some of the new laws are saying in effect, " go ahead and cast your damn vote but if the totals stack up to a loss that Rs don't like, we're going to call it the other way because our new certification process will let us do exactly that."

And that's basically what Ronna McDaniel, the then newly reaffirmed head of the RNC, had said in their last winter meeting... that the Republicans would never again allow another "election like this one". At the state level, ever since then, they've gone about trying to guarantee it in advance.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
And that's basically what Ronna McDaniel, the then newly reaffirmed head of the RNC, had said in their last winter meeting... that the Republicans would never again allow another "election like this one". At the state level, ever since then, they've gone about trying to guarantee it in advance.
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1441468346625667076/

Ronna McDaniel today, with no mention of the most important thing.

That Biden did win. Biden did win legitimately. Which kind of shoots in the foot claims of lack of trust, when hired circus monkeys arrive at the same results. It becomes clear that reality and 'r' world are never to mix again, if reality gets in their way.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1441472575138373633/

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
200.gif

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1441527475725475841/

Truly summing up this whole thread.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Let's review the basic problems here with this guy...

1. They actually did NOT prove there was any fraud, they just said there was fraud "everywhere", so there must have been. If they had proven it, I think we would have heard that. Instead we heard that Biden did indeed win.

2. We did hear they found problems. Problems we've heard in other elections that 'r's didn't have an issue with.

3. "Bureaucracy may have other plans..." is a frightening & revealing admission.

4. This is a member of congress.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1441835577779769348/

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

1. They actually did NOT prove there was any fraud, they just said there was fraud "everywhere", so there must have been. If they had proven it, I think we would have heard that. Instead we heard that Biden did indeed win.

2. We did hear they found problems. Problems we've heard in other elections that 'r's didn't have an issue with.

3. "Bureaucracy may have other plans..." is a frightening & revealing admission.

Is he drunk? His head is flopping around so oddly…

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

I find it distressing that an American congressman will actually post something on social media suggesting there's even a constitutional possibility of having a presidential election do-over in the USA, like a snap election in a parliamentary system... all just because the results of the 2020 election didn't suit the losers' expectations.

What, the insurrection didn't "fix" the problem, so next step is just schedule an ad hoc do-over and hope the voter suppression legislation and curve-ball fine print of who gets to certify results will install "the former guy" as prez again before the midterms?

The Republican Party leadership makes a grave mistake letting its officials try to take the party's followers down this fantasy road. Sure, tweets can be deleted or more sober members can fashion corrective public remarks and op-ed pieces, but the impression remains that the GOP has abandoned the guardrails of democracy and nowadays just stands by, watching its elected officials mock the very constitution they swore to uphold.

Place to put yer money is on turn-out-the-vote efforts for 2022. Free rides to registration. Free help verifying one's reggie is in order before deadlines to cure faulty registration data. Help the ACLU fund availability and awareness of legal assistance and counsel, before and during the vote, and during the counting and certification process.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
In the current drive a stake in the heart of Democracy, NPR reports that Texas Republicans are busy gerrymandering districts, consolidating Democratic strongholds into fewer districts to give the GoZP a decided advantage that could last a decade. This shit must stop and can only be corrected by some level of revolution when those in charge of State governments cheat as needed to hold onto power. 🤬 😢

Related:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
The guy can't actually find any illegal voting on his own, won't pay up when shown examples of illegal voting by republicans, but he sure does want to punish illegal voting. :cautious:

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) is calling on state lawmakers to stiffen the penalties for illegal voting.

A sweeping elections bill signed into law last month lowered illegal voting in Texas from a second degree felony to a Class A misdemeanor. That change was scheduled to take effect in December.

But in a message to the secretary of the state Senate on Thursday, Abbott urged lawmakers, now in a special session, to take up legislation that would effectively reverse that change.

“The State of Texas has made tremendous progress in upholding the integrity of our elections,” he said in a statement. “By increasing penalties for illegal voting, we will send an even clearer message that voter fraud will not be tolerated in Texas.”

A Class A misdemeanor can include up to a year in prison, but can also simply result in a fine. By comparison, a second-degree felony in Texas can come with a sentence of as much as 20 years in prison.

Abbott’s call is only the latest in a series of election-related moves by Texas Republicans. Last month, he signed into law Senate Bill 1, a sweeping measure that seeks to tighten state election laws and restrict local control over the process.

:unsure: I wonder who the punishment is really intended for?

🤨

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The guy can't actually find any illegal voting on his own, won't pay up when shown examples of illegal voting by republicans, but he sure does want to punish illegal voting. :cautious:

:unsure: I wonder who the punishment is really intended for?

🤨
Change the election laws every year so that nobody can keep up with them, and increase the penalty for breaking them to 20 years in prison. What could possibly go wrong? Or I guess in the minds of the white supremacists like Abbott, what could possibly go right?

Top Bottom
1 2