Stealing The Election 101

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
This is some amazing level of fuckery, that it probably deserves it's own thread ( I'm sure someone will ), but...

So all the warnings how when repubs stack voting commissions, they would basically decide if they like the results. The will of voters be damned.

Well, New Mexico has decided to show us what happens

New Mexico’s secretary of state on Tuesday asked the state supreme court to order the Republican-led commission of rural Otero county to certify primary election results after it refused to do so over distrust of Dominion vote-tallying machines.

The request by Maggie Toulouse Oliver, a Democrat, came a day after the three-member Otero county commission, in its role as a county canvassing board, voted unanimously against certifying the results of the 7 June primary without raising specific concerns about discrepancies.

The commission’s members include the Cowboys for Trump co-founder Couy Griffin, who subscribes to unsubstantiated claims that former president Donald Trump won the 2020 election. Griffin was convicted of illegally entering restricted US Capitol grounds – though not the building – amid the riots on 6 January 2021, and is scheduled for sentencing later this month.

He acknowledged that the standoff over this primary could delay the outcome of local election races.

Important part here, the justification used for NOT certifying the results.

“I have huge concerns with these voting machines,” the Otero county commissioner, Vickie Marquardt, said on Monday. “When I certify stuff that I don’t know is right, I feel like I’m being dishonest because in my heart I don’t know if it is right.”

The commission’s vote is the latest example of how conspiracy theories and misinformation are affecting the integrity of local elections across the US. Trump has continued to describe the 2020 election as “rigged” or “stolen”, despite a coalition of top government and industry officials calling it the “most secure in American history”.

Dominion’s systems also have been unjustifiably attacked since the 2020 election by people who embraced the false belief that the election was stolen from Trump. The company has filed defamation lawsuits in response.

New Mexico’s Dominion machines have been disparaged repeatedly by David and Erin Clements of Las Cruces in their review of the 2020 election in Otero county and voter registration rolls at the request of the commission. The Clements are traveling advocates for “forensic” reviews of the 2020 election and offer their services as election experts and auditors to local governments. Election officials including county clerk Robyn Holmes say the Clements are not certified auditors nor experts in election protocols.

The couple has highlighted problems during sporadic, hours-long presentations to the commission this year. Local election officials dispute many of the findings as mistaken or unfounded.

Let me highlight the important part from the "F your feelings" crowd.

“I have huge concerns with these voting machines,” the Otero county commissioner, Vickie Marquardt, said on Monday. “When I certify stuff that I don’t know is right, I feel like I’m being dishonest because in my heart I don’t know if it is right.”

Yup, providing absolutely NO proof whatsoever, instead... just going with her heart.

She obviously has a big heart, because it's evidently more important than all of those who actually voted!

So the Sec of State sued to get them to certify, and very quickly the State Supreme Court agreed. The board has to certify. The lady who is going with her heart, laughed at that, scoffing "what are they going to do put in me in jail?" Another guy just isn't going to comply.

So the group has until Friday to comply.

Problem? They guy who won't comply, won't be around.

Couy Griffin, who represents District 3 on the commission, indicated he will not comply.

“I guess if I had a position, it is just that I am going to hold my ground on this deal,” said Griffin.

This Friday, the Cowboys for Trump founder is expected to be sentenced on a federal charge related to the Jan. 6, attack on the U.S. Capitol. He maintains that in holding his ground, he is reflecting his constituents in the heavily conservative rural county.

“The people of my county have concerns, as well as I do, and all we are doing is just trying to investigate those concerns,” Griffin said.

Yes.

The guy's possible excuse for not complying with the State Supreme Court to certify a primary that won't based on absolutely NOTHING, will be HE'S BEING SENTENCED FOR Jan 6TH!

What the bloody fuck is going on with republicans and the idiots who vote them in?!!!

The-Big-Lebowski-WTF-Gif.gif

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
We have spent a fair amount of time in Otero county. It is a dark place that lives under the shadow of the radioactive fallout from the Trinity atomic bomb test in 1945. Alamogordo looks like a small city that aspires to be worn out (there used to be a place you could see from the highway with a big red rectangle with a diagonal white stripe across – a divers' shop in the middle of the desert basin, a hundred miles from the nearest lake). We encountered some crazy people there. I am not surprised at this.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1538348371102015488/

So to be a Republican in Texas, you must sign onto this blatant lie.

Can’t they all just sell used cars or miracle cures or something? Why not let some adults govern the country?

More details about their insane party platform here:

Yoused

up
Reaction score
Dude who defines crazy is being persecuted by wallyworld, because they are unstocking his fluffy product. He claims that 95% of Americans support him – not long ago, he told us he had enough evidence to put 300,000,000 Americans behind bars, so he must be counting 95% of the remainder, which would mostly be children who do not know any better.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The “Stop the Steal” Tour is a real thing. And it’s dangerous.

Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson, a Democrat, says they're using election fraud as a vehicle to advance themselves.

"There's no shortage of ability to access the truth about our election system, yet there seems to be a proliferation of people willing to lie about it," Benson said. "I think it's logical to conclude that they know better. And that they're knowingly spreading misinformation ... to win elections, to raise money, to gain attention and celebrity."

Benson says her office has seen a direct correlation between election denier events in Michigan and a rise in harassment toward voting officials.

"Whenever there is an appearance in which the former president or Lindell or others come out attacking our system we know to expect an uptick in threats and add additional security as a result," she said.

But she, and the thousands of other Americans in charge of elections nationwide, have yet to figure out a truly effective way to fight back and break through to the two-thirds of Republican voters who believe voter fraud helped Joe Biden win the 2020 election.

That's because election denialism has grown from a political movement into something almost religious, said Koppes, the Republican county clerk in Colorado.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
Russian State TV host comments that Russia has not yet decided whether to reinstall Individual-ONE into the WH in a future election.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Russian State TV host comments that Russia has not yet decided whether to reinstall Individual-ONE into the WH in a future election.

They should probably pull a Trump and endorse him right up to the point that he is clearly going to lose and then pull the endorsement. Then claim pulling the endorsement is the real reason he lost.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The sentencing was not harsh enough, IMNSVHO.

Yeah. I mean if you have to enter the Capitol through a broken f'g window... you are not a tourist.

Also I'm still waiting for SOMEONE in the FauxSnooze food chain to land in the slam over all the misinformation and propagation of flat out lies. Surely one of that crew has already landed in the grey area of protected speech, and that's actually fairly difficult to do, even if they may have made a practice of sailing pretty close to the wind. Fox tactics also include a considered omission of verifiable and significant news, which of course is not against the law.

From that cited CNN piece:

In explaining his reason for traveling to DC, Thomas Munn told the judge he had never been political before but “I just kept watching what was happening on the news, and I felt we should speak out.”

Did this dude not see news of all 50 states certifying their vote counts, and about the 60-odd court cases ruling against Trump's assertions of fraud in the voting process or in compilation of results?

No? What 🤬 "news" channel was he watching?

I keep wondering if some of the insurrectionists who fetched up in court later on aren't ticked off now if realizing that Fox falsely shaped their view of the elections of 2020. I suppose that could be a rarity. I hope they're loud about it.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score

Family of five sentenced for storming the US Capitol on January 6​

Talk about white privilege. The sentences are jokes. They all should have been given significant time given their crimes and lack of remorse.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
You have been living too close to Canada for too long.

Maybe. I know I'm living in an era when "all the free speech money can buy" is roundly abused. But I was in fact speaking of the legal grey area developed over years of 1st Amendment cases in the high court. There are situations short of falsely yelling "fire!" in a crowded theater where speech can be considered incitement of violence and so not protected. The instances tested and found lacking of protection so far are fairly narrow and Fox counsel is surely aware of them. Love to be a fly on the wall though in any discussions those guys have had with the likes of Hannity or Carlson.

Top Bottom
1 2