Steve Schmidt joins the Democrats

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I stayed up a little past my bedtime last night to watch Schmidt on The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell. Schmidt has been a Republican for most of his life. He is one of the founding members of The Lincoln Project. The actions of the members of the Republican Party have finally thrown him over the edge.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
we need him in the Democratic party.
i would love him to be a part of the White House team.
he says he is a one-issue voter and the one-issue for him is upholding democracy, that's a clever way of saying that he doesnt agree with Ds on a lot of issues...
due to his eloquence and affiliation, he might be the tip of the iceberg to bring in main stream Republicans,
the currently constituted Republican party needs Fringe Trumpist Q types to try to try to wrest control from the Democrats.
The Lincoln Project: what's going to happen to it? Does it still stay together?
Steve's joining us admits a big open secret actually. The D party still has no intention of allowing the far left much headway in control of the party.
Main stream issues like climate change, healthcare for all, green energy, judicial reform. these are all mainstream centre left Biden/Harris bread and butter issues.
Its how our reforms get paid for and how much at the expense of the 1% that becomes the difference between Steve and AOC.
Im still waiting for his Colleague Nicole to come over (officially) as well.

Steve says he wants his children to grow up in a democratic America - not a banana republic.

We are big tent party. Its up to people like Kamala to ensure we stay that way and attract people like Steve.

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
he says he is a one-issue voter and the one-issue for him is upholding democracy, that's a clever way of saying that he doesnt agree with Ds on a lot of issues...
He stated that flat out. And on that I agree. I don’t agree with everything either party puts out. At the moment, I happen to agree with more of the D party’s statements than the Rs. That can change.

I admire Schmidt greatly and believe he can help heal the country.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The current GOP is essentially squeezing out anyone in their party who isn't racially partisan, those more reasonable or moving toward the middle have no home with them, IMO there have always been reasonable Republicans who I just happened to disagree with. I think Democrats would be wise to be careful of this as well, those on the extreme left can push people away as well.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The current GOP is essentially squeezing out anyone in their party who isn't racially partisan, those more reasonable or moving toward the middle have no home with them, IMO there have always been reasonable Republicans who I just happened to disagree with. I think Democrats would be wise to be careful of this as well, those on the extreme left can push people away as well.
...but I don’t think he is a Democrat, just that :poop: and the GOP have lost their minds. Years ago they talked about themselves being a big tent party. :unsure: 😌😀

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
...but I don’t think he is a Democrat, just that :poop: and the GOP have lost their minds. Years ago they talked about themselves being a big tent party. :unsure: 😌😀
I think the Dems are also about to break into two groups: the moderate/conservatives and the progressives.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think the Dems are also about to break into two groups: the moderate/conservatives and the progressives.
Note: This is the kind of thing I used to get out of my system in PRSI. :D

I’m not sure about that by any means. The far-left seems like a small minority, and if they split away what does that do to their electability? That might be enough to keep them together and you can say the Democrats have a larger tent on multiple levels.

On the GOP side, as they swing extreme Right and corrupt, they have been purging members for at least the last 10, maybe 20 years. Yes right now a bunch of psychos (Trumpettes) aligned with the GOP just because :poop: was there so they could bath in his shit and I imagine them as a threat to the furture of the country, our Democracy, our Constitution, if they stay as a cohesive group kneeling at the corrupt Trump alter or the next charismatic mentally ill sociopath who comes along who they find appealing.

Think about these Trumpettes and be fearful. Trump is a blatant, exposed LIAR, but his sick groupies are living in their Upside Down, Racist Fantasy world, so all it takes is another charismatic* :poop: to slime up out of the cess pool.

*charasmatic- He’s not charismatic to millions, but to other millions, his shit is a hallucinagen and they get high on the aroma of corruption and enjoy taking it in ass as long as he shouts his sweet little lies at their group therapy sessions. He gets his kicks by devouring them as they shower him with psychopathic love.

Generally speaking he is not smart, he can’t hold his cards close to his chest or keep is big mouth closed, his scheming is not polished or well thought out, so that he feels the need to project what he does onto others, completely transparent while thinking he is being brilliant, he contradicts his own actions moment to moment so he is not consistent, he’s a 24/7 liar with easily recognized lies, yet his band of teeth nashing LOSERS fall head over heal for his putrescence. Unless a miracle happens, I think we as a country are in deep shit. At a minimum, the Trump Fiasco besides being a harmful tragedy, is a huge wake up call that more rough seas are in our future.

And note to the world, you have to wonder about Team America. We can barely govern ourselves much less be a world leader. I think Trump has already hammered that message home. Sure, a sane adult has been elected to the Presidency, Democrats may end up controlling Congress, but what to do about the 49% rabid, slobbering idiots living in the basement?

And before I hear any indignation about my appraisal (less likely here at TA), ;) I’ll ask, who did the individual vote for- :poop:Trump:poop:? And if the answer is yes, for whatever the excuse or rationalization, you are in the basement with zero regard for standards such as honesty, integrity, belief in the Constitution and the rule of law. Trump is the antitheses of law and order, a beacon, of self serving corruption and there is just no rationalizing your way out of that.

One more thing, the people are either in charge or not. The only thing that can counter the corporatacracy is government controlled by the people, but to do that, most of us have to be on the same page with some intelligence, or we are just the sheep being sheared. 👀

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Note: This is the kind of thing I used to get out of my system in PRSI. :D

I’m not sure about that by any means. The far-left seems like a small minority, and if they split away what does that do to their electability? That might be enough to keep them together and you can say the Democrats have a larger tent on multiple levels.

On the GOP side, as they swing extreme Right and corrupt, they have been purging members for at least the last 10, maybe 20 years. Yes right now a bunch of psychos (Trumpettes) aligned with the GOP just because :poop: was there so they could bath in his shit and I imagine them as a threat to the furture of the country, our Democracy, our Constitution, if they stay as a cohesive group kneeling at the corrupt Trump alter or the next charismatic mentally ill sociopath who comes along who they find appealing.

Think about these Trumpettes and be fearful. Trump is a blatant, exposed LIAR, but his sick groupies are living in their Upside Down, Racist Fantasy world, so all it takes is another charismatic* :poop: to slime up out of the cess pool.

*charasmatic- He’s not charismatic to millions, but to other millions, his shit is a hallucinagen and they get high on the aroma of corruption and enjoy taking it in ass as long as he shouts his sweet little lies at their group therapy sessions. He gets his kicks by devouring them as they shower him with psychopathic love.

Generally speaking he is not smart, he can’t hold his cards close to his chest or keep is big mouth closed, his scheming is not polished or well thought out, so that he feels the need to project what he does onto others, completely transparent while thinking he is being brilliant, he contradicts his own actions moment to moment so he is not consistent, he’s a 24/7 liar with easily recognized lies, yet his band of teeth nashing LOSERS fall head over heal for his putrescence. Unless a miracle happens, I think we as a country are in deep shit. At a minimum, the Trump Fiasco besides being a harmful tragedy, is a huge wake up call that more rough seas are in our future.

And note to the world, you have to wonder about Team America. We can barely govern ourselves much less be a world leader. I think Trump has already hammered that message home. Sure, a sane adult has been elected to the Presidency, Democrats may end up controlling Congress, but what to do about the 49% rabid, slobbering idiots living in the basement?

And before I hear any indignation about my appraisal (less likely here at TA), ;) I’ll ask, who did the individual vote for- :poop:Trump:poop:? And if the answer is yes, for whatever the excuse or rationalization, you are in the basement with zero regard for standards such as honesty, integrity, belief in the Constitution and the rule of law. Trump is the antitheses of law and order, a beacon, of self serving corruption and there is just no rationalizing your way out of that.

One more thing, the people are either in charge or not. The only thing that can counter the corporatacracy is government controlled by the people, but to do that, most of us have to be on the same page with some intelligence, or we are just the sheep being sheared. 👀
The Tea Party movement was part of the path to Trump IMHO. They claimed to stand on a principle of “small government” - but what that amounted to in policies they pursued was pulling the rug out from under minorities and dropping taxes on the rich. So, basically a completely racist policy agenda. And they refused to compromise on anything, acting like toddlers, which led to much crying by John Boehner because he actually had to work with Democrats to pass anything.

This obstructionist form of non-government spread to Mitch in the Senate, and again the thing they most wanted to block was anything that benefitted minorities, especially the one in the White House for 8 years.

So, the people supporting this never came right out and said a bunch of racist stuff, but when Trump came along and started spouting racist rhetoric daily, they climaxed on the spot and have been in his thrall ever since. Finally, they can say out loud what all the “small government” stuff was code for: kick out the Mexicans, ban Islam, put black people in ghettos, etc. Racism has ALWAYS been popular in America; what’s appalling is that all it takes is one garbage President to make all the racists stop feeling shame for that of which they should be greatly ashamed.

Top Bottom
1 2