Stimulus Payments We Received

Rjohnson

Reaction score
Certain people hate Donald Trump but they should remember something. Trump gave us $1,200 stimulus payments, plus $500 per child. That money has helped a lot of good people during this horrible and terrifying pandemic. The money sure helped me and I'm grateful for it.

I realize that Trump isn't the greatest president we've ever had. Trump has some flaws but so do all people. He who is without flaws can cast the first stone. Somebody on a website said that Trump hates us. I believe that is a load of BS. Trump doesn't hate us and those $1,200 stimulus payments proved that he doesn't hate us. Trump cares about us and he cares about America as well.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I would ask what monster wouldn't have given us this money during a pandemic the likes of which nobody in our lifetimes has every seen that through the world into an economic tailspin, and just to be clear it was congress who pushed it through, Trump never "gave it to us". However, no other president would have made us wait an extra two months just because he had to put his name on them.

Yes, Trump loves America. He just hates most of the people in it.

BTW while we may disagree on some issues, welcome to the site.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Certain people hate Donald Trump but they should remember something. Trump gave us $1,200 stimulus payments, plus $500 per child. That money has helped a lot of good people during this horrible and terrifying pandemic. The money sure helped me and I'm grateful for it.

I realize that Trump isn't the greatest president we've ever had. Trump has some flaws but so do all people. He who is without flaws can cast the first stone. Somebody on a website said that Trump hates us. I believe that is a load of BS. Trump doesn't hate us and those $1,200 stimulus payments proved that he doesn't hate us. Trump cares about us and he cares about America as well.
Doesnt hate America? He’s likely guilty of treason. I don’t know why you’d waste a breath defending him.

U

User.45

THat's one of the most naïve things I've read today.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
That is a false statement. Congress gave us that stimulus. The Senate and president agreed to it. We have not gotten further stimulus despite Congress’ efforts because neither the Senate nor the president have agreed to it.

Yes to all that. They comparatively chump changed us so we would be distracted from them bailing out their buddies. Once they took care of them it was right back to fiscal conservatives.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
That money didn't come from Trump's personal finances or even discretionary funds controlled by the executive branch. It's authorized by Congress and paid by the treasury. How do you make a connection between that and Trump? It didn't cost him personally or in political capital or other PR. The name thing is just weird too.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The boxes of food aid from the USDA: Trump has demanded they also come with a letter from him. Yeah. $4 billion federal funding Farmers to Families Food Boxes program meant to use up surplus not in demand from restaurants etc during the pandemic.

The letter comes in both English and Spanish on White House letterhead and features Trump’s bold signature: “As President, safeguarding the health and well-being of our citizens is one of my highest priorities,” it reads. “As part of our response to coronavirus, I prioritized sending nutritious food from our farmers to families in need throughout America.”

The real kicker is that this complicates life for the nonprofits handing out the boxes; they're consulting counsel about potential challenges to their tax status since they're not permitted to engage in overt political activity. Same w/ the National Guard which in some states helps hand out the boxes so there are questions about Hatch Act violations.

USDA dismisses all that and puts the letters in the boxes anyway. Some pantries open the boxes and remove the letters before distribution. Some recipients open the boxes and throw the letters out the car windows as they leave the distribution centers...

Last edited:

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
...Trump cares about us and he cares about America as well.

hi, thanks for your comment.

during these truly difficult times like we are currently in, i can recognise and understand a human desire to try find someone whom we can thank for any help that the 99% has received.

as @Alli and @thekev expressed, the House of Representatives led the way, and shamed the Senate Republican majority into agreeing to a stimulus.
trump had no political recourse but to agree to it.

the House of Representatives has been trying very hard to get another stimulus package for all Americans.
unfortunately the Senate Repuplicans and trump are very stingy on this 2nd effort to help the 99%.

but to be sure, the trump base needs this economic stimulus as much as the democrats who are fighting hard to get it passed.
it is very likely to get passed again. but it is thanks to Speaker Pelosi. without her, there would have been no hope.
i wish to join you and applaud trump - in the same spirit that Speaker Pelosi has also applauded trump previously.
source.gif

Last edited:

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score

Trump may not hate you, but he sure as shit hates me. And I’m pretty certain he hates you too. He hates his supporters. He thinks you’re trash. We’re all trash in his eyes. Some of us are just trashier than others.

U

User.45

@Rjohnson, you have perfectly fallen *for Trump's antics:
1. You attributed the stimulus check to him
2. You assumed that if he pays taxpayer money to help you out, he cares about you
-----
In reality, the money was appropriated by the request of congress, and Trump actually delayed the delivery of the checks when he wanted to make sure his signature is on the check. And those who received the shadiest looking debit card instead of the check also received junk mail ensuring to let you know it was Trumps doing. So all he did is delayed your payout, to make sure he politically profits from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score

There wasn't a choice. Or chaos would have ensued.

Same with Obama and the bail outs. There wasn't a choice. Even the GOP candidates, who swore up and down they wouldn't bail out, would have done so anyway if they was elected.

Top Bottom
1 2