Storing your digital vaccine info

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Wanted to get an idea of how people are storing their vaccine info on their devices. In CA I went online and got a digital QR code and then took a pic of my vaccine card, then added them both to a Note in my iPhone. This way it's somewhere easy to find without having to sift through all my photos when needed and it contains everything in one place. I've also avoided laminating my card since we'll likely have a booster but I keep in my wallet just in case.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I click to open the NHS (national health system) app. I click retrieve a COVID pass thingie. I can add the QR code directly into Apple Wallet or choose to save it as a PDF on my phone, or email it to myself. Both of these options are easily searchable, but not as convenient as the Apple Wallet. Or I could just open the NHS app and retrieve it directly whenever I need to, but that takes longer than Apple Wallet.

Can you not add your QR code directly into the Apple Wallet?
I'm sure I can, it's just a matter of convenience. I have both the QR code and the image of my card in one single location in a Note that I can access in a couple of seconds without any fumbling around.

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
Right now I just have a photo of it in my camera roll (and favorited so I can easily find it). I don't travel much and my state is full of luddites, so a digital vaccine card won't be available until the next pandemic.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
I have photos (somewhere) of all relevant physical documents on my phone. Not really good for any practical purpose anyway so no need to have it easily accessible, just something that could be cool to stumble upon in a decade or five. For medical purposes, I actually do trust our health care organizations to keep the records straight.

The only relevant vaccine info I feel like I could need on my devices for now is a copy of the EU Digital COVID Certificate. Grabbed one, got a copy of the full PDF stored in Files and added a version of it to Apple Wallet as well. Both easy to find. Don‘t expect to use either before they expire (after three months) as the certificate is currently only useful for travel.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I've just had a photo of it in my camera roll the entire time. I have the piece of paper at home for now.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
The actual card is at home in a safe place, and I'll put it in my purse when it's time for the booster jab. In the meantime the photo is on my iPhone in both the "favorites" section and a new album that I've helpfully called "Vaccination." Periodically I clean out the images on the camera roll but don't want to inadvertently wipe that vaccine record image off, too. I want it where I can quickly access it, too, rather than having o scroll through a bunch of images. I don't use the Photos app nor are the images automatically uploaded to iCloud, as I don't need to clutter up my iCloud with odds-and-ends of snapshots I've taken while out-and-about or with ones I've shot at home as a preliminary experiment to see if an idea I have for a shot will work before I get out the serious gear.

After I get the booster I'll take a new shot of the card and put that into the "Vaccination" album instead of the one that's in there now.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The actual card is at home in a safe place, and I'll put it in my purse when it's time for the booster jab.

I had a doctor's appointment last week and was notified they are only allowing people who have been vaccinated to go into the office. Wasn't concerned because I do have the scan on my phone, but when I got there it was already in their system that I have been vaccinated. I assume this is because they did ask for my insurance info when I got vaccinated. Point being, if you are insured they may not need to see your card to get the booster.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wanted to get an idea of how people are storing their vaccine info on their devices. In CA I went online and got a digital QR code and then took a pic of my vaccine card, then added them both to a Note in my iPhone. This way it's somewhere easy to find without having to sift through all my photos when needed and it contains everything in one place. I've also avoided laminating my card since we'll likely have a booster but I keep in my wallet just in case.
I saw that CA residents can add the digital record to Apple Wallet. I wish more states offered that. I just have a picture of my vaccination record card.

Ulenspiegel

διπλωμάτης
Reaction score
In some European countries (or all, God knows) we can download it. Though I have a special COVID card as well.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
My two Moderna jabs were done at two different county health department facilities and I know I'm in their records, which I believe also were sent on to the state as well. Presumably some time soon I'll be notified about the booster jab and will make an appointment to get it at again a county health department facility.

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
Photo library. Tagged it with "Covid" and "Vaccination" keywords so it's searchable. Paper card sitting in drawer at home...same drawer my wallet's in. :) (keep my d/l in the SUV). Don't use cash. Only grab my ID when I have a dr's appointment or need to vote. :)

Top Bottom
1 2