Study Shows Excess Corporate Profits in the US Have Become 'Widespread'

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
This is what happens when people vote against their own best interest. Donald Trump could open a "Paper Money Recycling Center" and his base would line up and hand in their cash, and probably pay him on top of that for his effort of taking it off their hands.

After all, this was Trump's only true major accomplishment... giving rich people tax cuts, then bragging about it at his golf club to his rich minions.

All the people who pay all the taxes are the ones arguing and fighting with each other, while they enrich themselves. I bet congress creeps like Cruz, Hawley, Boebert, Greene, Gaetz, etc. are making a killing off their celebrity, while someone whining about inflation and gas will vote them back in.

There's been a recent trend the last three decades of republicans walking into office with an improving economy and country, taking credit for things they haven't done, flushing the economy in the shitter, then immediately pointing the finger at the next dem to take office. My guess is, Biden will probably stabilize things before 2024, and if a republican wins, they will walk right in and declare everything is a result of their efforts.

Republicans are like the people who hit a parked car, and blame the parked car.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
This is what happens when people vote against their own best interest. Donald Trump could open a "Paper Money Recycling Center" and his base would line up and hand in their cash, and probably pay him on top of that for his effort of taking it off their hands.

After all, this was Trump's only true major accomplishment... giving rich people tax cuts, then bragging about it at his golf club to his rich minions.

All the people who pay all the taxes are the ones arguing and fighting with each other, while they enrich themselves. I bet congress creeps like Cruz, Hawley, Boebert, Greene, Gaetz, etc. are making a killing off their celebrity, while someone whining about inflation and gas will vote them back in.

There's been a recent trend the last three decades of republicans walking into office with an improving economy and country, taking credit for things they haven't done, flushing the economy in the shitter, then immediately pointing the finger at the next dem to take office. My guess is, Biden will probably stabilize things before 2024, and if a republican wins, they will walk right in and declare everything is a result of their efforts.

Republicans are like the people who hit a parked car, and blame the parked car.
When things are going badly, Americans vote Democrat to fix it. When things are going fine, Americans vote for the most racist candidate on the ballot.

NT1440

Power User
Reaction score
When things are going badly, Americans vote Democrat to fix it. When things are going fine, Americans vote for the most racist candidate on the ballot.
And when Democrats refuse to fix things that are in their capability, they blame people who recognize this for getting steamrolled the next election.

The two party system is a farce, ratcheting ever rightward.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Based on a greater understanding of more geographical knowledge I don’t entirely blame people voting against their own best interests. For one there are Democrat regions that have been in decline for decades where Democrats have failed to materially deliver. I think the result of Hillary blowing off Michigan illustrates this. Second, you have a large percentage of the population blaming Satan for everything and they’ve been indoctrinated into believing Democrats are in league with Satan and they feel battling Satan is in their highest best interest even if it means suffering now.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think this fits well here.

"The billionaire class, or at least many of them, would prefer to loot and pillage under the cover of the old political decorum and rhetoric. They like the fiction of paying homage to an emasculated democracy. It gives them the veneer of respectability.

But this is not to be. The rage of the betrayed is articulated by imbecilic demagogues vomited up from the social and political swamp. Corporations and the billionaire class will continue to exploit, but under a cruder and crueler authoritarianism. The social, political, economic and environmental breakdown will accelerate. Reality, increasingly unpalatable, will cease to exist in public discourse. It will be replaced by millenarian cults, such as the Christian fascists, and bizarre conspiracy theories, a retreat into magical thinking where evil is embodied in demonized individuals and groups that must be eradicated. Truth and lies will be indistinguishable. The vulnerable will be cast aside, blamed for their own misery, as well as ours. Those who resist will be criminals. Mass death will sweep across the planet. This is the world our children will inherit unless those who control us are wrenched from power."

Top Bottom
1 2