Sudden self-scrolling

OP
Thomas Veil

Thomas Veil

Elite Member
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Anybody else have this issue? When I try to highlight text in the reply box on TalkedAbout, I sometimes can’t because the reply window suddenly scrolls up on its own.

It only started happening a few days ago.

I’m thinking it’s a XenForo issue because when I try the same thing on MR it inadvertently highlights the reply I type and part of the quoted text above it.

Now ironically, this post is behaving normally. 🤨 As you can see by my italicized words.

MissNomer

Slightly imaginary
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Anybody else have this issue? When I try to highlight text in the reply box on TalkedAbout, I sometimes can’t because the reply window suddenly scrolls up on its own.

It only started happening a few days ago.

I’m thinking it’s a XenForo issue because when I try the same thing on MR it inadvertently highlights the reply I type and part of the quoted text above it.

Now ironically, this post is behaving normally. 🤨 As you can see by my italicized words.

Nope, seems fine for me. iOS 15.1 13 Pro.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Could it be something with the media previews loading? They usually take a while to load and when they do they shift the page position as they pop in.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Could it be something with the media previews loading? They usually take a while to load and when they do they shift the page position as they pop in.

This is something that happens to me a lot in general when I'm browsing on my iPhone. It tends to jerk around a lot for no apparent reason.

That said, it isn't something I've noticed happen here any more or less than elsewhere.

Last edited:
OP
Thomas Veil

Thomas Veil

Elite Member
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Here's a better idea of what I'm talking about. This is a post which I finally made on my desktop, having given up on doing it on my phone.

What you're seeing is me trying to highlight the URL in order to remove the link and make it plain text. Every time I touch one of the ends of the highlighted area, instead of the end following my finger, the whole window just scrolls up. I scroll down again, and the whole thing starts over.

I doubt that's previews or anything else loading. That's just plain errant behavior.

FWIW, I didn't mention it before but I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 15.1.

MissNomer

Slightly imaginary
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Here's a better idea of what I'm talking about. This is a post which I finally made on my desktop, having given up on doing it on my phone.

What you're seeing is me trying to highlight the URL in order to remove the link and make it plain text. Every time I touch one of the ends of the highlighted area, instead of the end following my finger, the whole window just scrolls up. I scroll down again, and the whole thing starts over.

I doubt that's previews or anything else loading. That's just plain errant behavior.

FWIW, I didn't mention it before but I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 15.1.
Now I’ve got my 13 Pro, before I empty out my 7 plus to return back to Apple, I’ll upgrade it to 15.1 (still on 14.8 ATM) and try it for you this weekend.

Yoused

up
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I was trying to comment on a story on ars, quoting someone else. I wanted to remove the nested quotes and leave just a couple lines to comment on, but every time I tried to select text, it started scrolling up the page. Probably just a WebKit issue.

MissNomer

Slightly imaginary
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Now I’ve got my 13 Pro, before I empty out my 7 plus to return back to Apple, I’ll upgrade it to 15.1 (still on 14.8 ATM) and try it for you this weekend.
@Thomas Veil: OK, I couldn't replicate the URL copying but I did have a devil of a time trying to delete my draft.

Took about 8 attempts to click on the vertical ellipses to bring up that submenu. Most of the time I'd do that and I'd get scrolled to the bottom of the page.

7 plus, iOS 15.1

Top Bottom