Support has consequences.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I’m happy with Biden’s performance, but let’s talk about this more in November. I imagine if the GOzP takes control of the Congress, every Democrat initiative will grind to a halt. :unsure:
Here, let me fix that for you.

I imagine if the GOzP takes control of congress, every initiative will grind to a halt.

The 'r's have already advertised what their priorities are, and NONE of them involve governing. They want to impeach Biden for unspecified reasons, they've got some culture war axes to grind, some more judges needed, if it involves the pandemic boot science, and most importantly insure any state level voter suppression.

The GOP have abandoned anything resembling a party of governance, when they went with the novel approach of abandoning a platform for their own national convention. The GOP has become nothing but a veritable Statler & Waldorf bitching from the cheap seats about anything done on behalf of anyone that isn't a political donor. The GOP has settled comfortably on being the party that runs up debt, starts wars, and wrings their hands about anyone non white entering the country or has lived here all their lives. We may have to accept that the GOP will want another run at running up debt, cozying to dictator's for ideas, mismanaging the next pandemic, sidelining science, making personal profit, all until the country gets fed up & votes 'd's back in so the 'r's can bitch about how their fixing the messes the 'r's made.

Only problem? It won't matter if the country gets fed up and votes 'd's back in. The 'r's will have sabotaged our election system so much, it won't be until a complete country wide collapse that the 'r's will not want to take responsibility for, that inspires a true change.

One could point out that Jim Jordan could show up for THAT committee eagerly for 11 hours as well, and look impotent. I wonder what's different about the Jan 6th one? Too short? :unsure:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is THE MOTTO of the GOzP being unaccountable and above the rules of the institution, and above the laws of the Nation they currently serve as they subvert our Federal Govt by passing their own shit that they pass off as legislation both at the Federal and State level. The Democrats for their own dignity, and our democracy’s survival and can’t accept this lawlessness.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Here, let me fix that for you.

I imagine if the GOzP takes control of congress, every initiative will grind to a halt.

The 'r's have already advertised what their priorities are, and NONE of them involve governing. They want to impeach Biden for unspecified reasons, they've got some culture war axes to grind, some more judges needed, if it involves the pandemic boot science, and most importantly insure any state level voter suppression.

The GOP have abandoned anything resembling a party of governance, when they went with the novel approach of abandoning a platform for their own national convention. The GOP has become nothing but a veritable Statler & Waldorf bitching from the cheap seats about anything done on behalf of anyone that isn't a political donor. The GOP has settled comfortably on being the party that runs up debt, starts wars, and wrings their hands about anyone non white entering the country or has lived here all their lives. We may have to accept that the GOP will want another run at running up debt, cozying to dictator's for ideas, mismanaging the next pandemic, sidelining science, making personal profit, all until the country gets fed up & votes 'd's back in so the 'r's can bitch about how their fixing the messes the 'r's made.

Only problem? It won't matter if the country gets fed up and votes 'd's back in. The 'r's will have sabotaged our election system so much, it won't be until a complete country wide collapse that the 'r's will not want to take responsibility for, that inspires a true change.

One could point out that Jim Jordan could show up for THAT committee eagerly for 11 hours as well, and look impotent. I wonder what's different about the Jan 6th one? Too short? :unsure:
I disagree with the statement you fixed, if they take back Congress, their initiatives will bubble up from dark consciousnesses, as they continue to shoot their own brand of poison into the veins of democracy at both the state and federal level.

When a political party becomes this desperate for power, anything goes, it’s just a matter of time and evolution towards the dark side. This is the scenario, however the caveat is that they continue to enjoy something like 40% popular support from voting citizens.

And I’m going to say this more, while hoping I am dead wrong, when push comes to shove, when reasonable people strenuously disagree with them, and there continues to be substantial support for their malfeasance, some element of what passes for today’s Republican Party will eventually turn to their Second Amendment solution (a Republican characterization said by the fringe) because after their passing illegal and unconstitutional laws “legally” no longer works for them, ultimately we’ll hear more of the same kind of misdirection as Stop The Steal and from there who knows?

And if things turn against them, if large scale protests break out against the Republicans who are still holding Congress because of corruption at the State level (as we see happening today, unconstitutional political, self serving, voter suppression laws), koolaid drinking patriots will shout from the rooftops that their libertay to be selfish, racist pricks is being stolen and their preciouses will call to them. Guns plus false claims of liberty being stolen in my estimation is a bad news.

Of high interest in my mind is how will the US Military shake out in this conflict? It was already tested once when the Joint Chiefs of Staff in essence told Mr. Trump to fuck off, or I am convinced martial law would have been declared in support of his Stop The Steal Poison.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1483405824349384705/
= Consequences

Why is this important? Because if any those supposed "electors" grasp the real issue involved, one may expose who provided the template used by those electors there and in other states. If a tie is made to the "45" campaign as it's been made before, it will show how elaborate the plan to overthrow a fair election really went with the 'r's.

Bear in mind, we are just finding this out. Pence knew this back THEN

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1483405824349384705/
= Consequences

Why is this important? Because if any those supposed "electors" grasp the real issue involved, one may expose who provided the template used by those electors there and in other states. If a tie is made to the "45" campaign as it's been made before, it will show how elaborate the plan to overthrow a fair election really went with the 'r's.

Bear in mind, we are just finding this out. Pence knew this back THEN

I really hope they do 19 years. The people trying to kill our democracy need to be locked up. The “seditious conspiracy” charges are a great development in the Jan 6 case.

My worry is if Trump wins 2024, all these people will get pardons. Then subsequent political violence will increase, with people assuming they will get pardons when they get “their guy” installed.

That’s why I cannot forgive Mitch McConnell for refusing to impeach in 2021. Immediately after the failed insurrection, most people (including most Republicans) were denouncing it. It would NOT have been hard for him to pressure his caucus to convict... and they’d guarantee he could never run again. He is a coward and complicit with the traitors to this country.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I really hope they do 19 years. The people trying to kill our democracy need to be locked up. The “seditious conspiracy” charges are a great development in the Jan 6 case.

My worry is if Trump wins 2024, all these people will get pardons. Then subsequent political violence will increase, with people assuming they will get pardons when they get “their guy” installed.

That’s why I cannot forgive Mitch McConnell for refusing to impeach in 2021. Immediately after the failed insurrection, most people (including most Republicans) were denouncing it. It would NOT have been hard for him to pressure his caucus to convict... and they’d guarantee he could never run again. He is a coward and complicit with the traitors to this country.
This is serious… and what we don’t hear from the GOP about how heinous it is, but they’d rather their base not pay attention. And what about rank and file Republicans, what are they saying about it? :unsure: Those people who are ignoring suponeas from Congress should be hauled in, in contempt

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
This is serious… and what we don’t hear from the GOP about how heinous it is, but they’d rather their base not pay attention. And what about rank and file Republicans, what are they saying about it? :unsure: Those people who are ignoring suponeas from Congress should be hauled in, in contempt
They are scared stiff of Trump because they think if they don’t kiss his butt, they will lose their seats in Congress to a trump-loving candidate in the next primary.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Buckle up kids!

We're in for a redo, because the former 2X impeached president HAS to win to avoid responsibility for his past actions.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1483830940816265223/

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
so sad I was hoping the judge could sentence him right away. is he in jail?
They will probably just fine him $2000 and/or put him on probation. The fine is $1000 per count, and he was convicted of 2. Max prison time is 1 year per count. I highly doubt that will happen.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The beat goes on in prosecution and sentencing of insurrectionists... but one judge in handing down an extremely stiff sentence [on Tuesday, September 27] tacked on remarks rebuking both former president Trump and current GOP leaders with respect to behavior related to the 1/6 insurrection and its aftermath, including ongoing use of the rhetoric of political violence in their remarks.

U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson said former President Donald Trump had turned his lies about the election into a litmus test for Republican candidates and that “high-ranking members of Congress and state officials” are “so afraid of losing their power” that they won’t contradict him. That fealty, she said, comes even as law enforcement and judges involved in cases related to the former president are facing unprecedented threats of violence.

It’s up to the judiciary, she added, to help draw the line against those dangers.

“The judiciary … has to make it clear: It is not patriotism, it is not standing up for America to stand up for one man — who knows full well that he lost — instead of the Constitution he was trying to subvert,” said Jackson, who was appointed by former President Barack Obama.

In addition, Jackson said, Trump and his allies are using rhetoric about the multiple criminal probes connected to Trump that contain dangerous undertones.

“Some prominent figures in the Republican Party … are cagily predicting or even outright calling for violence in the streets if one of the multiple investigations doesn’t go his way,” Jackson said.

The judge’s tough remarks came as she delivered a sentence to Jan. 6 defendant Kyle Young, who pleaded guilty to assaulting D.C. Police Officer Michael Fanone in some of the most brutal violence that occurred during the attack on the Capitol. Jackson sentenced Young to 86 months in prison, one of the stiffest sentences handed down, after describing his “enthusiastic” participation in the mob violence against Fanone, including by passing a taser to another rioter who used it on Fanone’s neck. Young, she noted, was accompanied amid the mob by his 16-year-old son.

But her most notable comments were directed not at Young but at Trump and GOP leaders themselves, describing them repeatedly as so beholden to “one man” that it has become “heresy” for Republicans to contradict his claims of election fraud.

Top Bottom
1 2