Support has consequences.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
...And

E9WcguvUYAMA25j

🤦‍♀️

You get bonus points if 'Steven Seagal" jokes didn't pop into your head immediately.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Mo Brooks is trying to have it both ways with a bunch of Trump voters, and in the process demonstrating to any interested fellow Republicans that it's not that easy to try to sidle away from the seriously crazy side of the Trump train and still keep on board all the voters that elected The Don in 2016.

Congressman Brooks of course was all in for cries of "stolen election" after Trump lost in 2020, but now in starting campaign for an Alabama Senate seat, he's trying to get Trump's rally base excited about 2022 and he overstepped the mark with them at a recent rally. He suggested it's time to leave the lost cause of 2020 behind, move forward and fix it all by putting focus on winning in 2022.

The crowd went off the rails completely and booed him and started chanting "No, No, No, Fix it Now!" and he shifted gears then and barely managed to regain control at the rally. But later on Brooks tweeted a reminder from his social media account that of course he believes the election was "fraught with fraud and election theft on a massive scale."

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

I know I’ve said this before about other people, but this guy for sure is the GOP top 2024 presidential nominee contender. If they can find him. And he hasn’t died from Covid. So many great moments to pull from his career.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1432838430740844549/

What are they going to tell companies they hate them so much, they want them to stop donating to them?

laughing-crying-laughing-hysterically.gif

Yeah, right.

I thought companies were people allowed to do things they want to, especially if it's satisfy a legal request.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1432877556433395712/

Boy does shit change when they want it to. Why would the GoP be upset? There's nothing to hide right? Isn't that what they always say?

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
🤦‍♀️
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1434566985065672704/

In other words, you'd like to be special. Some things DON'T apply to you, that apply to others.

Will these subpoenas withstand legal scrutiny? There is no established historical or legal precedent regarding congressional power to enforce subpoenas against members of Congress. But if the bipartisan committee has to defend the subpoenas in federal court, it could make a strong argument that the Constitution allows a court to order compliance.

Although not expressly stated in the Constitution, Congress’s power to gather facts to assist in lawmaking efforts is well established in Supreme Court case law. The theory is that a “legislative body cannot legislate wisely or effectively in the absence of information,” and “some means of compulsion are essential to obtain what is needed.” Because legislating is Congress’s constitutional duty, the Court in 2020 issued a ruling in its favor on another unprecedented question: serving a congressional subpoena for a sitting president’s financial information held by his accounting and tax firms. In Trump v. Mazars, Chief Justice John Roberts wrote for a 7–2 Court—with only Justices Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito dissenting—that although a presidential subpoena raises distinct separation-of-powers concerns, the House committees’ subpoenas were valid: “Without information, Congress would be shooting in the dark.”

It's a good thing these guys hate subpoenas so much, otherwise this would seem a tad bit hypocritical.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1434526336073166865/

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

I know I’ve said this before about other people, but this guy for sure is the GOP top 2024 presidential nominee contender. If they can find him. And he hasn’t died from Covid. So many great moments to pull from his career.
Maybe now would be a good time to appoint a couple of public defenders and get on with it.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

I don’t understand how these members of Congress aren’t being instantly slapped with obstruction of justice and evidence tampering charges. And you wonder why people don’t trust the government. It’s not just this brazen act. It’s that they get away with it. “It’s just politics”. This is like if somebody was being charged with murder and the DA ignored investigation criminal behavior because they didn’t want to upset the murderer’s friends and family. Fuck off.

I'm so tired of Democrats marching us towards fascism with their inaction.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
I don’t understand how these members of Congress aren’t being instantly slapped with obstruction of justice and evidence tampering charges. And you wonder why people don’t trust the government. It’s not just this brazen act. It’s that they get away with it. “It’s just politics”. This is like if somebody was being charged with murder and the DA ignored investigation criminal behavior because they didn’t want to upset the murderer’s friends and family. Fuck off.

I'm so tired of Democrats marching us towards fascism with their inaction.
"I'm so tired of all these women being raped..."

What do you think the "Democrats" should be doing about all this? And, no "Republican" involvement?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
"I'm so tired of all these women being raped..."

What do you think the "Democrats" should be doing about all this? And, no "Republican" involvement?

For one thing on this specific topic, what is in my post. Charge these members of Congress with obstruction of justice.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Top Bottom
1 2