Supreme Court justice suggests dropping federal marijuana laws

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
This is the last guy I expected to offer this opinion.

His argument seems to be, if you’re gonna have a hodge-lodge of states where it’s illegal, legal, or legal for medicinal use only, what’s the point in having federal laws?

I have to say I agree with him. 😳

Note, please, he’s not saying states can’t keep it illegal.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The Federal vs. State conflict is ridiculous, if it's under State control, then allow them to do so.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
The laws are silly right now. As it mentions, they still have to pay taxes but can't write off operating expenses on something the federal government regards as illicit activity. This is the kind of thing that will get Republican pushback though. They like to tout the idea of states' rights until it comes to something they disagree with. Democrats may have just figured it wasn't worth the political capital.

Of course, even if people invade the capitol on April 20th of any given year, I imagine it being far more peaceful than January 5th.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Next thing you know somebody in the supreme court will suggest we have consistent laws across all states on guns and voting.

Just kidding. Our government isn't in the "fixing problems" business.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Next thing you know somebody in the supreme court will suggest we have consistent laws across all states on guns and voting.

Just kidding. Our government isn't in the "fixing problems" business.
Ah yes, but there are federal standards, and the Federal Govt has intervened in States, voter rights, integration of schools, discrimination with some success.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
The laws are stupid. Pot is legal where I live. I work for a Healthcare Company. We work with the government for Medicare. Therefore, it's still a no-no for employees. Even though it's completely legal where I live.

Second, I've been to just one store in Oregon/Washington where you can pay with plastic. Every other shop is cash only because it's so hard for pot stores to have banks accounts or something along those lines.

Top Bottom
1 2