Sure, Clegg. Sure.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Another month, another long-winded defense of inexcusable behavior from Facebook. I loved this bit:

But what evidence there is simply does not support the idea that Facebook, or social media more generally, is the primary cause of polarization.
So, he’s moved the goalposts to FB not being the primary cause of polarization. Did they come in 2nd place to Trump’s rhetoric or something?

Also, his writing is terrible.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This is pretty damning testimony, that they forcibly opted people back into allowing misinformation before the election, then turning it back off after. FB is like a virus for misinformation.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Facebook is basically the beginning of Skynet leading to destruction of humanity.
Nah. Facebook is losing users, which is why you’re seeing leaked memos with ideas such as “how do we get little kids hooked on this?” I believe they’ve already peaked and are in decline. Their own internal research shows kids believe that Facebook is for old people. Sure, FB will try to buy more companies that are “popular with the kids” to stave off extinction, but I think their days are numbered.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Nah. Facebook is losing users, which is why you’re seeing leaked memos with ideas such as “how do we get little kids hooked on this?” I believe they’ve already peaked and are in decline. Their own internal research shows kids believe that Facebook is for old people. Sure, FB will try to buy more companies that are “popular with the kids” to stave off extinction, but I think their days are numbered.

Actually, I hope that their days are numbered; they are an appalling company, with an ethics free owner.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Actualy, I hope that their days are numbered; they are an appalling company, with an ethics free owner.
They're a lot like Arn over at MR, if you favor those on the right who are most outraged and likely to post a lot, you'll see a boon in traffic and advertising dollars. Basically, all you have to do is sell yourself and any dignity you once had out.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
They're a lot like Arn over at MR, if you favor those on the right who are most outraged and likely to post a lot, you'll see a boon in traffic and advertising dollars. Basically, all you have to do is sell yourself and any dignity you once had out.

I’m willing to do that! Where do I sign up ?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
So true. My daughter has a FB page: so she can keep in touch with her teachers from middle and high school and a few of our friends. Yeah, she is that kid. :ROFLMAO:

But none of her friends have FB.

Top Bottom
1 2