Surprise in new iOS 16 beta

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Look what we have here in the top right corner.

13CDC24B-C464-489E-ABFA-1D21C4F5547A.jpeg

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
I'm still on an 8+ so I never lost the percentage. 😂

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Other changes i notice:

On iPad, the status bar now has returned at the top of the screen when apps are expanded to full screen using stage manager. (In a couple recent betas the time, date, etc. was missing when the window was expanded).

cmd-f in safari doesn’t work. The “find” bar appears below the bottom of the screen and doesn’t seem to receive inputs.

When composing a mail you get this bar at the bottom of the screen (some or all of it may have been there before. I know at least the font button did show up in prior betas):

E05F5EDB-9B8A-421B-ACE7-87E6A231EE01.jpeg

This allows you to scan docs, scan text from docs, etc. The font stuff, btw, is great, and finally allows various options that desktop email permits. I’ve been using it for a month or so and forgot to mention it.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Another new thing. When you take a screen shot and exit the screenshot screen, the menu of options now includes “copy and delete.” Confusing verbiage, but what it does is copies it to the clipboard without saving it to your photo roll. I will use this a lot.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Another new thing. When you take a screen shot and exit the screenshot screen, the menu of options now includes “copy and delete.” Confusing verbiage, but what it does is copies it to the clipboard without saving it to your photo roll. I will use this a lot.
My first thought is it would've done the opposite, save to photos and delete from clipboard. Good to know and yeah, definitely confusing language.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

So it has basically combined 2 steps into one. Is that correct?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yeah, I often take a screenshot just to copy into a message, email, or to my Mac, and then it's QUIT >> DELETE

I've always wanted a key combo, like both volume up + volume down + power for a screenshot and copy.

JayAgostino

Suspended
Reaction score
That'll definitely come in handy! It sort of behaves like the Snipping Tool in Windows! :)

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That'll definitely come in handy! It sort of behaves like the Snipping Tool in Windows! :)
There are different keyboard combinations in macOS depending on whether you want to create a file or just copy to clipboard, so it’s clear Apple understands it’s a common use case. In fact, on mac i almost never screenshot-to-file.

JayAgostino

Suspended
Reaction score
In fact, on mac i almost never screenshot-to-file.
Yeah, same. Most of the screenshots I take are never used more than once and are only temporary.

I wish there was an option to permanently delete them after being copied instead of being moved to the "Recently Deleted" folder...

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
There are different keyboard combinations in macOS depending on whether you want to create a file or just copy to clipboard, so it’s clear Apple understands it’s a common use case. In fact, on mac i almost never screenshot-to-file.

Same, and I use ClipMenu so the last X memory only screen shots are available (mine is configured for the last 200 C/X operations).

Top Bottom
1 2