Tables not being lowered for ‘furries,’ RRISD responds to candidate’s Twitter claim

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
its getting traction
STIN (KXAN) — No, tables are not being lowered at Round Rock Independent School District to accommodate kids who identify as animals and want to eat without their hands, the district said, after a woman running for House District 136 made the claim on social media.

“Cafeteria tables are being lowered in certain @RoundRockISD middle and high schools to allow ‘furries’ to more easily eat without utensils or their hands (ie, like a dog eats from a bowl),” candidate Michelle Evans said in a tweet from what appears to be her campaign account. The post is spreading online.

The comment was made on another post that said litter boxes were being put in Michigan school bathrooms for kids who identify as cats. School districts in Michigan have debunked those viral claims.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I was almost going to merge this with the other “furries” thread, but I see these happened in different localities.

Which tells me this is starting to look like a conservative plot to scare the crap out of parents so that they can more easily justify taking over school boards. And stupid, gullible parents are believing them.

What’s it say about these perverts—the conservatives concocting this stuff to feed to parents—that all of their subterfuge seems to revolve around children?

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
I always wonder how much of this craziness is actually believed by the people who are pushing it. I have to think that most Fox News hosts know that Trump is an idiot and liar but their ratings are high and they are raking in the dough so they run with it and laugh all the way to the bank. And I have to think that most GOP politicians are also likewise aware but they keep throwing raw meat to the base just to rile up antagonism toward "the libs" so they can stay in power.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking clever twitter troll. Also the claim about Abott is almost believable, given what a fucking jackass the guy is.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I was almost going to merge this with the other “furries” thread, but I see these happened in different localities.

Which tells me this is starting to look like a conservative plot to scare the crap out of parents so that they can more easily justify taking over school boards. And stupid, gullible parents are believing them.

What’s it say about these perverts—the conservatives concocting this stuff to feed to parents—that all of their subterfuge seems to revolve around children?
I debated on it too. it is spreading it looks like I predicted it so when do I get my reward?

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I always wonder how much of this craziness is actually believed by the people who are pushing it. I have to think that most Fox News hosts know that Trump is an idiot and liar but their ratings are high and they are raking in the dough so they run with it and laugh all the way to the bank. And I have to think that most GOP politicians are also likewise aware but they keep throwing raw meat to the base just to rile up antagonism toward "the libs" so they can stay in power.

Studies show Fox News consumers are less informed than people who consume no news, remember that. BS sells to the GOP.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 215

This is all part and parcel of the right's war on public education. Something they've been fighting for decades, but has been bolstered by the pandemic and the rise of "wokeness". What they want is a consumer-like "a la carte" education in which the parents have complete oversight and choice of everything being taught (if not homeschooling outright). Was listening to an interesting discussion about this topic; apparently Hungary's far-right government has banned homeschooling because they don't want parents teaching their kids anything progressive or anti-nationalist. They've taken the role of the state in enforcing a specific ideology and morality to its extreme. Meanwhile the American right is taking the contradictory stance of wanting the state out of schools, but also passing nonsense legislation like the "don't say gay" bill. None of this is going to end well.

Top Bottom
1 2