OP
Eric

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
You're not alone:

Sounds like it may be a Tapatalk issue with some Xenforo sites
Forum owners have no control over their software so there's rarely anything we can do.

ericwn

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
The behaviour seems exclusive to Tapatalk and notifications on the browser are behaving normal.

OP
Eric

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
The behaviour seems exclusive to Tapatalk and notifications on the browser are behaving normal.
Short of notifications on iOS the mobile experience is responsive as it is with Xenforo, I use it all the time and never have any issues with it. I know we have a few users here on Tapatalk so I've left it alone but will eventually drop it, for forum owners it's a pain in the ass. I also don't run ads on my site (even for guests) and don't like that Tapatalk does, this is my biggest issue with them.

ericwn

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
If the forum had the same dark mode and reduced items that Tapatalk had we’d be one step closer to the comfort it provides. How would I disable titles, signature, vaccinating display and all of these things that distract me from the actual content? Is that possible these days?

That to me is the real achievement of their service. Pages? Gone. Everything nice and minimalist.

Last edited:
OP
Eric

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
If the forum had the same dark mode and reduced items that Tapatalk had we’d be one step closer to the comfort it provides. How would I disable titles, signature, vaccinating display and all of these things that distract me from the actual content? Is that possible these days?
We can address some of this but not all. You can use "Discord" for a dark theme, just select it from the very bottom of the page. You can turn off signatures if you like in "Preferences" under your profile. The badges and titles would stay from what I can see there's no disabling those.

ericwn

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
We can address some of this but not all. You can use "Discord" for a dark theme, just select it from the very bottom of the page. You can turn off signatures if you like in "Preferences" under your profile. The badges and titles would stay from what I can see there's no disabling those.

Appreciate the response and I’ve checked out the theme before and visited from a browser before at times but it’s apples and oranges really. Maybe one gets used to it when forced but as a long time app user pretty much all forums in a browser for now have a distinct Win 3.1 feel and I don’t mean that as a compliment.
I know the Tapatalk folks are a pain in the rear for plenty things but damn this stuff looks so much better there.

OP
Eric

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Appreciate the response and I’ve checked out the theme before and visited from a browser before at times but it’s apples and oranges really. Maybe one gets used to it when forced but as a long time app user pretty much all forums in a browser for now have a distinct Win 3.1 feel and I don’t mean that as a compliment.
I know the Tapatalk folks are a pain in the rear for plenty things but damn this stuff looks so much better there.
No worries, I'll leave it up as long as people are tied to it. Just hoping we can eventually inctice people to switch. :)

Diplomacy seems a strength of yours
Yep, the diplomacy of a wrecking ball. Good thing we have no rules here, not sure anyone's crossed the line that directly here to date.

MissNomer

Slightly imaginary
Vaccinated
Reaction score
No worries, I'll leave it up as long as people are tied to it. Just hoping we can eventually inctice people to switch. :)

Yep, the diplomacy of a wrecking ball. Good thing we have no rules here, not sure anyone's crossed the line that directly here to date.
Two wrecking balls, if you please. Don't sell me short...

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Vaccinated
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure I'm close?

Top Bottom