Tesla Home Charging Solution

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Oh, I didn't realize the cable kit had a bracket to hold the main TMC body, that's awesome, looks like a clean install.

That's your after 11p is rate is roughly effective rate here, that $0.11/kWh is pretty sweet.

Nothing like $9 to go about 300 miles :D
Is that what it works out to? Yeah man, I'll take that over $65 that I was paying every time I filled up (from roughly 1/3 tank) on my BMW, it was insane man.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Is that what it works out to? Yeah man, I'll take that over $65 that I was paying every time I filled up (from roughly 1/3 tank) on my BMW, it was insane man.

see @quagmire's math above :)

It should be even better for you, LR config has better range and I drive like an asshole :D

Also, assuming 98% of your charging is at home, the convenience factor is huge as well.

cloudflare420

Power User
Reaction score
Nothing like $9 to go about 300 miles :D
I was just looking at how much I spent last month on charging and it was basically nothing. This is all relying on superchargers, EVGo, and free L2 chargers.

Probably could’ve been less but I was scared to let the battery drop below 20%. Now I don’t charge unless it’s in the single digits.

Attachments

• 61687EE7-63ED-44C5-A356-D332E79E4E42.jpeg
    61687EE7-63ED-44C5-A356-D332E79E4E42.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 41

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I was just looking at how much I spent last month on charging and it was basically nothing. This is all relying on superchargers, EVGo, and free L2 chargers.

Probably could’ve been less but I was scared to let the battery drop below 20%. Now I don’t charge unless it’s in the single digits.
What car/app is that? That would be great to have for the Tesla (maybe I'm not seeing it?).

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

A buddy of mine, who's a long time Tesla owner, now has 2 (and zero ICE), he's a madman: he runs down to 0% o_O

I used a lot of SuC miles I didn't really have to (could've easily made it home > 10%), mostly did it since I had a free 1000 miles, and mild range anxiety - but otherwise, our typical destinations have free charging options, so even for those trips, a lot of free mileage :)

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I had to switch my EVSE over into "dumb mode" :LOL:

Works fine like that, I'm not really using any of the smart features anyway, the company is going to be partnering with ChargeLab for the app side of their smart features.

Ulenspiegel

διπλωμάτης
Reaction score
Eric, it might be one of the cheapest solutions.

Just gather some kids and they will do the job for some lollipops.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2