Tesla recalls nearly 54,000 vehicles that may disobey stop signs

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Those have FSD are probably already aware. There's some speculation as to whether or not this was a planned feature and they got busted or an actual mistake. In either case stuff like this makes me glad I didn't get it, autopilot works great and that's all I really need.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Why do they need to be recalled vs a software update?

Of course, not having one I am not sure how all that works.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Why do they need to be recalled vs a software update?

Of course, not having one I am not sure how all that works.
Right, I don't think anyone has to actually bring them in from what I've seen. It's just a switch associated with the car.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The NHTSA used the term "recall", but that's pretty antiquated, it's really a fix since it'll be OTA, recall sort of implies taking the vehicle to a service location, but this is a case of tomato / toe-mah-to ...

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The NHTSA used the term "recall", but that's pretty antiquated, it's really a fix since it'll be OTA, recall sort of implies taking the vehicle to a service location, but this is a case of tomato / toe-mah-to ...
It's surprising how many cars do not upgrade their OS OTA. I drove BMWs for years and if you ever wanted to upgrade the computer you needed a new car. Tesla has completely shifted that and brought a car into the modern day.

diamond.g

Power User
Reaction score
A recall is a recall. It is term that means something needs to be rectified and has no bearing on how the update is done / fixed, whether it's via an OTA, or a dealer visit. Both of my Mercs had a "recall" last year. We got the official letter, which stated that we don't need to do anything, apart from park the cars with mobile phone coverage (i.e. out of a garage) for a few hours.

OTA updates to add new features are not the same thing as official recalls. Tesla agrees that this is a recall, as per the link I included above, which has links to the official recall notice.

View attachment 11488
Lol the report has the firmware version wrong.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Just fork over $14,000 for the new auto-driving package, and it fixes this. Elon didn’t get rich by NOT ripping people off.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
FSD Beta 10.10 released:

Release notes:
  • Smoother fork maneuvers and turn-lane selection using high fidelity trajectory primitives.
  • Disabled rolling-stop functionality in all FSD Profiles. This behavior used to allow the vehicle to roll through all-way-stop intersections, but only when several conditions were met, including: vehicle speed less than 5.6 mph, no relevant objects/pedestrians/bicyclists detected, sufficient visibility and all entering roads at the intersection have speed limits below 30 mph
  • Improved generalized static object network by 4% using improved ground truth trajectories.
  • Improved smoothness when stopping for crossing objects at intersections by modeling soft and hard constrains to better represent urgency of the slowdown.
  • Enabled lane changing into an oncoming lane to maneuver around static obstacles, when safe to do so.
  • Improved smoothness for merge handling by enforcing more consistency with previous cycle’s speed control decisions.
  • Improved handling of flashing red light traffic controls by adding more caution for events where crossing vehicles may not stop.
  • Improved right of way understanding at intersections with better modelling of intersection extents.

The obsession with this NHTSA action being called X vs. Y is f***ing hysterical :ROFLMAO:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yes, it is. The only people obsessed over it are the weird Musk fanboys who get upset over any news site that calls it a recall, when it is factually a recall. This is hysterical and weird. Almost cult like.

Actually the anti-Tesla people are just as silly, which was my complete X vs. Y point. :)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Actually the anti-Tesla people are just as silly, which was my complete X vs. Y point. :)
I respect Elon but as long as he constantly makes bombastic political statements on Twitter he's asking to be a lightning rod.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I respect Elon but as long as he constantly makes bombastic political statements on Twitter he's asking to be a lightning rod.

Hahaha, oh sure, and by anti-Tesla, I don't mean being critical of Tesla (don't get me started on the Yoke ...), just like I don't consider someone who's positive about something Tesla related to be a "fanboy" (man do I hate that fucking word ...)

There's a group of people, I mean, they post so much I know them by name, that skulk around waiting to pounce on anything Tesla related ...

Who’s the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?” – Obi-Wan Kenobi

Top Bottom
1 2