Tesla would like your permission to send them videos of you as their faulty systems go off

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Their accident avoidance systems is terrible and I would say border on the line of dangerous, it regularly goes off for no apparent reason, scaring the shit out of you as a result. Now they want to capture and send them videos when it goes off? I think not.

Help Tesla improve the intelligence of features that rely on cabin camera by sharing analytics from your vehicle. When enabled, cabin camera data will be shared with Tesla if the vehicle experiences a safety critical event like a collision, or if cabin camera functionality requires diagnostics to perform. This data includes short cabin camera video clips to help us further develop future safety features and software enhancements such as collision avoidance updates. As usual, you can adjust your data sharing preferences by tapping Controls > Software > Data Sharing > Allow Cabin Camera Analytics.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Videos of the driver? During an oh shit moment before/during a potential crash? Hell no!

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Videos of the driver? During an oh shit moment before/during a potential crash? Hell no!
I don't disagree with the premise if the system worked as designed but 98% of the time it's a false alarm and goes off when you're doing nothing but driving safely. If this is the best they have out there then this tech is nowhere near ready for day to day driving.

It also tells us why you have to opt into their FSD system and drive like the little old lady from Pasadena for months before they'll accept your request into their beta program.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
Our driver's rating is at 84% and we're currently good to go with the full self driving system. But yeah it penalizes you for being a good driver. My wife and I never use FSD because it's not very smooth here in downtown LA. Lines disappear and people jump in front of you all the time and for no reason during turns it'll SLAM on the brakes - dropping 20mph and scream back up to speed.

This morning I was in the carpool lane with the traffic aware cruise control and an undercover cop turned on their lights and accelerated really quickly (they were half a mile behind me) so I jumped out of the carpool lane to let the cop go by (there was no one in the fast lane) but someone was in the lane next to the fast lane - easily doing 20-30 mph less than me - and despite having no one in front of me, the car slammed on the brakes (musta thought I was going to continue going right?) - scaring the shit out of my wife and I. lol.

We rarely - if ever - use FSD. I'll only use traffic aware cruise control if there's no one else around.

IMO if they get enough videos of this thing happening when it shouldn't, maybe they'll fix it?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Our driver's rating is at 84% and we're currently good to go with the full self driving system. But yeah it penalizes you for being a good driver. My wife and I never use FSD because it's not very smooth here in downtown LA. Lines disappear and people jump in front of you all the time and for no reason during turns it'll SLAM on the brakes - dropping 20mph and scream back up to speed.

This morning I was in the carpool lane with the traffic aware cruise control and an undercover cop turned on their lights and accelerated really quickly (they were half a mile behind me) so I jumped out of the carpool lane to let the cop go by (there was no one in the fast lane) but someone was in the lane next to the fast lane - easily doing 20-30 mph less than me - and despite having no one in front of me, the car slammed on the brakes (musta thought I was going to continue going right?) - scaring the shit out of my wife and I. lol.

We rarely - if ever - use FSD. I'll only use traffic aware cruise control if there's no one else around.

IMO if they get enough videos of this thing happening when it shouldn't, maybe they'll fix it?
This is what happens to me, every time it makes me almost jump out of my seat and it's nearly always by mistake, if someone knows of a way to disable that crappy system I'm all ears. Sounds like you still need 98% if you want into the program though.

I think my neighbor has is because me and my wife were crossing the street and the oncoming car stopped a half block away (we had it beat by a long shot without needing to speed up as we crossed) then it just sat their after we crossed and walked up driveway into our house, seemed like maybe 30 seconds or more. We got a good laugh out of it.

With the exception of TACC their automation features are shit and nowhere close to functional in the real world. To be fair they still call it beta but paying for it would be insane.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is what happens to me, every time it makes me almost jump out of my seat and it's nearly always by mistake, if someone knows of a way to disable that crappy system I'm all ears. Sounds like you still need 98% if you want into the program though.

I think my neighbor has is because me and my wife were crossing the street and the oncoming car stopped a half block away (we had it beat by a long shot without needing to speed up as we crossed) then it just sat their after we crossed and walked up driveway into our house, seemed like maybe 30 seconds or more. We got a good laugh out of it.

With the exception of TACC their automation features are shit and nowhere close to functional in the real world. To be fair they still call it beta but paying for it would be insane.
It has to be because I bought a used one then. Cuz all we had to do was switch it on and bam we had it - so it was based on previous owner. 98% to get in! That's impossible (in LA anyway). LOL.

And wow (poor neighbor, lol). For $12k? Nope. lol.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It has to be because I bought a used one then. Cuz all we had to do was switch it on and bam we had it - so it was based on previous owner. 98% to get in! That's impossible (in LA anyway). LOL.

And wow. For $12k? Nope. lol.
Not sure if it's still applicable but you can opt out, then after a little while reset your screen, then opt back in with a clean slate with a new score after about 100 miles.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just caught this ad on TV calling for FSD to be shut down.

Top Bottom
1 2