Texas governor bans all COVID-19 vaccine mandates, including by private businesses

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Like you needed another reason not to visit this right wing shit hole.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order on Monday to prohibit any entity — including private businesses — from enforcing a COVID-19 vaccine mandate on workers, and he called on state lawmakers to pass a similar ban into law.

The move comes as the Biden administration is set to issue rules requiring employers with more than 100 workers ensure their employees are either vaccinated or tested weekly for the coronavirus. Several major companies, including Texas-based American Airlines and Southwest Airlines, have said they would abide by the federal mandate.

"No entity in Texas can compel receipt of a COVID-19 vaccine by any individual, including an employee or a consumer, who objects to such vaccination for any reason of personal conscience, based on a religious belief, or for medical reasons, including prior recovery from COVID-19," Abbott wrote in his order.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Nothing new from the contrarian death cult. He’s probably a closeted hyper vaxer and gets jabbed weekly at the party member ICU bed orgy.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t know what he thinks his legacy is going to be here. At worst history will completely forget him and at best he’ll be remembered as the governor who went out of their way to ensure more sickness and death. His name endorsement signature should be chiseled on every covid death headstone in Texas.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Idiots are dying defending him. A lady posted on NextDoor that she was anti vaccine but just got out of a 6 week covid coma and was now going to rehab because of Covid and was now telling people to get vaccinated. Like why does it take people almost dying to believe this crap?

I'm not very popular on any social media because when anti vaccine folks catch covid and are really ill and asking for prayers I'm like oh well, this is on you. #ThotsAndPlayers And don't ask me to fund your go fund me.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
An upsetting behavior we have yet to see is eventually covid cases will reduce to the point that we can return to some kind of normalcy and all these anti-precautions and anti-vaxxers who didn’t get it or die will proclaim they had the good information all along, triumphed over the democrat conspiracy, and then continue to apply the same proud ignorance in every other aspect of their life.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
If you want a preview of what Abbott has planned, check out what Ron DeSantis is doing in Florida. He’s preparing to fine…well, damn near everybody.

The decision to fine Leon County comes a day after the Orlando Sentinel reported the state of Florida is investigating dozens of local governments, performing arts centers, the Miami Marlins, a law enforcement counter-terrorism unit and a concert by singer Harry Styles for suspected violations of the law.
Around 120 cases are being reviewed for violations, according to a public records request from the Orlando Sentinel.
In central Florida, the list includes Orange County government; the Orange County Convention Center; AdventHealth, one of the state’s largest health care systems; several performing arts venues; and the Amway Center, which is home to the Orlando Magic and recently hosted a concert by Styles whose tour mandated that attendees either be vaccinated or have a negative COVID-19 test.
In South Florida, those being investigated by the Florida Department of Health include the Marlins, the only major sports team on the list; the city of Miramar; the Plantation Police Department; and several performing arts venues.
Also on the list, around the state, are a Florida Department of Law Enforcement counter-terrorism unit in Jacksonville; the Gasparilla Music Festival in Tampa; and Gainesville Mayor Lauren Poe. Several cruise ship companies also made the list despite a federal court order that has prevented enforcement of the law against Norwegian Cruise Lines.

Has the smell of a crazy ego trip combined with a last-ditch effort to save his poll numbers, doesn't it?

And it's going to get worse.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
If you want a preview of what Abbott has planned, check out what Ron DeSantis is doing in Florida. He’s preparing to fine…well, damn near everybody.

Has the smell of a crazy ego trip combined with a last-ditch effort to save his poll numbers, doesn't it?

And it's going to get worse.
Those two are definitely trying to out-stupid each other.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Those two are definitely trying to out-stupid each other.
I think DeSantis could still be beat by the grand wizard of stupid, Trump, in Florida. I’m not so sure in Texas. It’s clear Abbott is trying to do everything he can to keep Texas from flipping blue but he actually might be speeding up the process. Florida is too much of a conman paradise to make any predictions.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Abbot has two competitors who are more far right crazy, so he’s done this to appeal to the rabid maga base and secure his future. That is how stupid US politics have become. I genuinely fear that 2024 will be the last US election, because the traitors are allowed to walk freely post 6/01 and people seem to think that they will just disappear like a bad smell. I feel that is naive.
Abbot's new ban was supposedly to ward off the even more crazy of Alan West.

An Alan West who is now taking credit for Abbot's latest desperation antics.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1447949594017599490/

As if anyone needed things to be any more clear that Abbot's actions are solely based on his political survival, and NOT the people of Texas.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
My employer made vaccines mandatory. A good chunk of people were terminated because they didn't want to take it.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Like why does it take people almost dying to believe this crap?

That's because for a lot of people, it isn't a problem that they've had to deal with, and everyone else should quit whining about it. That is until it does finally happen to them, then it suddenly becomes the worst problem imaginable.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
That's because for a lot of people, it isn't a problem that they've had to deal with, and everyone else should quit whining about it. That is until it does finally happen to them, then it suddenly becomes the worst problem imaginable.

Classic trait of conservatism… Zero empathy. If it takes something happening to you before you understand it, that’s the opposite of empathy. Thats just feeling bad for yourself. And we’ve seen the scenario you mention play out over and over.

Top Bottom
1 2