Texas House approves open carry without a permit

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score

Get some of this “logic”.

Under current Texas law, residents must obtained a permit to carry a handgun, which requires a training class, shooting class, written exam and an application fee of up to $40.
The bill would allow for anyone 21 or older to carry a handgun — either concealed or openly in a holster — without fulfilling those steps. It also says business owners must verbally tell customers if guns aren't allowed in their businesses, rather than only posting a sign.
Got it? So you can’t just post a notice that guns aren’t allowed. You must verbally confront someone who tries to carry a gun into your store.

The bill's lead sponsor, GOP state Representative Matt Schaffer, called it "constitutional carry" legislation and argued that many people don't have the time and money to get a permit.
That is a howler. “Don’t have the time or money”?? Does that apply to auto licenses as well? Day care licenses?

Even the cops are against this. If the past month has proven anything, it’s that the proverbial “good guy with a gun” can’t solve a damn thing.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Get some of this “logic”.

Got it? So you can’t just post a notice that guns aren’t allowed. You must verbally confront someone who tries to carry a gun into your store.

That is a howler. “Don’t have the time or money”?? Does that apply to auto licenses as well? Day care licenses?

Even the cops are against this. If the past month has proven anything, it’s that the proverbial “good guy with a gun” can’t solve a damn thing.
Guns are more treasured than kindergarten children in our country. Shame on people that make it that way. They have a choice and this is their choice.

When the mass shootings became a big news issue over a decade ago, we were told by the right that MORE guns were the solution. Well, gun sales since then have gone through the roof, but (as the sensible people knew) mass shootings have gone up instead of down. Not seeing this is a complete denial of reality.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Sure, they probably included that stipulation hoping that stores (maybe especially big chains) will back down and decide not to prohibit gun-toting customers after all. Plenty of shops would not want the hassle of their managers getting anxious at the prospect of being unarmed themselves yet being required to confront an armed wanna-be customer over a no-gun-in-store policy.

It's an extrapolation of the hassle over enforcement of the no-mask-no-entry policy, in a way. People have come to blows over that stuff when stores try to enforce a sign outside the store by just having staffers inside the entrance remind customers of the rule. Now switch to the no-guns notice with requirement to remind verbally, and just imagine a staffer's delight trying to tell a gun-toting customer he can't come in the store with a gun per the notice outside. You couldn't pay most of us to be a "greeter" in such a circumstance.. and the Texas legislature is counting on stores to realize that.

U

User.191

Many many many years ago, when I first came to the US, I was amazed at how fast, and dangerously, everyone drove in Dallas.

I asked a coworker and their reply was that "It's every Texans God-given right to drive how they want."

So I then inquired about if the police cared. The reply was an honest "It's every Texan cops God-given right to shoot them for doing so."

Remind me again why I stayed?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Many many many years ago, when I first came to the US, I was amazed at how fast, and dangerously, everyone drove in Dallas.

I asked a coworker and their reply was that "It's every Texans God-given right to drive how they want."

So I then inquired about if the police cared. The reply was an honest "It's every Texan cops God-given right to shoot them for doing so."

Everything's bigger?

It's ok in Florida.
...and Oklahoma.

The REAL test will be when the people who supposedly don't protest ( see Jan 6th ) do, and someone whom these governors believes is a protestor decides to test this law out.

It's amazing that elected officials supposedly sworn to uphold the rights of those who elected them, don't want to understand why PEOPLE protest. Eventually they will though, ...they always do.

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I wonder if that will hold true for running down protestors when they're Proud Boys. Or is it only ok to run down BLM protestors?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
BF054059-D5C0-4676-BF4A-98305B64DD7D.jpeg
Skurge: I’m particularly found of these, pulled them out of a place on Midguard called Tex-Arse. I call them Des and Troy.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

It used to be blue, to see it blue again. :)

Top Bottom
1 2