Texas Republicans endorse legislation to allow vote on secession from US

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

A lot of people agree Texas will probably flip to a blue state within the next decade. So if they think this action will lead to a conservative or Trumpist utopia they are sorely mistaken.

U

User.45

A lot of people agree Texas will probably flip to a blue state within the next decade. So if they think this action will lead to a conservative or Trumpist utopia they are sorely mistaken.
TEXIT!!!! WE SHOULD CALL IT TEXIT, PLEASE!!!!

YASS!! THEY CALL IT TEXIT!!! YEAHH!

(It makes as much sense as Brexit - the policy equivalent of ritually stabbing yourself in the balls to inflict pain on people you hate. YEAH!)

Last edited by a moderator:

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
How many times has this happened in the last several years? man the biggest babies are found in Texas. I am sure Russia would welcome them.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
How many times has this happened in the last several years? man the biggest babies are found in Texas. I am sure Russia would welcome them.

I recently watched a Henry Rollins video where he was saying there is no “we the people” in this country and the biggest miracle of the US is that we aren’t on our 3rd or 4th civil war by now.

These are people who live in bubbles within bubbles and would probably be more successful if they introduced legislation to have the neighborhood they live in secede from the US. Even in CA I’m well aware we have Republicans and Trumpists here, mostly in the valley and rich neighborhoods where they mostly see having an actual job as a part-time hobby. I know the people of San Francisco don’t speak for them and vice versa.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
If they ban indoor plumbing first maybe the liberals will move back to California before any flip can occur.

Apparently you are unaware of liberal’s love of the composting toilet.

In a few years you’ll be able to see the caravan of liberal tiny houses making their way to Texas from space. Native Texans will be dismantling the southern border wall to move it to the other borders.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
If they did, and Congress were to approve the petition, there would not be another RepubliQan president for, well, maybe ever.

If you are saying Texas is the epicenter of Qanon and Trumpism I think you are wrong. I believe that is the preoccupation of purple states and states with a population of 5 that might as well be a part of Canada with their measurable "issues and challenges".

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
No, I am saying Texas has not given its EVs to a Democrat in 45 years. That is 38 EVs that the Rs would be hard-pressed to make up.

Excuse my ignorance, I don't know what EVs are. What I do know is liberals are migrating to Texas in droves, which on many levels I find ironic because conservative media loves to advertise "liberals are all about this....", not contemplating for a nano-second that maybe they actually aren't and instead want to promote the narrative that they are so disgusted that they switched to Republican/conservative.

I yield the floor to my esteemed colleague.

U

User.45

Excuse my ignorance, I don't know what EVs are. What I do know is liberals are migrating to Texas in droves, which on many levels I find ironic because conservative media loves to advertise "liberals are all about this....", not contemplating for a nano-second that maybe they actually aren't and instead want to promote the narrative that they are so disgusted that they switched to Republican/conservative.

I yield the floor to my esteemed colleague.
EVs=electoral votes or electric vehicles.

dogslobber

Power User
Reaction score
Did you know Texas is an anagram of Taxes? I always found that should have eventual meaning to TX.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Where’s their independent spirit now?

1613439890259.jpeg

U

User.45

When your own shit comes back to haunt you

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1361693012225650688/
That's frozen water in that bathtub.

It's being pointed out that Texas' infrastructure issues hammered by the unexpected weather, falls under 'r' STATE administration shortcomings.
I really really hate this bickering. It makes people start rooting for others to experience a catastrophe so they can say 'told you so. Unhealthy and (goodness, this is going to be the first time I use this term)...unamerican.

Top Bottom
1 2