Texas

U

User.45

But I guess for some people when you are going to let willful ignorance be your guide there’s no reason to half-ass it.
It's more than willful. It's calculated ignorance. Actual real evil thing. You can argue about the economic impacts of closing and you can strike a calculated balance on that, but what's the economic impact of wearing masks? Practically nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User.45

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
😂

The below, however, is not funny. Not at all.

Twitter user Em wrote: "I hate it here. catch me double masking from now on." Kimmie shared an AP tweet on the mask mandate being lifted, posting: "So much for a 'Pro-lifer.' I can't even imagine the fear of restaurant workers, families with children with disabilities and the 97 percent of Texans that haven't received the vaccine yet. I hate it here #TurnTexasBlue #VoteHimOut"

U

User.45

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yup, I read on Twitter that the Alamo Drafthouse didn't care what the governor said, they were following CDC guidelines. No mask, no entry.

It will be interesting if we return to when this was earlier, and people suddenly didn't believe in the rights of businesses.

They can decide NOT to bake a cake, but they have no right to make you wear a mask when entering their premises. 🤦‍♀️

Speaking of business rights, read an article earlier saying how the right’s campaign against cancel culture is actually a campaign against business and the free market. In summary these are business decisions being made, not government decisions, and if they turned out to be bad decisions via the reaction from the free market then those decisions would be reversed. So far the market isn’t having a problem with those decisions.

I feel like this has become like high school and the outcasts (Republicans) think the cool kids (Democrats) owe them stuff, but when they get a taste they clearly don’t know what to do with it or abuse it. One things for sure. They will never be the cool kids, and I don’t know which they resent more, having their cool kid toys taken away or knowing they will never be a member of the cool kids.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
What amazes me about the GOP's

It's more than willful. It's calculated ignorance. Actual real evil thing. You can argue about the economic impacts of closing and you can strike a calculated balance on that, but what's the economic impact of wearing masks? Practically nothing.

He's being like a minor Trump, trying to wash his hands of all responsibility and let the businesses and citizens battle it out.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
and another that says that answers on tests cannot be considered wrong if their religion says they’re right.

Seriously?! So if the answer is actually "climate change" then some poor sod of a teacher in Ohio learns never to ask a question with that answer again because of having to accept "Jesus Christ" or "Almighty God" as also correct? Great.

What about some smartass kid who decides to affirm that he worships combustion engines... and his dad backs him up in a parent-teacher conference...

Ohio is far more weird than I had imagined.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Yup, I read on Twitter that the Alamo Drafthouse didn't care what the governor said, they were following CDC guidelines. No mask, no entry.

It will be interesting if we return to when this was earlier, and people suddenly didn't believe in the rights of businesses.

They can decide NOT to bake a cake, but they have no right to make you wear a mask when entering their premises. 🤦‍♀️

About the size of it. And no coincidence if they're all fond of pretzels, ya think?

But kudos to the Alama Drafthouse in the meantime. Hope other businesses have that much sanity. I think there are probably plenty of voters who would prefer that guidelines be followed and who intend to continue following them personally.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Some companies have already come out and said they are still going to follow CDC guidelines and require a mask. Of course all the Trumpers are up in arms. I have seen some people begin circulating lists of businesses that will require a mask so they can avoid/boycott them. There's even a list going around of those that will not require a mask so they can go there and support them. It's crazy. People are crazy.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Some companies have already come out and said they are still going to follow CDC guidelines and require a mask. Of course all the Trumpers are up in arms. I have seen some people begin circulating lists of businesses that will require a mask so they can avoid/boycott them. There's even a list going around of those that will not require a mask so they can go there and support them. It's crazy. People are crazy.
WHAT?! They can't do that! "CANCEL CULTURE". They hate that!

:sneaky:

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1367167920024002560/

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is the second time in several weeks I’ve heard a Republican politician claiming to be speaking for all Texans and I thought are you sure about that? The first being the claim that Texans would rather risk freezing to death for days than have more federal regulation.

Joe Walsh on his show said this might actually backfire economically. If more informed people think a business could have a bunch of maskless freedom chest thumpers meandering around then they might go fuck that, I’m not going there. Similarly if they think there could be a Beat It video style confrontation between the masked and maskless.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
This is the second time in several weeks I’ve heard a Republican politician claiming to be speaking for all Texans and I thought are you sure about that? The first being the claim that Texans would rather risk freezing to death for days than have more federal regulation.

Joe Walsh on his show said this might actually backfire economically. If more informed people think a business could have a bunch of maskless freedom chest thumpers meandering around then they might go fuck that, I’m not going there. Similarly if they think there could be a Beat It video style confrontation between the masked and maskless.

I'm curious to see how it's going to go down next week.

Trumpers that are happy about it are saying things like "Businesses can still follow CDC Guidelines if they want to. It's about CHOICE" - but I can guarantee those same people will be crying when Walmart still requires them to wear a mask inside the store. They are going to be ranting and raving about Abbott saying they don't have to. It's about choice, but they are already making lists to boycott those requiring masks.

I have a friend that works retail and she said they are not going to force the customers to wear a mask because they are tried of fighting it with customers. They are going to continue wearing masks as employees and keep all their current precautions in place....but people are just tired of fighting these antimask folks.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
This pandemic has really showed me how selfish Americans are. I mean, I knew it already, but damn, it's bad. Something as easy as wearing a mask causes a meltdown.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how it's going to go down next week.

Trumpers that are happy about it are saying things like "Businesses can still follow CDC Guidelines if they want to. It's about CHOICE" - but I can guarantee those same people will be crying when Walmart still requires them to wear a mask inside the store. They are going to be ranting and raving about Abbott saying they don't have to. It's about choice, but they are already making lists to boycott those requiring masks.

I have a friend that works retail and she said they are not going to force the customers to wear a mask because they are tried of fighting it with customers. They are going to continue wearing masks as employees and keep all their current precautions in place....but people are just tired of fighting these antimask folks.
Which ultimately demonstrates how 🤬 ing stupid this all seems to me.

The employees who can be called "essential workers" will be the ones wearing masks for the protection of others who don't want to wear a mask and/or give a :poop: about possibly infecting others.

despicable-me-what-gif.gif

Is there still a wonder why their power infrastructure collapsed because it got cold again and the powers that be were warned? Really?!

Top Bottom
1 2