Texas

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Which ultimately demonstrates how šŸ¤¬ ing stupid this all seems to me.

The employees who can be called "essential workers" will be the ones wearing masks for the protection of others who don't want to wear a mask and/or give a :poop: about possibly infecting others.

despicable-me-what-gif.gif

Is there still a wonder why their power infrastructure collapsed because it got cold again and the powers that be were warned? Really?!

These anti mask people are some of the most awful people I have encountered. Just the comments I have read on social media show how awful they are and how they do not give a shit about anyone else but themselves. I hope some karma comes their way when shit opens up next week.

I saw a lady say she was going to continue to wear a mask because she has had 7 family members pass away from Covid over the last year, and the first comment is some idiot lady saying "That's sad, but I'm still not going to wear mine" like wtf? Just don't say anything if you're going to be a dick, but she just wanted to throw it in her face that she wasn't going to wear hers still. F everyone else.

I'm still going to wear mine. These Trumpers better not mess with me in public for choosing to wear one. I'm not the one.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how it's going to go down next week.

Trumpers that are happy about it are saying things like "Businesses can still follow CDC Guidelines if they want to. It's about CHOICE" - but I can guarantee those same people will be crying when Walmart still requires them to wear a mask inside the store. They are going to be ranting and raving about Abbott saying they don't have to. It's about choice, but they are already making lists to boycott those requiring masks.

I have a friend that works retail and she said they are not going to force the customers to wear a mask because they are tried of fighting it with customers. They are going to continue wearing masks as employees and keep all their current precautions in place....but people are just tired of fighting these antimask folks.

The bad news is you put on a mask to not infect others, less so to protect yourself.

I heard something like a little over 50% of white Republicans donā€™t want to get vaccinated. It didnā€™t say why. Iā€™m assuming itā€™s something like believed Bill Gates mind control. The irony is nothing put in the vaccine could make you more stupid or ignorant than a Trump worshipper and they did that if their own free will.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
The bad news is you put on a mask to not infect others, less so to protect yourself.

I heard something like a little over 50% of white Republicans donā€™t want to get vaccinated. It didnā€™t say why. Iā€™m assuming itā€™s something like believed Bill Gates mind control. The irony is nothing put in the vaccine could make you more stupid or ignorant than a Trump worshipper and they did that if their own free will.

Yeah, they think the vaccine is tracking them like their cell phones don't already do that lol

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, they think the vaccine is tracking them like their cell phones don't already do that lol

Probably the same people who donā€™t think theyā€™re social media posting is public record. Itā€™s like they are proactively trying to scale back their job and public office opportunities.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
For a group that believes libs are soft & prone to cancel culture & things are too PC now...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1367547769632743424/

Y'all some touchy ass MFers.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1367556304206761984/
Republicans: we will literally act like cavemen, and then act extremely offended when people accuse us of acting like cavemen. Same with racism: ā€œitā€˜s so unfair they call us racists!ā€ 5 minutes later: The Georgia voting billā€¦

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
For a group that believes libs are soft & prone to cancel culture & things are too PC now...

One of the problems with tribalism is people feeling they need to defend every individual idiot in their tribe or every insult hurled at one idiot is hurled at the entire tribe. Now every slight and disagreement is responded to with the same blind tunnel vision as a 2nd amendment supporter.

Unfortunately for the right Trump has given them an endless list of how they can, and will be, instant top tier hypocrites.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

I know.

This is hilarious; such thin skin, and strange sensitivity.

They still dwell - nursing their hurt and bruised pride - on how Secretary Clinton referred to them as "deplorables", and now sulk when the current White House (with exquisite precision) makes a reference to how their beliefs & conduct re masks can best be described as the "behaviour of Neanderthals".

Wonderful.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Uh...

They are suing a company that exists basically because of their chosen approach to infrastructure?

Did the state NOT look into this when they authorized the company to operate, that this was a possibility?

Seems a lot like more looking for someone else to blame for the state's complete lack of oversight on this matter.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Despite the warnings, some states with still-growing outbreaks, such as Texas and Mississippi, have relaxed restrictions. ā€œI donā€™t know why theyā€™re doing it but itā€™s certainly, from a public health standpoint, ill-advised,ā€ infectious-disease expert Anthony S. Fauci told CNN on Thursday. Citing what he said was a high baseline for new infections, Fauci called the decision to pull back on precautions ā€œinexplicable.ā€

Texas removing the restrictions truly is inexplicable.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Unless they assume (hope? pray - as in that awful, vomit inducing, clichƩ - "thoughts and prayers") that only the poor (and less well off - in other words, those less likely to cast a ballot for the GOP) will susceptible to this virus, or become infected and then proceed to die from it.
That would be Florida / Desantis' approach.

If you are looking at it strictly from a numbers approach, you can see how Ron may see there is a greater supply of poor to provide replaceable "essential workers", but a limited number of wealthy donors to help keep him in office.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
One of the problems with tribalism is people feeling they need to defend every individual idiot in their tribe or every insult hurled at one idiot is hurled at the entire tribe. Now every slight and disagreement is responded to with the same blind tunnel vision as a 2nd amendment supporter.

Unfortunately for the right Trump has given them an endless list of how they can, and will be, instant top tier hypocrites.

This is true. Because with Ted Cruz Conservatives defended him to the death when he fled to Cancun because of tribalism.

U

User.45

"Literally extinct".:):):):):)

That mic is dropped so hard it is rumored to be seen launching into orbit on the other side of the planet.

But seriously, if a litany of whining can be summed by 2 words, that means maybe the efforts are orbitally misplaced?!:D

U

User.45

Free market baby!

However, if that money was owed by just a handful of millionaires and billionaires the regulator would apologize profusely and reverse the charge immediately.
This is poor strategy no matter who the victim is. It sounds like both a class action lawsuit and people systematically saying fuck you and your bullshit, Iā€™m not paying.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is poor strategy no matter who the victim is. It sounds like both a class action lawsuit and people systematically saying fuck you and your bullshit, Iā€™m not paying.

You can't sue freedom!

However, you can shoot it which is probably more appropriate for Texas.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Liberals are always accused of ā€virtue signalingā€ and maybe Greg Abbott was envious. So he would like to present:

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1367699473703579652/

Sure, pass a law that clearly violates the first amendment and will be lit on fire by the courts the instant it passes. The important thing is that all the right-wing voters know you oppose cancel culture!!!

If that works then we should file a class action lawsuit against MR.

Top Bottom
1 2