Texas

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
My brother in Austin texted me earlier about this. He's normally a pretty chill and go with the flow type of person. But he thinks this is stark raving nuts.

As someone else stated:

“We can't give you power or water, but we sure as hell can give you Covid!”

Yeah, everyone I have messaged and all of my coworkers say they are still wearing their masks and taking precautions. At least I have been vaccinated, but most of the state has not.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
My brother in Austin texted me earlier about this. He's normally a pretty chill and go with the flow type of person. But he thinks this is stark raving nuts.

As someone else stated:

“We can't give you power or water, but we sure as hell can give you Covid!”

Not only that but Texas can now give you every currently known variant of Covid, not just the standard issue one used to develop the vaccines now avalable.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1366857288909287424/

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Texans resent being thought of as a bunch of ignorant yahoos.

It would help if they’d just stop doing unbelievably dumb and reckless stuff.

Abbott needs to be kicked to the curb ASAP.

Abbot's trying to thread a needle and avoid trips to court vs people getting ready to sue over the mandate being unconstitutional --as some were wanting to do last summer. So he says ok let's open up for business... and at the same time he mentions that it's still a personal responsibility to observe appropriate guidelines against covid exposure.

That way he figures everyone including himself is off the hook, but meanwhile the coronavirus will have its way until more people are immune to (or dead via) whatever strain is going around in a given location at a time.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Texas - 10% of citizenry vaccinated + Texas - 1 of 10 states with greatest infection rates in the country =

tenor.gif

Greg Abbot telling Ron Desantis, "Hold my beer".

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
This thread is just for stupid and idiotic things my State does.

Gov. Abbott just announced on 3/10 that the State will lift the mask mandate and everything will open at 100%

Why was I born here? 😤
Well, the first time I lived in Texas was 1978. It was a pretty good place. I was Republican leaning Navy Officer, but the Democrats were in charge of the State. I was amazed at how good the roads were, and discovered it was oil revenue that powered Texas.

I would have never chosen to come back here to live, too hot, except my wife talked me into it so she could be closer to her parents. Since the mid 80s I have been leaning Left, and the farther right, the Right matches, the farther Left I end up leaning just to hold my position. ;)

Living in a Red State is tough. I listen to the good ole boys rail about liberals and democrats while praising Trump and end up biting my tongue, responding to one old geezer the age of my father, I don’t talk politics at the gym. This or I would have let him have it and found myself surrounded. ;)

Now Abbott appears to be on the defensive after the Winter storm disaster and appears to throwing some red meat to the anti-mask Rumpsters. It’s very discouraging because wearing a mask does nothing to harm busines, but it does help us climb out of the COVID hole faster, but since when in the last 20 years have Repubkicans done anything not based on a partisan twist? :oops:

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Abbot's trying to thread a needle and avoid trips to court vs people getting ready to sue over the mandate being unconstitutional --as some were wanting to do last summer. So he says ok let's open up for business... and at the same time he mentions that it's still a personal responsibility to observe appropriate guidelines against covid exposure.

That way he figures everyone including himself is off the hook, but meanwhile the coronavirus will have its way until more people are immune to (or dead via) whatever strain is going around in a given location at a time.
Stupid is as stupid does... 👀

Yesterday I was at a very cool plant nursery with my wife in Seabrook, Texas and some yahoo 30‘ away started praising me loudly, telling me how cool I was. I had forgotten to wear my mask getting out of the car! :) And he was all excited about Abbott dropping the State mask requirement which was for today. I promptly turned around and went to the car, put on my mask, and passing him, pointed at my face wearing a mask. He just waved his hand at me dismissively, and dissapointed. Lol.

Last edited:

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yeah, people are saying he did this to take the heat off of him for the whole power grid failure. Get his supporters to forget about that mess and praise him for opening the state back up and getting rid of masks. Lets face it, he only cares about conservatives in this state. Democrats are going to not like him regardless. He thinks he can at least win back conservative anti mask people in this state by lifting the restrictions. And just from reading comments conservatives in this state are already happy and forgot about the power grid. Plan worked. SMH

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Well, the first time I lived in Texas was 1978. It was a pretty good place. I was Republican leaning Navy Officer, but the Democrats were in charge of the State. I was amazed at how good the roads were, and discovered it was oil revenue that powered Texas.

I would have never chosen to come back here to live, too hot, except my wife talked me into it so she could be closer to her parents. Since the mid 80s I have been leaning Left, and the farther right, the Right matches, the farther Left I end up leaning just to hold my position. ;)

You live it TX? I thought you lived lived up north, like around the Great Lake area, WI, etc.

Duh.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Around three years ago the two guys who owned the condo unit above mine decided to move to Texas, as one had a promotional job opportunity there and the other was pretty sure he could find something pretty quickly, too, given his degree in engineering..... Sold their condo, moved off to San Antonio, where they bought a house.... They lasted there not quite two years before they decided to move back to this area. Sold the house in Texas, bought a new one here and I daresay are much happier. Haven't really had a lot of opportunity to chat with them about their Texas experience, but I'm guessing it was just not the kind of life that they had been expecting. Fortunately for them they had moved out of there and back to this area right before the whole COVID-19 pandemic thing started so their timing was great!

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Around three years ago the two guys who owned the condo unit above mine decided to move to Texas, as one had a promotional job opportunity there and the other was pretty sure he could find something pretty quickly, too, given his degree in engineering..... Sold their condo, moved off to San Antonio, where they bought a house.... They lasted there not quite two years before they decided to move back to this area. Sold the house in Texas, bought a new one here and I daresay are much happier. Haven't really had a lot of opportunity to chat with them about their Texas experience, but I'm guessing it was just not the kind of life that they had been expecting. Fortunately for them they had moved out of there and back to this area right before the whole COVID-19 pandemic thing started so their timing was great!

I'm only here because my family has been in this area since before Texas was even a State. My mother is getting older and more fragile. I'm 1.5 hours away from her so that is another reason to stay close.

Top Bottom
1 2