Texas

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
and now Texas wants to ban public camping. so of course abbot said it will force city's to find compassionate solutions. sure thats how it works.

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

I wonder if Texas republicans will do a sloooow turnaround on wind, someday claiming that renewable energy was their idea all along. Trump is on record as knowing everything about wind.
These poor Texarse politicians being drenched in oil has addled their brains.

7036A56E-06B7-40A6-9BDB-1E6D8A9207EA.jpeg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The real reason he doesn’t like wind:

View attachment 4464

He is the weirdest fucker alive.

I call that his Winged Mercury style, as on the USA's old dime coin. Probably cost him more than a dime though... just to get embarrassed every time the wind blows. He was never cool enough to be done with it and just shave his head.

winged mercury dime.jpg

U

User.45

Now the lege wants to levy a tax on BEVs because they do not burn the gasoline/diesel and thus are not paying their road tax. Which, on the face of it, is not entirely unreasonable, but the time to impose a burden on EV drivers is when they have reached critical mass. Not now, as they are only just starting to catch on.
Ohio was considering something similar. I love the irony though. I thought it's called Texas because they don't like Taxes.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Now the lege wants to levy a tax on BEVs because they do not burn the gasoline/diesel and thus are not paying their road tax. Which, on the face of it, is not entirely unreasonable, but the time to impose a burden on EV drivers is when they have reached critical mass. Not now, as they are only just starting to catch on.
Wait.

Isn't this state that Musk is threatening to move his Tesla plant to FROM California? :unsure:

What?

lizkat

Reaction score
Wait.

Isn't this state that Musk is threatening to move his Tesla plant to FROM California? :unsure:

What?

Yeah... for some reason I've started getting this image of Alfred E. Neuman in my head whenever Musk opens his mouth these days.

"What, me worry?"​
alfred e neuman - the what me worry kid.jpg

I visualize the iconic image as the backdrop for one of those spinner boards you stick up on a wall, where the arrow pinned into the center is given a whirl and the point lands on a suggestion about what to do next: quit, have lunch, fire someone, go shopping... tweet some BS...

The thing is, most of us would know such a spinner board is like a game, not something with far-reaching consequences. Elon Musk, I dunno.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
What is wrong with the Governor of Texas?

Most government entities in Texas will soon be prohibited from requiring people to wear masks, Gov. Greg Abbott announced on Tuesday, days after federal health officials announced new guidance that encourages people who have been completely vaccinated to forego masks in most situations.

Only a third of Texans are fully vaccinated, below the U.S. average of 37 percent, according to a New York Times database. No Covid-19 vaccines have been authorized yet for children under 12.

There better be a special place in hell for people willing to sacrifice others’ lives for their own political gain. And heaven better be laughing at them when they beg for somebody to take a leak on them to cool off for even a second.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score

There better be a special place in hell for people willing to sacrifice others’ lives for their own political gain. And heaven better be laughing at them when they beg for somebody to take a leak on them to cool off for even a second.
Well, they had zero covid-19 deaths, so the pandemic is over! The strategy of opening up is working!

It is absolutely not a problem with the reporting of deaths, no sirree! They really had zero deaths one day. Twice as many as traditional the next day, but that’s just a blip. It was zero deaths! Really!

F28F5F11-4878-4B19-96F7-DCE40168CDD4.jpeg

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Well, they had zero covid-19 deaths, so the pandemic is over! The strategy of opening up is working!

It is absolutely not a problem with the reporting of deaths, no sirree! They really had zero deaths one day. Twice as many as traditional the next day, but that’s just a blip. It was zero deaths! Really!

View attachment 5249

Hey, last summer Washington state had COVID-Z
26753AB0-2580-4CB4-8ED6-173898912026.png

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Answer: White, often racist GOP.

I live here but don’t call myself a Texan. My IQ did not meet their inverse IQ standards of the long time embedded racists and other negative labels these days that more appropriately define conservative. In fact it’s so bad they need another label, because conservative: Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change, just does not adequately describe what the racist, psycho, fantasyland teeth gnashing Psycho Old Party has become.

It is those people in charge of the State. I’m hoping they are on borrowed time.

lizkat

Reaction score
Yeah so the latest and greatest about what's wrong with Texas is that the governor just signed a bill that bans all abortions after six weeks without any exception for rape or incest. Not to mention that most women wouldn't even know they had become pregnant before six weeks after conception had elapsed. This bill was passed by TX legislature despite massive objection from legal and medical professionals on grounds it weaponizes the judicial system. Among other things it does not require the state to enforce the ban but permits any citizen to file suit against a provider if the citizen believes the new law has been violated. Go figure. Professional say this is a legal nightmare for society in general. Surely headed to courts before people start clogging said courts with zillions of lawsuits against the few providers Texas still has, as well as suits against entities that may make referrals or even just offer information about providers etc.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah so the latest and greatest about what's wrong with Texas is that the governor just signed a bill that bans all abortions after six weeks without any exception for rape or incest. Not to mention that most women wouldn't even know they had become pregnant before six weeks after conception had elapsed. This bill was passed by TX legislature despite massive objection from legal and medical professionals on grounds it weaponizes the judicial system. Among other things it does not require the state to enforce the ban but permits any citizen to file suit against a provider if the citizen believes the new law has been violated. Go figure. Professional say this is a legal nightmare for society in general. Surely headed to courts before people start clogging said courts with zillions of lawsuits against the few providers Texas still has, as well as suits against entities that may make referrals or even just offer information about providers etc.

I’m sorry but this is definitely heinous, bankrupt, but we want to please God is our excuse, POS territory. :mad: This save the unborn is a scam designed to keep the sheep at the trough. The thing is with Despicable Donny on the scene this becomes such a transparent scam foisted on their suckers who stay drunk on Trump’s poison piss, as if they might notice otherwise. 😥

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

These types of barbaric laws are going backwards, approaching cavemen with wild superstitions instead of modern people who understand science. Isaac Asimov observed this anti-intellectual disease in 1980. I wonder if he would be surprised that it has grown so much in the last 40 years.

lizkat

Reaction score
These types of barbaric laws are going backwards, approaching cavemen with wild superstitions instead of modern people who understand science. Isaac Asimov observed this anti-intellectual disease in 1980. I wonder if he would be surprised that it has grown so much in the last 40 years.

So the GOP is going full bore on NO ABORTION... yet they could not care less what happens to the mother or to a fetus she carries to term and delivers. Once it's born, well hey, shrug... at that point, the kid suddenly stops being precious and becomes something she shouldn't have had if she couldn't afford to raise it so clearly she should not have allowed herself to become impregnated yada yada.

That's leaving aside the matter of not making exceptions for rape or incest, never mind the absurdity of focusing on the idea of a heartbeat at six weeks as if fetal viability outside the womb ever depended solely upon that function.

The GOP and their zealous anti-choice followers are not just anti-science. They are against female autonomy.

And it does not faze them that all this is illogical, immoral, vastly impractical and leads to revival of illegal and less safe abortion providers anyway.

What's next in taking women back to barefoot and pregnant house arrest, anyway? Revoking women's right to have credit in their own name? To work outside the home, drive a car? Even the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia lets women drive nowadays... we're going in the wrong direction in the USA.

Top Bottom
1 2