Texas

B S Magnet

Site Champ
Reaction score
I’m not so surprised no one here yet has made mention of Texas, in their special session, trying to ramrod through a statute to regulate trans children’s participation from extracurricular activities such as sports. Because control over what trans kids do, such as existing, breathing, speaking, etc., is a clear and present threat to the good, normal, and pure(-blooded) cis children. Texas, above all else (except voting), must safeguard the cis kids from those sullied, corrupted, and perverse trans kids who probably should be subjected to conversion “therapy” forever and ever, amen.

“How dare you say such horrible things, B S M, you aren’t even from Texas!”

Yes I am. And yes, I survived professionalized conversion therapy as a child in 1986, in Texas City, just five days after my parents learnt I was trans.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I applaud the Dem Congress members from Texas. They knew what they were doing and are in it for the long haul. Abbott can go suck eggs.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I’m not so surprised no one here yet has made mention of Texas, in their special session, trying to ramrod through a statute to regulate trans children’s participation from extracurricular activities such as sports. Because control over what trans kids do, such as existing, breathing, speaking, etc., is a clear and present threat to the good, normal, and pure(-blooded) cis children. Texas, above all else (except voting), must safeguard the cis kids from those sullied, corrupted, and perverse trans kids who probably should be subjected to conversion “therapy” forever and ever, amen.

“How dare you say such horrible things, B S M, you aren’t even from Texas!”

Yes I am. And yes, I survived professionalized conversion therapy as a child in 1986, in Texas City, just five days after my parents learnt I was trans.
In the defense of others, this is Texas we are talking about. We've already covered faux concern for the unborn over those already born, failing power grids, voting, Fled Cruz, Covid, anything that nonsensically spills out Marsha Blackburn's mouth & her need of T Swift for some kind of relevancy, and trying to pass a bill limiting 1A...

I'm sorry that's a lot. Even for Florida. That's so much especially for those of us NOT in Texas ( who may have only visited ) that it's possible we will miss things. Texas has an awful lot shit going on.

Speaking of sh-

I can date the beginning of my own rebirth to July 9, 2018, the day Donald Trump nominated Brett Kavanaugh to be an associate justice on the Supreme Court. I sent Starr a text saying, “You said to me 20 years ago, that Brett was ‘going places’ Clearly!” [punctuation sic] It was my first communication to Starr in memory that went unanswered, and I wondered if he picked up that my message had a bit of an edge. I had met Kavanaugh in 1998 when he was a 33-year-old member of then, Independent Counsel Starr’s team investigating Bill Clinton, and I was a 39-year-old strategic communications consultant hired to help prep Starr to present Congress with his legendary report detailing President Bill Clinton’s sexual interactions with a Monica Lewinsky. One day after a meeting at the independent counsel offices, I was alone in a conference room collecting materials when Kavanaugh entered. He began berating me and invading my personal space in a deranged fury that sent me into flight around the table.

After I invoked “Judge Starr” a few times, a deflated Kavanaugh left, but I felt duty bound to report the incident to Starr. As my client, he needed to be informed about anything that might raise a red flag, and my pulse rate told me this was one. Starr reacted with seeming surprise, saying Brett was probably being protective of him, and moreover was destined for great things — possibly the Supreme Court. “Not if he treats women like that he won’t,” I replied. I then asked Ken to seek an apology from Brett on my behalf and was told, “I’m apologizing to you for him. This is it.” Hence my text to Starr in 2018 acknowledging his prediction.

As Kavanaugh’s confirmation process proceeded, I had no plans to come forward about that encounter. Though I found Christine Blasey Ford credible when she described being assaulted by Kavanaugh as a teenager, I wasn’t sure about the relevance of my experience, which, though quite aggressive and unsettling, was not physically violent and I did not suspect it was alcohol-fueled because at the time I didn’t know that Kavanaugh had been a well-known blackout drunk in college. It was only when I saw his snarling “refutation” of Blasey Ford that I realized that his almost feral belligerence in that conference room more than 20 years earlier had not been a one-off.

There was the time in January 2010 when I saw him in California — he was then dean of the Pepperdine University School of Law — and he asked me, if on my next visit to South Florida, I could extend myself to counsel a “very wealthy, very smart businessman who got himself into trouble for getting involved with a couple of underage girls who lied about their ages.” I confess I did not recognize Jeffrey Epstein’s name at the time, but I knew what statutory rape was and I couldn’t understand why Ken Starr would be involved with him. “Is this a church thing?” I asked. “Are you trying to ‘cure’ him? Why would you do this!” It did not occur to me that he might have been part of the legal team that executed a secret and egregious sweetheart deal for the convicted pedophile or that the stickler for details I knew Starr to be might be grossly undercounting the victims in question. “Everyone deserves representation, Judi,” he said, adding, “He promised to keep it above 18 from now on.” According to an alleged victim statement after the fact, the middle-aged, child molestor, Jeffrey Epstein, did not keep his sex with girls above the age of 18.

Our affair ran its course after a year or so of occasional encounters and a steady exchange of affectionate texts and emails. No fireworks, no drama. I remained his adviser and supporter and he mine and we continued to talk frequently. Later, when I was living and working in Texas, I tried to help him weather his beleaguered tenure at Baylor and then in 2016, when he was fired as a result of a rape scandal involving the college football team, I ran interference for him as best I could. It was a an interview I watched in 2020 with one of Baylor’s aggrieved accusers that helped me understand how I could have been blind for so long to the pattern of misogyny coursing through Starr’s career. Describing a meeting with Starr about her ordeal, she said that he shed a tear along with her, made her feel heard, but did nothing to help get justice for her or the many other female students who came forward with allegations. Unless you count what he said in one interview, “We grieve for what happened. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t say it’s a new day. That’s the biblical perspective that we try to live up to here at Baylor University.” Shamelessly and effectively, he shoved rape allegations under the carpet in the name of Christianity.

It took me 20 years to pull my head out of the proverbial sand, but I can see clearly now all the harm Ken Starr has done from the 1990s and now beyond as he reaches for Mike Pence’s presumed coattails. Seeing him lend his practiced piety to a president who lies so much that he was considered by his previous lawyers to be a walking perjury machine along with his sanctimonious “Religious Liberty in Crisis” campaign that he is presently stumping around the country, has made my story suddenly feel urgent. It’s not just the hypocrisy, it’s the damage Starr’s sham moral authority has done to — our nation, to our people, and remember those children his client separated from their parents and put in cages at the border?

A man whose latest chapter in his 'legacy' involves having hired Kavannaugh, being warned of his shit, and predicting he'd be on the supreme court. Also being tied with Epstein. That's quite the downward spiral.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I applaud the Dem Congress members from Texas. They knew what they were doing and are in it for the long haul. Abbott can go suck eggs.
I believe they've stated they will stay out 1 month. While Abbot in his fanaticism has declared he will keep declaring sessions until the next election if he has to. Then have the Dems arrested and forced to the session & detained when they eventually return. Because that's how it's done in Texas it seems.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1415097945343594502/

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I believe they've stated they will stay out 1 month. While Abbot in his fanaticism has declared he will keep declaring sessions until the next election if he has to. Then have the Dems arrested and forced to the session & detained when they eventually return. Because that's how it's done in Texas it seems.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1415097945343594502/
It seems inconceivable that a State Congress man/woman could be arrested for not going to work. Talk about wrong headed, or maybe absent headedness… 👀

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
This thread is just for stupid and idiotic things my State does.

Gov. Abbott just announced on 3/10 that the State will lift the mask mandate and everything will open at 100%

Why was I born here? 😤
There is always hope the majority will prevail in Texas. And in Texas there is a lot of brown and significant black, but lot of effort is required. What pisses me off is that it was a group of white people who have gone off the rails to cling to power across the country and they are getting enough votes from like minded whites to still hold power, so I’m not impressed with whites as a group, even though I am white. Is it good enough to say 50% of whites have their heads on straight? 👀

However to be fair and not just pick on whites, I think it is clear observing the world that prejudice, and hanging on to what I got at your expense is a primary motivator of human prejudice and can be found across all races, a lot boils down to who has the advantage.

B S Magnet

Site Champ
Reaction score
There is always hope the majority will prevail in Texas. And in Texas there is a lot of brown and significant black, but lot of effort is required. What pisses me off is that it was a group of white people who have gone off the rails to cling to power across the country and they are getting enough votes from like minded whites to still hold power, so I’m not impressed with whites as a group, even though I am white. Is it good enough to say 50% of whites have their heads on straight? 👀

However to be fair and not just pick on whites, I think it is clear observing the world that prejudice, and hanging on to what I got at your expense is a primary motivator of human prejudice and can be found across all races, a lot boils down to who has the advantage.

Again, the Texas political condition, hardly new, is an instance of conserving whiteness through legislation, law enforcement, and executive action, and anyone unfortunately can work to maintain that structure of whiteness — even as doing so works materially against their own best interests in the long run.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
There is always hope the majority will prevail in Texas. And in Texas there is a lot of brown and significant black, but lot of effort is required.

So why do you think that heavily Latino counties in TX are turning towards the GOP?

For example, Zapata County on the Mexican border is 93% Latino and voted 65-32 for Hillary in 2016. They voted Trump 52-47 in 2020.

Source for the 93% Latino stat:

Source for the voting results:

Top Bottom
1 2