'Texting between iPhone and Android is broken:' Google puts Apple on blast for converting Android texts to green bubbles and 'blurry' compressed video

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Too bad RCS isn’t encrypted end-to-end by default, is only end-to-end encrypted if you are using Google’s client on both ends, and is never end-to-end encrypted in group chats.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I can't wait until these corps start playing nice with each other....texting between Apple and Android sucks. Get along for the sake of our user experience.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I can't wait until these corps start playing nice with each other....texting between Apple and Android sucks. Get along for the sake of our user experience.
I’m sure apple would be happy to support a standard that supports universal end-to-end encryption. They are never going to support a standard that is less private and secure than what they already have.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m on an ungoing group text with 2 of my cousins. One of them is on an Android phone and shared videos are often fucked up which sucks because it’s a major point of the group text.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Apple has its own messenger system, why should they have to cave to another standard?

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I’m on an ungoing group text with 2 of my cousins. One of them is on an Android phone and shared videos are often fucked up which sucks because it’s a major point of the group text.

Same. I have one group chat with 6 people and one uses android and it fucks up everything in that chat group.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
What do they want? MMS is limited in how much data it can contain. Of course videos taken by any modern phone are going to look like shit over MMS. Not sure how that's Apple's fault.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
What do they want? MMS is limited in how much data it can contain. Of course videos taken by any modern phone are going to look like shit over MMS. Not sure how that's Apple's fault.
They want apple to support RCS, which is sort of like iMessage but is not end-to-end encrypted (unless you are using Google’s own app on both ends of the communication and are not group-chatting, and have end-to-end encryption turned on)

Google is upset because they can’t add iMessage to android phones, iPhone users look down on green-bubbled android users, and it’s a form of lock-in for iphone users. Nobody wants to be a green bubble, lose their chat histories, etc.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Same. I have one group chat with 6 people and one uses android and it fucks up everything in that chat group.

Similar situation. We just got everyone to join Signal.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Google is upset because they can’t add iMessage to android phones, iPhone users look down on green-bubbled android users, and it’s a form of lock-in for iphone users. Nobody wants to be a green bubble, lose their chat histories, etc.

This. 100% this.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Nobody wants to be a green bubble [...]

It's a reverse Sneetches!

1660231515960.png

Top Bottom
1 2