TF Guy! You know what it means

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score

I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I've had drinks with many politicians and their staff on off-hours because sometimes you're stuck in the same place—there's only so many bars in Iowa, or the edges of Arizona—and sometimes you just want to talk about issues with someone deep in the weeds, and other times, you just simply want to hang out with the cute polling expert.

On the other hand, you've gotta' remember that access only matters in that it creates access to information that you then publish. And, granted you shouldn't blow up a drinking buddy's career over something you heard at closing time during an off-the-record chat, but you might want to start following leads if that buddy is into some shady shit.

I was talking to my son about ethics, and we talked about how I went on a junket with a Congressman to Mexico, and while there talked to folks with the State Dept. Afterwards, we went to get lunch at a notable place, and the head waiter delivered our bill to the man he knew, which was a member of State.

Which created a huge amount of consternation as several people tried to manage the ethics of who paid. I said simply, "I have pesos" and dropped a stack of bills and coins on the table, "you guys figure it out, but I'm paying my part of the bill regardless."

Now, any report who can be bought with food—though a good mole chicken might be a good start—probably isn't worth a damn, and I don't buy that it matters that much compared to professional duty. But, on the other hand, I want to pay for myself, and I don't want to appear on someone's expense report, either.

So, if access means you can't do your job, the bigger issue is not whether you had a drink with Boehner, but whether you pick and choose what to write about based on who you like and who you don't.

Shorter version, if you can't write a sharp piece about a drinking buddy, you need to stop writing, or stop drinking.

U

User.45

Because these ass hats are trying to give me an aneurysm this morning...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1308729966461431808/

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1308750488796631041/

I am still wrapping my head around the idea that people want this administration, and bitch about gov't from the same mouth.
But you have to admit keeping "government doesn't work" your primary agenda then make the government fail is a strategy that guarantees success even if it fails.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
But you have to admit keeping "government doesn't work" your primary agenda then make the government fail is a strategy that guarantees success even if it fails.
At the cost of the pinheads who buy this nonsense, while the rich get richer saying the pinheads gov't doesn't work.
048058f0e53d913c213e08c70cbbac82.jpg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
T F GUY AND ALL HIS OTHER F LACKEY GUYS.

Per Louis DeJoy the big Trump donor and new US Postmaster General,,,, the mail sorting machinery taken out of service in selected postal facilities were allegedly stripped "for parts and repair" of other similar machines, so cannot be put back in service where they were taken from.... despite any orders to stop f'g around with mail service ahead of the elections. DeJoy's assertions came as the government tried to get a service disruption rollback order modified. The judge was not impressed.

Excerpt:

In his ruling, the judge blasted the USPS changes, saying it was “easy to conclude” that DeJoy’s effort was intended to disrupt and challenge the legitimacy of the Nov. 3 election. The judge noted that 72% of the decommissioned high speed mail-sorting machines were located in counties where Hillary Clinton got the most votes in 2016.​

Oh I get it....

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I just want to hug him and say there there. Then whisper it in his ear that yes, we hate your guts.

I can't even believe Graham is saying half of what he's saying there. It comes off exactly as you sketched out.

Help I am trapped in a money vacuum and more than half my usual grasp on so much winning in days gone by is now giving money to the other guy....
and now even the RNC is shrugging Graham off and saying look man don't imagine you're the only guy whose house McConnell and Trump just burned down, we got seats on fire now we thought didn't even need national funding in 2020, so quit whining and go dial for some upscale downhome dollars, we're outta dough to hand around even when we quit buying Trump ads.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's also fun to imagine the crowd yelling "Fuck this guy", instead of him "vote him out", but "vote him out" is much more classier.

I still think this was not the appropriate time or place for that kind of behavior. Not that I disagree with the sentiment.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I still think this was not the appropriate time or place for that kind of behavior. Not that I disagree with the sentiment.
Intellectually I may agree with you, but this individual's sheer naked opportunism for purely selfish reasons based on THAT beautiful woman's death, does NOT rate an intellectual response. It may not be appropriate, but if one engenders such an emotional response at THAT time, it's probably because they DESERVED it.

Top Bottom
1 2