TF Guy! You know what it means

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
How the FUCK did I miss this? 🤬

Congress passed the latest coronavirus stimulus package worth $900 billion on Monday night, but a key provision was left out of the bill - paid sick leave for people who test positive for COVID-19.

The CARES Act, which was approved in March, required employers to provide up to 14 days of paid leave to workers infected with the virus, to those caring for a relative with the virus, and to people who had to look after their children due to school and day care closures.

House Democrats led by Speaker Nancy Pelosi pushed for an extension of the federal aid, which is set to expire on December 31. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell managed to block their bid during negotiations, according to BuzzFeed News. That means roughly 87 million workers will lose access to the protections in just 10 days.

Paid leave has long been a sticking point in stimulus talks. The House passed two bills in May and October that would have expanded the paid leave mandate, but the legislation never made it to the Senate floor. In late July, McConnell introduced a relief package backed by Senate Republicans that left out the paid leave benefits. The bill never passed.
👀

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
How the FUCK did I miss this? 🤬

👀
They are making an eighth circle of hell right now. All these schmucks who claim to support babby Jesus in order to pander for the religious votes seem not to remember anything he taught:

From Matthew 25:
34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38When saw we thee a stranger, and took theein? or naked, and clothed thee? 39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. 46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
To help you practice one of your first spit takes of the year...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1345218344396455938/

giphy.gif

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
A bit late for a come-to-Jesus moment now...

This is what comes of politicians forgetting about a duty to lead and educate constituents while they are in office.

All a lot of them seem to think about now is "Are the high dollar donors still happy?" and "What are the media saying about me that I need to get out there and fix?" and "How can I say this without offending the [pick one] lobby?"

The Democrats are almost as bad about this as the Republicans even if the Ds do listen to constituents who didn't vote for them.

References to principles and displays of political courage only seem to get made after leaving office, before throwing hat in the ring again, or else at the point of announcing a retirement because they're about to get primaried.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Seems like a good place to drop this ... assuming the G isn't gender specific :D

Good, bring it, get arrested, go to jail ... NEXT.

U

User.45

Seems like a good place to drop this ... assuming the G isn't gender specific :D

Good, bring it, get arrested, go to jail ... NEXT.
Interesting stuff:
"In 2010, Boebert's neighbors called police because they believed her pit bulls were threatening their dogs. Boebert received a ticket for dog code violations.[60] In 2015, she was cited for misdemeanor disorderly conduct at a music festival for telling officers that their arrest of a couple of underage drinkers was unconstitutionalbecause the teenagers had not received Miranda warnings.[61] As she was being handcuffed, according to deputies’ reports, Boebert tried to twist away from police, saying that "she had friends at Fox News" and that the arrest would be "national news”.[61] She twice failed to appear in court on the charge.[61] The petty offense was dismissed because the Mesa County district attorney's office believed a jury would not convict her.[61] In 2016, Boebert was cited for operating an unsafe vehicle, to which she pleaded guilty.[62][60]"

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Interesting stuff:
"In 2010, Boebert's neighbors called police because they believed her pit bulls were threatening their dogs. Boebert received a ticket for dog code violations.[60] In 2015, she was cited for misdemeanor disorderly conduct at a music festival for telling officers that their arrest of a couple of underage drinkers was unconstitutionalbecause the teenagers had not received Mirandawarnings.[61] As she was being handcuffed, according to deputies’ reports, Boebert tried to twist away from police, saying that "she had friends at Fox News" and that the arrest would be "national news”.[61] She twice failed to appear in court on the charge.[61] The petty offense was dismissed because the Mesa County district attorney's office believed a jury would not convict her.[61] In 2016, Boebert was cited for operating an unsafe vehicle, to which she pleaded guilty.[62][60]"

Yeah, she's a fine upstanding citizen, saw this in a tweet too:

Lauren Boebert has been arrested four times and is under investigation for “unlawfully providing a handgun to a juvenile” who worked at her Colorado restaurant. She was with her husband when he was arrested for exposing his penis to a minor. Not exactly a law-abiding gun owner.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1345923950048641025/

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1346201046037753865/

U

User.45

Lauren Boebert has been arrested four times and is under investigation for “unlawfully providing a handgun to a juvenile” who worked at her Colorado restaurant. She was with her husband when he was arrested for exposing his penis to a minor. Not exactly a law-abiding gun owner.
This is so confusing, I don't know anymore whether to interpret the word gun literally or figuratively:D

Top Bottom
1 2