TF Guy! You know what it means

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
That's the only thing on the list that I may miss. Haven't had any in ages.

Kellogg's keeps repeating mantra-like "But we gave them hefty wage increases in the proposal!" They failed to inform that the contract proposal keeps in place a two-tier system where newer workers are shafted: lower wages, less benefits (if they're even available to the lower tier) and no pathway to permanent status till they've worked at least four years, the very definition of perma-temps. And it paves the way for older, veteran workers to be pushed out with mandatory overtime and onerous shift changes at the company's whim.

An update... it's not going great for Kellogg lately, it would appear. Scabs have "wreaked havoc" on the factory per some workers, most cereals are not actually being produced at the moment, yesterday a delivery train went off the tracks, and today ain't been lookin' any better.

Cornflake Blues.jpg

lizkat

Reaction score
Rand Paul has said that it's not that he thinks disaster aid shouldn't be disbursed when needed, it's just that he thinks it should be paid for and not "borrowed"

He consistently votes against federal appropriations, even annoying fellow Repubolicans sometimes in the process (after they've agreed on some Senate bill to match one passed in the House, for instance), but he doesn't seem to want to talk about the unfunded nature of the tax cut from Trump's time in office.

It's the Dems who end up having to vote in the debt ceiling hikes that cover GOP unfunded appropriations plus any crumbs of social spending that the Ds manage to get passed if they have the votes.

I have no use for Paul's hypocrisy and just wish Kentuckians would unravel the inconsistency of expecting federal disbursements while still re-electing Rand Paul specifically for his anti-government-spending stance.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Wait, BBC put Alan Dershowitz on TV... to talk about the Ghislaine Maxwell trial?!?!? WTF? TF Guy should never be put on TV by any network, much less to discuss this case. And of course he used the opportunity to defame his accuser, Virginia Giuffre.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1476327388434911234/

(paywall removed)

The whole thing makes me wonder - why didn’t Maxwell take a guilty plea and expose people like Dershowitz and the others who may have abused children with their friend Epstein? Considering a British Royal was involved, perhaps her life was under threat?

Multiple desks need to be cleaned out at the BBC for this one.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The whole thing makes me wonder - why didn’t Maxwell take a guilty plea and expose people like Dershowitz and the others who may have abused children with their friend Epstein? Considering a British Royal was involved, perhaps her life was under threat?

The prison guards were probably fiddling with the camera wiring as a reminder.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Dr. Fauci calls out Senator Paul for fundraising off of pandemic misinformation, and personal attacks that have led to threats (and attempts) on his life.

After Paul confronted him at the hearing, Fauci demanded to speak uninterrupted. He called Paul’s attacks a distortion of reality. He cited the arrest of a California man in Iowa last month who police said was traveling to Washington with an AR-15 and multiple magazines of ammunition and had a “hit list” that included Fauci and several others, mostly Democratic politicians and officials.
“What happens when he gets out and accuses me of things that are completely untrue?” Fauci said of Paul. “All of a sudden that kindles the crazies out there, and I have life — threats upon my life, harassment of my family and my children with obscene phone calls because people are lying about me.
“Now, you know, I guess you could say: ‘Well, that’s the way it goes. I can take the hit.’ Well, it makes a difference because as some of you may know, just about three or four weeks ago, on December 21st, a person was arrested who was on their way from Sacramento to Washington, D.C., at a speed stop in Iowa. And they asked, the police asked him where he was going, and he was going to Washington, D.C., to kill Dr. Fauci.”
A police report confirms the arrest of Kuachua Brillion Xiong, 25, on Dec. 21 in Iowa, with an AR-15 and multiple magazines of ammunition.
Fauci said that in trying to understand why Paul is coming after him, he has gone to the senator’s website, which says "'Fire Dr. Fauci,' with a little box that says contribute here. You can do five dollars. Ten dollars. Twenty dollars, a hundred dollars.
“So you are making a catastrophic epidemic for your political gain,” Fauci said.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Dotard couldn't stand the heat by being asked actual questions and challenged on his lies, so he cut the interview short...

I don't know how people take (or ever took) this fat windbag seriously. Excuse after excuse. Someone seriously needs to press Ted Cruz on his 2016 Iowa caucus win, because Trump made the exact same claims about losing that race as he has here. Start pressing anyone who was on the ballot with Trump in 2020 if they should have their wins re-examined. I'm so sick of hearing these lies repeated over and over with absolutely zero substance. Biden's crowd size at rallies - which were intentionally small because of a freaking pandemic - have no bearing on votes. Who's to say all Biden voters are pro-Biden? Maybe they were anti-Trump? It's irrelevant anyways. Yet Trump brought that up too, and a dozen other made-up works of fiction to support his lie.

lizkat

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about anyone even interviewing Trump any more. On substance of his remarks, his monumental pile of lies throughout his presidency and his uncalled for attacks on assorted people who happened to disappoint "His Infantile Majesty" --including those in his own party -- made it pretty clear he was an unreliable narrator of anything at all.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Dotard couldn't stand the heat by being asked actual questions and challenged on his lies, so he cut the interview short...

I don't know how people take (or ever took) this fat windbag seriously. Excuse after excuse. Someone seriously needs to press Ted Cruz on his 2016 Iowa caucus win, because Trump made the exact same claims about losing that race as he has here. Start pressing anyone who was on the ballot with Trump in 2020 if they should have their wins re-examined. I'm so sick of hearing these lies repeated over and over with absolutely zero substance. Biden's crowd size at rallies - which were intentionally small because of a freaking pandemic - have no bearing on votes. Who's to say all Biden voters are pro-Biden? Maybe they were anti-Trump? It's irrelevant anyways. Yet Trump brought that up too, and a dozen other made-up works of fiction to support his lie.

White supremacy is why they voted for him. They will do anything to keep it.

lizkat

Reaction score
Why was anyone even interested in interviewing that orange clown in the first place? He is best ignored all the way around.

I suppose NPR like any other newsgathering organization would have found it hard to turn down a celebrity "get".

However, I should think at this point that even the RNC and congressional GOP leaders would rather Trump not get a megaphone for his delusions. Many if not most GOP congressional contestants will have made their peace with a perceived need to tap-dance around the former president at this point, but a lot of them still operate from purple districts and would prefer to keep their 2022 campaigns focused on the current practical needs of their state or district.

Having Trump out there right now on national media and still carrying on about how 2020 was stolen from him is doubtless viewed by the Republican Party as counterproductive to their goals and tactics. Which may in some small part at least be why NPR decided to go ahead and do the interview, who the heck knows. But, on the downside of deciding not to interview Trump at this point, there would have been the inevitable calls of bias and censorship if Trump made it known he had decided to make himself available for an "interview" and was "turned down". There was some grumbling along that line anyway, even though it was Trump who terminated the conversation because he couldn't control its focus.

I don't envy mainstream media having to deal with questions like this while there still ARE questions. One day though the next generations in the USA may look back and wonder what on earth made that guy's party, the country's media outlets and so many US citizens continue for so long to tolerate the malignant antics of such a narcissist (and some of the malevolent followers now pressing for their own time in the spotlight).

U

User.45

Trump's gross incompetence was a horrid thing when he was in power, but from somewhat of a reassurance when he's out of power.
For presidential elections, Republican voter suppression has to be more effective than the estimated net 200,000 GOP voters lost to COVID.

My real concern is the revisionist DeSantis, who is trying to create his own narrative on COVID:
"When COVID was first coming, you know, we were actually engaged in it," DeSantis said. "I was telling Trump, ‘Stop the flights from China' because we didn't know what we were dealing with. But you know, I never thought in February, early March, that it would lead to locking down the country. I just didn’t. I didn't think that was on the radar."
"I had Pence and the CDC director down at Port Everglades talking about cruise ships, the second week of March, and no one was talking about shutting down the country," the governor told the hosts. He also said if he had known the massive lockdown "was a threat earlier," he would "have been much louder" in his opposition to lockdown measures.

DeSantis also took aim at Dr. Anthony Fauci, accusing Fauci of relying on data from China that was not "trustworthy" as federal lockdown orders took the country by storm.

"People like Fauci panicked," DeSantis said as he expressed frustration with the lockdown measures. "They were following the data out of China, which is not trustworthy."

I checked FoxNew because I wanted to see the "conservative" spin on this. Well, just as bad as CNN's.
1. This guy went so submissive with Trump, I felt secondary embarrassment for him.
2. The lockdown saved Florida from an even more disastrous outcome, setting up DeSantis to ride the "Florida: mediocre in COVID deaths" narrative as a sign of his competence.
3. The data that came from China was very well reproduced in Italy and the UK. The 10-15% COVID mortality rates occur due to missing asymptomatic cases and overwhelmed hospitals producing horrible outcomes.

I consider DeSantis smart, so he knows all of the above, just lies about it, to garner support from the Trump base so he can take them from Trump in the 2024 primaries.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
It's been a minute since I was in this thread, but I'm back with head "TFG".

Who reminds you tastelessly he's "TFG"

Former President Donald Trump is set to hold a rally in Arizona on Jan. 15, the same day that the family of Martin Luther King Jr. will arrive in Phoenix for its own rally.

Jan. 15 marks what would have been the 93rd birthday of the slain civil rights leader. The family of Martin Luther King Jr. plans to launch a nationwide campaign that day to press Congress to pass legislation to enhance and protect voting rights.

And to think I would probably trigger people if I started chanting "Let's go CHEATO!!"

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It's been a minute since I was in this thread, but I'm back with head "TFG".

Who reminds you tastelessly he's "TFG"

And to think I would probably trigger people if started going "Let's go CHEATO!!"

We need to amend the acronym to: FTFG ...

Top Bottom
1 2