Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
@ericgtr12 BTW dude, I've got placeholders vs. icons for most of the functions, assuming those are Font-Awesome type glyphs, looks like maybe a missing library (or funked-up permissions).

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
@ericgtr12 BTW dude, I've got placeholders vs. icons for most of the functions, assuming those are Font-Awesome type glyphs, looks like maybe a missing library (or funked-up permissions).
Still happening? I can't see it on my side, also what style are you using?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Why does the girl continue hollering at him after he’s pulled a gun? You got him on video - go to the police. Do. Not. Escalate.

I expect that she was genuinely shocked; after all, his reaction was extraordinarily disproportionate - you respond to someone who throws water at you, with a drawn firearm?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Trump World is Crookville. Why were these paid? And if it was discovered later, why was a bill not sent out from the Federal govt with the force of the IRS behind it? Unless it’s the same people running Trump’s audit for as long as he’s President? 👀

If after the Democrats win, and they say oh well, for National unity, let’s move on, I’ll call BS on them.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
A two part TF Guy, because "victim blaming" earns you extra TFGuy points

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1320709001546530816/

So basically if you don't want to get shot or choked death, or a victim of systemic racism, YOU just need to try harder.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1320737219636826112/

In a system that can be inherently racist, that some intentionally resist the efforts to NOT make inherently racist or sexist any longer. 🤨🤬
You know policies that THIS administration went out there way to remove penalties for discriminatory practices. EAT a bag of

Oooooh please SDNY take a very long look at this entitled jack hole. 👏 🙏

U

User.45

A two part TF Guy, because "victim blaming" earns you extra TFGuy points

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1320709001546530816/

So basically if you don't want to get shot or choked death, or a victim of systemic racism, YOU just need to try harder.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1320737219636826112/

In a system that can be inherently racist, that some intentionally resist the efforts to NOT make inherently racist or sexist any longer. 🤨🤬
You know policies that THIS administration went out there way to remove penalties for discriminatory practices. EAT a bag of

Oooooh please SDNY take a very long look at this entitled jack hole. 👏 🙏
Kushner is the patron saint of economic privilege in education so I exactly care for and value his opinion about equal opportunity and equity as much as he made it to Harvard without multimillion dollar family donations.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Kushner is the patron saint of economic privilege in education so I exactly care for and value his opinion about equal opportunity and equity as much as he made it to Harvard without multimillion dollar family donations.
Even worse, if they’re using Kushner as the example, I can’t even blame people for anti-Semitism.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
One last multiple F' ing guyS...

When Tiffany Qiu heard how much her surgery was going to cost her, she was sure the hospital's financial department had made a mistake. Qiu already knew from a breast cancer scare earlier that year that her plan required a 30% coinsurance payment on operations, so she pressed the person on the phone several times to make sure she had heard correctly: Her coinsurance payment would be only 20% if she had the procedure at Palomar Medical Center in Poway, Calif., about 38 miles south of where Qiu lives.

"I was kind of in doubt, so I called them a second time," said Qiu. "They gave me the exact same amount."

Qiu had been diagnosed with uterine polyps, a benign condition that was making her periods heavier and more unpredictable. Her OB-GYN proposed removing them but said it was safe to wait. Qiu said that she asked about the possibility of doing it in the doctor's office under local anesthesia to make the procedure cheaper, but that her doctor rebuffed her suggestion.

Because Qiu thought she was getting a deal on her usual 30% share of the bill, she decided to go ahead with the polyp removal on Nov. 5, 2019. As she sat in the waiting room filling out forms, staffers let her know she needed to pay in full before the surgery.

Unease set in. The hospital asked for the 20% coinsurance — $1,656.10 — that she had been quoted over the phone, but Qiu hadn't been told she needed to pay on the day of the procedure. As she handed over her credit card, she confirmed one more time that this would be her total patient responsibility, barring complications.

The surgery was over in less than 30 minutes, and she walked out of the hospital with her husband feeling perfectly fine.

Then the bill came.
Patient: Tiffany Qiu is a 49-year-old real estate agent and mother of two who lives in Temecula, Calif. Her family of four is covered by a Blue Shield of California policy that she and her husband purchased on the marketplace. Last year, they paid a $1,455 monthly premium, with an individual annual $1,850 deductible and an individual out-of-pocket maximum of $7,550.

Total bill: Palomar Health billed Blue Shield $22,219.64 for the polyp removal, which the insurer negotiated down to $8,576.79. Blue Shield paid $5,769.72 and stated in an explanation of benefits document that Qiu was responsible for a $334.32 deductible and $2,472.75 coinsurance.

Because Qiu had already paid $1,873.20 on the day of surgery, the hospital billed her an additional $933.87, which meant Qiu was on the hook for the remainder of her 30% coinsurance.

These figures don't include the fees Qiu paid for anesthesia or her doctor's services.
Another thing to note is how much the hospital billed Qiu for a simple outpatient procedure: $22,219.64. That amount is "totally laughable," said Dr. Merrit Quarum, founder of WellRithms, a company that works with self-funded employers and other clients to make sense of complex medical claims.

Not only is the charge far out of line with what that procedure typically costs in that region (about $5,500), but Qiu is now stuck paying a larger amount as her share under the terms of her insurance. This is how those "sticker prices" that few people pay still drive up costs for individuals.

Top Bottom
1 2