TF Guy! You know what it means

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Well McConnell is probably set to call his recently defeated opponent Amy McGrath "that f'g chick" or something like that. Undaunted by having lost the Senate race in Kentucky, she promptly launched a super PAC asking her supporters to help out Georgia Democrats in the two Senate run-offs there in January. If you can't defeat the majority leader directly, well... help stack the deck against him further south!

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I - I - I don't know where to start with the "Those Fucking guys", but remind me why there's no money for people again...

After waging a nefarious and ultimately successful campaign to avoid paying gig workers in California a living wage at all costs, Uber Technologies Inc and Lyft Inc have been rewarded with an $810 million government contract.
Under the five-year agreement, issued by the General Services Administration on Monday, the ride-hailing companies will be tasked with providing transportation for up to 4 million federal employees and their families.
REALLY?! The timing!
Veronica Juarez, Lyft’s vice president of social enterprise and government, told Reuters that the deal was the culmination of a nearly four year-long negotiation process. While she declined to say how much the company expected to rake in as a result of the contract, Juarez noted that U.S. government spending on ground transportation tops out at around $200 million each year.

Any deals with oil companies that have been worked on for the last few years need to be suddenly finished as well?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
What is the actual friggin' logic? Especially for scrapping the two planes used, and preventing new planes to be made for replacement.
He’s got to help Putin as much as possible before his time is up. Decommissioning the planes is inadequate. Just like the sorting machines in the post offices - they have to be disassembled.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Meanwhile some under-radar business goes on as usual, e.g. tacking stuff into defense budgets in the runup to negotiations between House and Senate. Latest casual add-on is a $500M hit by this f'g guy Senator Richard Shelby (R-AL) to build some additional amphibious assault ships that the US Navy did not ask for, and that are not even in the list of stuff they would like to have if funding were available. This class of ships is actually built next door in Mississippi, but most of the shipyard workers "happen" to hail from Alabama. But just in case citizens of Alabama proper feel slighted by Shelby's attention to business of a neighboring state, Shelby also tacked in $260M for building more troop transport ships that are assembled in Mobile.

So all in all, Shelby tacks in three quarters of a cool billion to the Pentagon... but not quite where they might have preferred to spend our tax dollars (or the tax dollars of our future great great great grandchildren) or maybe just some of the Social Security income of our kids.

Shelby's motto must be "whatever floats our boats".

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
45 trying to take a bow for the stock market
White House reporters were left befuddled by President Donald Trump's brief statement about the stock market Tuesday afternoon, with one remarking afterward it was "weird as s--t."

Trump spoke in the White House briefing room for a little over a minute to tout the Dow Jones Industrial Average passing 30,000 for the first time, calling it a "sacred number" and congratulating the American people for the milestone. He then departed to shouted questions from assembled reporters.

A hot mic on CSPAN caught reporters sharing their surprised reactions after Trump left, with one saying, "that was weird as s**t." Another appeared to say it was "one of the stranger" briefings he had attended.

Reality
EnnzDCoVQAI2dAI

EnnzDCoVkAELrvQ

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
More about Trump’s big Open Skies FU:

A senior U.S. official said the planes are being designated as “excess defense articles,” which means they can be given to foreign partners at reduced or no cost.
As part of the disposal, the old wet-film cameras on the aircraft are likely to be given to European allies. New digital cameras that the Pentagon had planned to install on the planes used for Open Skies flights will instead be transferred to other units in the Air Force.
The moves follow a July decision by then-Defense Secretary Mark Esper to cancel the program to buy newer planes to replace the OC-135Bs, eliminating the option of replacing the aircraft with more-modern variants as well.
Somewhere in Moscow, Trump’s boss is grinning from ear to ear.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Cops knew he was just filming them. Everything they said is a clear lie. But as we all know, they will suffer no consequences. I’m not sure if/how a Biden administration can fix this stuff other than sending in the FBI to investigate hundreds of police departments.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Cops knew he was just filming them. Everything they said is a clear lie. But as we all know, they will suffer no consequences. I’m not sure if/how a Biden administration can fix this stuff other than sending in the FBI to investigate hundreds of police departments.
I at least give the police credit this time. One of my biggest issues is the constant overuse of "resisting arrest" as the crime to arrest someone for. They at least made the effort in their shittiness to creatively apply an offense. I wonder how many people in that community are aware that filming police is also 'menacing', and mistakenly confused it with the actual given right to do so.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I at least give the police credit this time. One of my biggest issues is the constant overuse of "resisting arrest" as the crime to arrest someone for. They at least made the effort in their shittiness to creatively apply an offense. I wonder how many people in that community are aware that filming police is also 'menacing', and mistakenly confused it with the actual given right to do so.
He had to be at least 500 feet away from the situation. He must be a VERY menacing individual to menace somebody at that distance. He might have the new Guinness world record for long-distance menacing!

Top Bottom
1 2