That one guy, he needs to go to the cornfield

OP
Yoused

Yoused

up
Vaccinated
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I submit that we need some healing. Would you please create a section called "Dumped" devoted to sending all the threads devoted to Agent Orange to the cornfield? We can still create threads about him and participate or review the content, but please, get that Cheeto-faced Extraterrestrial-Ferret-Wearing ShitGibbon out of the way, so that we do not have to navigate around him anymore if we would rather not.

Scepticalscribe

Site Master
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I submit that we need some healing. Would you please create a section called "Dumped" devoted to sending all the threads devoted to Agent Orange to the cornfield? We can still create threads about him and participate or review the content, but please, get that Cheeto-faced Extraterrestrial-Ferret-Wearing ShitGibbon out of the way, so that we do not have to navigate around him anymore if we would rather not.

I think that the lingering aftermath and foul taste of that man and his ghastly administration will remain with us, for a while yet, as events play out, not least the second impeachment process in the Senate, and - almost certainly - further charges will be laid against him.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think that the lingering aftermath and foul taste of that man and his ghastly administration will remain with us, for a while yet, as events play out, not least the second impeachment process in the Senate, and - almost certainly - further charges will be laid against him.
Yea, the 2nd impeachment is going to be something.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just set my Flipboard settings to share less articles about Donald Trump. You don't have the option to completely block articles with certain keywords which I guess makes sense/covers their ass because I'm sure some will slip through the cracks from time to time just mentioning Trump but isn't the focus of the article. I'll use this site as a comparison to see if something important gets posted about Trump that I am completely unaware of. I'll let you know how it goes.

Oddly I can't seem to find a way to have it block sports news, something I don't care about at all. It doesn't blast me with sports news, but there's always a page dedicated to sports in the main feed and I can't make it go away. Kind of how I pay for sports coverage I don't watch on cable and there's no way to kill that either. I wasn't even aware of what I was paying for sports coverage until about 6 months ago they automatically reduced my monthly bill by about $20 when there were no sports being broadcast due to covid. Here's the kicker. I don't have a special sports package. That's just the sports coverage charge baked into any standard package. :mad: But I digress....

lizkat

Leftie in the Sticks
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
This reminds me of when I was checking my news feed this morning and the first couple pages were Trumpless and soon as I came to a Trump article I instantly got mad.

There are a lot of surprises awaiting Biden's agency chiefs and deputies once they settle in and have a look around, talk to some current and perhaps to some past career civil servants in their respective bailiwicks. I don't think we'll have heard the end of real news (not clickbait) about Trump for quite awhile yet, even leaving aside the matter of his trial in the Senate.

So even though it is already fun waking up and knowing I don't have to concern myself with whatever that guy tweeted overnight, I'm probably not going to rush to catch up with the news any more than I did when the Orange Thing was still pretending to run a government that actually had a zillion private agendas and from time to time some of it leaped out onto the front page.

I just set my Flipboard settings to share less articles about Donald Trump.

Do you like Flipboard? I finally went back to email briefings and to using main newspaper outlets' Twitter accounts as a kind of homebrew feed.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
There are a lot of surprises awaiting Biden's agency chiefs and deputies once they settle in and have a look around, talk to some current and perhaps to some past career civil servants in their respective bailiwicks. I don't think we'll have heard the end of real news (not clickbait) about Trump for quite awhile yet, even leaving aside the matter of his trial in the Senate.

So even though it is already fun waking up and knowing I don't have to concern myself with whatever that guy tweeted overnight, I'm probably not going to rush to catch up with the news any more than I did when the Orange Thing was still pretending to run a government that actually had a zillion private agendas and from time to time some of it leaped out onto the front page.

Do you like Flipboard? I finally went back to email briefings and to using main newspaper outlets' Twitter accounts as a kind of homebrew feed.

Generally I'm happy with Flipboard but you need to do some tweaking. I started blocking sources that have a paywall. When I had Apple News I did hav access to some of them but then determined they just wrote better clickbait titles with no real added substance. Also using the "less like" option like I did for Trump helps.

Beyond news there are also some general topics I follow like movies, but I couldn't care less about Bollywood. So I used less like to remove Bollywood from that feed. Also there are some specific interest "magazines" curated by other users I follow that basically save me the hassle of going to each site I would normally go to individually to get the same articles.

OP
Yoused

Yoused

up
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Cornfield seems like an apt reference, although his followers remind me more of Children of the Corn than The Twilight Zone.
It is a term we use on another board. A thread can get "cornfielded" (spam, or just too crazy/unmanageable) and we never see it again. They do not have anything like a Wasteland section where we can look at what has been done away with.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
It is a term we use on another board. A thread can get "cornfielded" (spam, or just too crazy/unmanageable) and we never see it again. They do not have anything like a Wasteland section where we can look at what has been done away with.

Yeah I get that. I'm just certain the term is a reference to The Twilight Zone, thus the joke.

OP
Yoused

Yoused

up
Vaccinated
Reaction score
So basically half the political and news posts, that would require more cleanup that the WH after Trump left it an infected cesspool. ;)
4FD29053-C9F9-4167-83ED-77629E80963F.jpeg

Top Bottom