The 2020-2021 NFL thread

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Watching a Saturday NFL game right now between Buffalo and Denver. I guess college teams are on a break until the bowl games, so the NFL steps in to get the Saturday sports fans. I hope the Bills win today, clinching their first division title in 25 years I think??? Surely seems just a short while ago that I was watching the Bills in the Super Bowl; time really flies.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Usually there's a courtesy agreement between the NFL and the NCAA so that when college games are over (for the time being), the NFL plays some Saturday games.

This year kind of threw all that out the window. I don't have NFL Network so I couldn't see those games, but I did get to see Ohio State-Northwestern, which looked very bad for OSU fans until the end.

I did notice there are several other college games today. As I said, everything's different this year.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Usually there's a courtesy agreement between the NFL and the NCAA so that when college games are over (for the time being), the NFL plays some Saturday games.

This year kind of threw all that out the window. I don't have NFL Network so I couldn't see those games, but I did get to see Ohio State-Northwestern, which looked very bad for OSU fans until the end.

I did notice there are several other college games today. As I said, everything's different this year.
And over the past couple decades, the colleges have increased the number of games they play in a season too. I remember when college football ended at Thanksgiving and then the bowl games were the week after Christmas, ending on New Year’s day.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Excuse me if I rub my hands together and chortle that the Pittsburgh Steelers lost again...and to the Bengals, no less.

Sorry about the Saints, though, @Alli. At least you’ve got that playoff slot locked up.

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Excuse me if I rub my hands together and chortle that the Pittsburgh Steelers lost again...and to the Bengals, no less.

Sorry about the Saints, though, @Alli. At least you’ve got that playoff slot locked up.
Steelers believed the hype. Even after consecutive losses, they still assumed they could easily beat the Bengals. Receivers acting like spoiled brats, and it appears Ben R. did something to annoy his entire team, because I didn’t see anybody talking to him on the sideline. His own center didn’t bother snapping him the ball correctly, and the Cincy cornerbacks showed more enthusiasm breaking on his throws than his own receivers. Can’t stand Tomlin or Ben R.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Maybe we’ll even have a healthy team back by then.
I find myself saying this about my Browns this week.

I know they didn’t play their finest game, but I don’t understand the NFL pulling the team’s entire regular receiving corps at the last minute instead of postponing the game. Regardless of Kevin Stefanski’s coachspeak denial, that was a big factor in their loss.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I find myself saying this about my Browns this week.

I know they didn’t play their finest game, but I don’t understand the NFL pulling the team’s entire regular receiving corps at the last minute instead of postponing the game. Regardless of Kevin Stefanski’s coachspeak denial, that was a big factor in their loss.
This entire season has been crazy. No spring training. No pre-season. I don’t know how any team has managed to not forfeit multiple games due to Covid.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Excuse me if I rub my hands together and chortle that the Pittsburgh Steelers lost again...

:D

1609278665997.png

...and to the Bengals, no less.

Is that worse than losing to the Jets? :ROFLMAO:

1609278733050.png

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I’m not gonna make excuses for their bad play, but really, not having a receiving corps for Mayfield was a gift to the Jets. That game felt like being in a boxing match with one arm tied behind your back.

The Steelers are resting Roethlisberger this weekend. I don’t know whether that helps or hurts the Browns’ hopes.

Mason Rudolph is starting, which means right now Kevin Stefanski is probably designing a helmet for Myles Garrett that needs a ten digit password to remove.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I am so excited about the Bills this year... games that they would have lost in prior years, they won. The defense had trouble in the first half of the season, but they have returned with a vengeance, and Josh Allen has to win the “most improved” award of all time compared to his first 2 seasons. Go Bills!

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I’ve always had a soft spot for the Bills. Being in four Super Bowls and losing all of them...that was brutal.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Watching the Packers vs Titans on Sunday Night Football. They are playing in the snow which takes me back to my time as a kid when we’d play football in the snow without a second thought. Fun times...

1 the Packers's best games are always best when the camera lens has trouble focusing due to reflecting off of snow flurries

2 playing touch football in the street in a snow filled and snow-bank filled winter is better than playing touch football in summer in the street, since, as we know, touch football played on summer streets has a way of resolving to tackle football in the street.

Top Bottom
1 2