The 2020-2021 NFL thread

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
That’s not a stadium, that’s a shrine to the football gods. 😄

I’m still trying to figure out if it looks more like a flying saucer, Apple’s new HQ, or a giant-sized Roomba.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That’s not a stadium, that’s a shrine to the football gods. 😄

I’m still trying to figure out if it looks more like a flying saucer, Apple’s new HQ, or a giant-sized Roomba.
Definitely a shrine. Only Ohioans can understand.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
LOL. Nothing like having the Dock show up in your live postgame press conference. 👍🏼

D9A6DD96-6094-4188-9611-1540BF166C77.jpeg

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
How it started.

How it ended.

"Broncos team with no QBs scored the same number of points against the Saints as a team with Tom Brady, Leonard Fournette, LeSean McCoy, Ronald Jones, Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Rob Gronkowski and Cameron Brate."

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
You gotta feel for the guy (Kendall Hinton). 1-for-9 for 13 yards, two interceptions and a stellar 0.0 quarterback rating, all while spending three hours being pursued by Saints pass rushers. Talk about taking one for the team.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
You gotta feel for the guy (Kendall Hinton). 1-for-9 for 13 yards, two interceptions and a stellar 0.0 quarterback rating, all while spending three hours being pursued by Saints pass rushers. Talk about taking one for the team.
The issue is did he REALLY have to take one for the team, or did the team throw him out there?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
My understanding is that they did have a RB who could also serve as emergency quarterback. Who knows what the internal discussions looked like? Maybe they placed ‘em side by side and said, “Okay, who’s gonna be quarterback” and each guy pointed at the other. :LOL:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
They could have forced Baltimore to play on Thanksgiving without any of their starters too. The NFL clearly favors some teams over others. And they’re delaying the Baltimore game yet another day until Wednesday. Bend over backwards for Baltimore and Tennessee, and stick it to Denver? Nice.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I felt so bad for him that despite being a long-time Saints fan, I was rooting for the Broncos.
The issue is did he REALLY have to take one for the team, or did the team throw him out there?
Good question.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Yesterday’s Ravens-Steelers game...

After all that moving around, I think there were probably forty live fans in the stadium to watch the expected result (Steelers win). And now RG3 is injured to boot.

Well, at least the game did inspire some internet humor.

C2A83367-2BAD-4262-A9D4-D7633BFFA9E4.jpeg

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Buffalo Bills with a fantastic win on Monday night, exorcising the demons of the hail mary that burned them in the same stadium a few weeks ago!

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I missed the ending of the Bills game due to bedtime in the eastern time zone (though that rule won’t apply next week when the Browns welcome the Ratbirds), but I was confident they would win.

Of course I thought the same thing about the Steelers, so my wife and I were elated to see them lose and be denied, for now, the division-clinching win. I don’t seriously expect we’ll overtake them, but stranger things have happened. There are only five teams in the NFL with records equal to or greater than the Browns.

Kevin Stefanski seriously can’t buy a drink in Cleveland right now.

Oh...and then there was this from my man Steve Kornacki.

F7E5AA1A-E365-44D3-902A-CF81142AB9EB.jpeg

Top Bottom
1 2