The 2020-2021 NFL thread

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Even back at The Other Place, I’ve always wanted to say...I don’t know who does the graphic opening for NBC’s Sunday Night Football (“Waiting All Day For Sunday Night”), but...that person isn’t paid enough.

The green screen in that intro, putting Carrie Underwood in a variety of CG backdrops, is just flat out amazing. Put that together with Underwood’s song and you end up watching the show just as much for that as the game.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
When you record a game on Youtube TV it has a highlights section that shows all the key plays and scores in a period of a few minutes, it's an excellent way to just catch the highlights if you're not up to watching the entire game.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
When you record a game on Youtube TV it has a highlights section that shows all the key plays and scores in a period of a few minutes, it's an excellent way to just catch the highlights if you're not up to watching the entire game.

I would never record a game.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Blake Bortles hired today. Colin Kaepernick still has no team. The NFL is flat-out lying that they care about racism. They are still blacklisting Kaepernick. Players should boycott.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Blake Bortles hired today. Colin Kaepernick still has no team. The NFL is flat-out lying that they care about racism. They are still blacklisting Kaepernick. Players should boycott.
No surprise here, they'll try to safe face but the reality is that no team will ever take him. IMO he made that sacrifice for the greater good.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
No surprise here, they'll try to safe face but the reality is that no team will ever take him. IMO he made that sacrifice for the greater good.

When those KC fans booed their super bowl winning team because they dared to stand against racism... it really highlighted how many racist jerks there still are in America.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Teams obviously still want nothing to do with him because he brought all this controversy to the game. (The fact that it shouldn't have been controversial is what makes it so racist.)

Now he's got the reputation of being a champion boat rocker, and as we've all seen, boat rockers (many of which aren't even principled like Kaepernick but are simply head cases like Antonio Brown) don't last long in the NFL.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Oh, sure! They just get me used to Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, Tuesday Night Football...and now they tell me there isn’t any Wednesday Night Football on tonight. 😡

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
This season it's become obvious that Brady was carrying the Patriots along with their dominant D. Belichick had lots of talent for years. Not that the coach isn't good... But I think the dynasty is over.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
It’s surprising to watch it happen this fast, but yeah.

It’s also looking like Joe Burrow is going to be a very, very good quarterback. But it also looks like the Bengals still need a lot of work. We’re already hearing about Cincinnati players wanting out.

And Dallas...oy veh!!

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This season it's become obvious that Brady was carrying the Patriots along with their dominant D. Belichick had lots of talent for years. Not that the coach isn't good... But I think the dynasty is over.
Was Brady carrying them, or were they carrying him? Right now it seems as though TB is just recreating the Pats in FL.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Another weird thing about this year—as if we didn’t have enough—is that we’re approaching the half way point, and a bunch of teams have winning records, a bunch of teams stink...and there are not many teams in the middle.

There are only five teams that are 3-3, 3-4 or 4-3. Everyone else is either doing well/okay or slumming.

That’s aside from the fact that this year you can probably win the NFC East with a 7-9 record. 🙄

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
The game is not even at halftime but I am being treated to the bizarre spectacle of the beaten up 2-6 Cowboys dominating the unbeaten 7-0 Pittsburgh Steelers. 😯 Just as I wrote this the Cowboys added a touchdown to their field goal, and the hated Steelers are scoreless.

I’m guessing a large part of this is due to Garrett Gilbert playing backup quarterback. When he was with the Browns he actually exhibited a lot of skill. I’m sorry we traded him away to Dallas.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The game is not even at halftime but I am being treated to the bizarre spectacle of the beaten up 2-6 Cowboys dominating the unbeaten 7-0 Pittsburgh Steelers. 😯 Just as I wrote this the Cowboys added a touchdown to their field goal, and the hated Steelers are scoreless.

I’m guessing a large part of this is due to Garrett Gilbert playing backup quarterback. When he was with the Browns he actually exhibited a lot of skill. I’m sorry we traded him away to Dallas.
Looks like the undefeated team overlooked a humble opponent.

I am very very happy today because the Bills beat the mighty Seahawks!

Top Bottom
1 2