• Donald Trump

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
My favorite now is Fox’s John Roberts, who chewed Trump supporters a new one live on air.

Hm, I don't know if that is a deflection so as much as an unnecessarily long explanation of "yes" while refusing to say yes. Seems like she was maybe (and possibly rightfully so) predicting a followup question that would force her into a corner if she just answered yes.

And just to play devil's advocate, most people's jaw probably dropped when Trump claimed to not know who the Proud Boys are or what they are connected to, but you possibly can't blame him if he gets all his intel from Fox News who probably have never said anything about the Proud Boys other than "Trump supporting patriots who believe in law and order and this country's values". Quote paraphrased.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
In the spirit of don't judge a book by its cover...

This guy is great because it shows you can look like an average American, be intelligent and aware, not a racist Red Hat, nor a total jackass or a Trump Koolaid gulper. I had friends in West Virginia that looked like this guy, who seemed reasonable, down to Earth, had sense and appeared intelligent, but that was before the days I talked politics. 😷

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
This guy is great because it shows you can look like an average American, be intelligent and aware, not a racist Red Hat, nor a total jackass or a Trump Koolaid gulper. I had friends in West Virginia that looked like this guy, who seemed reasonable, down to Earth, had sense and appeared intelligent, but that was before the days I talked politics. 😷

Yeah, ya never know for sure, right? At least in a cash-based economy.

Could always tell the few potential swing voters or stealth Democrats in the boondocks at local pancake breakfast / spaghetti suppers, events that are fundraisers for the parties the villages throw at the firehalls for kids around times of holidays.

They'd be the ones saying 'yeah, whaddya gonna do, politicians...' during the small talk on line if someone accidentally brought up politics.

The rest of them usually say nothing at all about politics, and most of those wrap their time in town by climbing back up into a truck with a raft of 2A decals and flag-featured god-fearing anti-EPA bumpersticks

[ Respect the watershed: piss in a stream today ]​

"Aren't there any Democrats around here?" I asked one of the volunteer firefighters one afternoon. I was helping clear away the pots and pans after I'd moved up here permanently and made time to try to get fatter off those pancake breakfasts.

"Yeah," he said. "There's 17 of them that we know about for sure."

"Whaddya mean?"

"They mail a check into these firehall fundraiser things."

Top Bottom
1 2