Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Hmm well I don’t think we would be missing much to be honest.

It'd give us more to talk about, I guess.

Though I believe they're still scheduled. I looked up any potential cancellations on the internet, and couldn't find anything. I likely misheard the quote on TV.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I agree with others that say Biden shouldn't have any more debates. Trump is just going to act like a giant man-baby for 90 minutes and there's no stopping him, he will never show the decorum and patience needed to have a back and forth conversation in this manner. IMO it's pointless moving forward.

Renzatic

Reaction score
I agree with others that say Biden shouldn't have any more debates. Trump is just going to act like a giant man-baby for 90 minutes and there's no stopping him, he will never show the decorum and patience needed to have a back and forth conversation in this manner. IMO it's pointless moving forward.

By this point, the only reason we should have more debates is either for b-roll footage for campaign ads, or just to see if he can be baited into saying something so incredibly outre, no one can excuse it.

Hell, I'd pay good money to see him drop an n-bomb on live TV.

Renzatic

Reaction score
I was going to @ you, yeah, I only found it weird and disturbing didn't have a perspective (the RNS thing came from some rando tweeters ...)

Could be a bandage. Didn't he supposedly have a minor healthcare emergency here a few months back?

U

User.45

I was going to @ you, yeah, I only found it weird and disturbing didn't have a perspective (the RNS thing came from some rando tweeters ...)
I haven't dealt with RNS in a while, but those are placed usually after a craniotomy (surgery lifting up the skull bone) etc etc. So it would come with scars.
I couldn't find a similar bone conduction patchset, those are generally thick, but that's still the only thing that makes practical sense. Drug, or EKG patches go over hidden parts of the body.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
By this point, the only reason we should have more debates is either for b-roll footage for campaign ads, or just to see if he can be baited into saying something so incredibly outre, no one can excuse it.

Yeah but most of his base will excuse anything, they're his to the bitter end.

The media turn up someone now and then who's decided enough's finally too much and will say so on the record. But we all each know (or at least I do) some guy whose mind was made up in 2016, end of story.

That guy today is like a bull you're trying to get to walk up the plank to the truckbed to go win a blue ribbon at the fair. He doesn't want a ribbon. He has never seen a ribbon. He wants to show you what turf loyalty means, he weighs 1250 pounds and he's got all day to prove he ain't goin' nowhere.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Though I believe they're still scheduled. I looked up any potential cancellations on the internet, and couldn't find anything. I likely misheard the quote on TV.

I think it's just a lot of vocal proponents of cancelling them. Are we going to learn anything else? No. Does the debate organization have to jump through hoops to manage it? Yes.

I won't watch another one.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Yeah but most of his base will excuse anything, they're his to the bitter end.
It isn't about swaying his base. As you said, nothing he says or does could convince them to vote for anyone else. For them, the chaos and the cruelty is the whole point of the Trump administration. He's their attempt to punish moderate and liberal America.

No, it's about convincing any stragglers or possible second guessers who may yet remain, and to maybe have a record of his depravity when his supporters try to pass the blame when the shit truly hits the fan.

lizkat

Reaction score
It isn't about swaying his base. As you said, nothing he says or does could convince them to vote for anyone else. For them, the chaos and the cruelty is the whole point of the Trump administration. He's their attempt to punish moderate and liberal America.

No, it's about convincing any stragglers or possible second guessers who may yet remain, and to maybe have a record of his depravity when his supporters try to pass the blame when the shit truly hits the fan.

Yeah I can see some folks even among Republicans (albeit probably never-Trumpers) wanting to have a record of the 2020 debates to remind them not to go down that path again.

Otherwise regarding an actual undecided vote: it has to be someone who's still sort of oriented to policy, maybe weighing out whether they figure the Senate could flip, maybe someone who prefers divided government, lives in a swing state and would rather see the Senate than the White House go blue.

Who among the undecided who might still go for Trump could be going for Trump because he's Trump being Trump? Nah. Has to be policy: tax cuts, deregulation or figuring they'd just rather not have either domestic or foreign policy led by a Democrat in the White House.​

I've not lived in a swing state as an adult but that sort of stuff used to figure into my voting considerations once in awhile. I haven't liked the idea of a one-party government at any level, even when one could still think of the high court as "balanced". So it was about did I want a blue House / Senate or a blue WH? Today if I were still a possible ticket-splitter, it would only be about some downballot options and that's because of Trump, but anyway I'll never vote for another so-called Republican as long as I live... not while the party is this version of itself, and not after the way they've behaved over the past 20, 30 years.

lizkat

Reaction score

So would the Lincoln Project, no doubt.

They've already made some pretty cutting ads from videotape of Trump just being Trump.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Wallace does what a lot of people do, they want to "move on" and keep the debate moving through their preset questions in the time provided, and this just gives Trump an out.

When he said, "stand back and stand by" to Proud Boys, Wallace should have jammed the brakes and gone "wait, what the fuck does that mean?"

Ask the goddamned followup question. Keep him pinned there for a moment and ask him to lay out his thoughts. Biden would have been happy to see the big idiot get set on fire after that bullshit.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
But Mr. President, the police are supposed to be dealing with these hate groups.

All he had to do was say “I denounce white supremacists.” It should have been so easy.

But, the thing is, he cannot bring himself to say that, because he agrees with white supremacists; his loathing of Obama is visceral, deeply personal and intensely racist.
This is weird ... in/on trump's head (pic from the recent Town Hall meeting):

View attachment 592

People are suggesting that looks like an RNS (Responsive Neurostimulation) device, used for treating epilepsy[?]

Rather than Darth Vadar, poor Captain Picard Picard when he fell into the hands of the Borg is what crossed my mind.

Oh, and an example of one of Seddy's "impartial and objective posts" I encountered in a thread (the lengthy one, started by the currently exiled Hieveryone), "Fascinating that people claim Trump is racist but ignore some of Biden’s racism."

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2