Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
First post-debate polls show Trump didn’t do himself any favors.

604FE7B7-293C-4472-8A90-6AECD98EBD48.jpeg
83D18992-20AF-402B-8192-00BED1B2FDA5.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
What effect will this debate have - if any - on Mr Trump's support among white women?

That is the sole female demographic he captured in 2016 (although we know that college educated white women narrowly supported HRC at the time).

In 2018, it has been argued that considerable numbers of white suburban women switched to the Democrats (whereas women of colour have long strongly supported th Democrats - with very good reason) in 2018, hence the fact that the were able to capture the House, and it is also known that many women are pretty repelled by Mr Trump's debating style, his attitudes, and ideas.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Good luck with cutting the mic, he's just going bull right over it and scream anyway. This man is simply not capable of rational debate.

Washington — The commission that oversees the general election presidential debates said Wednesday it will be making changes to the format of the remaining two debates. One key change it plans to implement: Cutting off the microphones of President Trump and Joe Biden if they break the rules, according to a source familiar with the commission's deliberations. The plans have not been finalized and the commission is still considering how it would carry out the plan.

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score
But Mr. President, the police are supposed to be dealing with these hate groups.

All he had to do was say “I denounce white supremacists.” It should have been so easy.

He couldn’t say it though. For once he was being honest. There’s no way he could say it. He figuratively made Obama show his teeth like he was on slave auction block.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Good luck with cutting the mic, he's just going bull right over it and scream anyway. This man is simply not capable of rational debate.

He’d yell, the moderator, Biden and some of the crowd would hear it, but not the TV audience, but he’d look like more of a shit if that is possible.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
He’d yell, the moderator, Biden and some of the crowd would hear it, but not the TV audience, but he’d look like more of a shit if that is possible.
I'm wondering how that will work in a town hall setting though because it's designed to let everyone talk. Logistically speaking it could be a challenge.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

I was thinking he'd just leave his podium and head over towards that of his opponent so his voice would be sure to be picked up there. They'd have to tack in another rule...

"Invasion of personal space of a debater results in forfeit of the debate."​

I keep remembering Clinton being stalked by Trump on the debate stage.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I was thinking he'd just leave his podium and head over towards that of his opponent so his voice would be sure to be picked up there. They'd have to tack in another rule...

"Invasion of personal space of a debater results in forfeit of the debate."​

I keep remembering Clinton being stalked by Trump on the debate stage.
It reminds me of (what's his name) that we had to ban a while back. He would not stop posting an areas we had asked him not to, he would not stop posting content we asked him not to, I eventually setup enhanced rules that are not part of this board to limit those capabilities. Eventually, the only way was to ban him from the site.

In the end you have to address the root of the problem, Trump will be Trump and there's nothing they can do about it.

lizkat

Reaction score
It reminds me of (what's his name) that we had to ban a while back. He would not stop posting an areas we had asked him not to, he would not stop posting content we asked him not to, I eventually setup enhanced rules that are not part of this board to limit those capabilities. Eventually, the only way was to ban him from the site.

In the end you have to address the root of the problem, Trump will be Trump and there's nothing they can do about it.

Ha, re that ban, you needed a thread called "username's turf" and let him have at it there and only there. Not sure that's a board option though, it would be weird. At least we could have salvaged the occasional recipe.

But you're right about how treating symptoms may not work in the long run. I'm sure in the case of Trump they have long since figured that out at the White House. Being his chief of staff by now must come with the implicit requirement of credentials suitable for a zoo-keeping job. Unfortunately the last acting CoS and the current one as well --is he also acting? I lose track-- have both been more or less on board with some of the zoo critter's impulses.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
They need to use a unidirectional mic, something where the sound would fall off considerably unless the speaker is standing right there. That's their best choice to minimize hearing Trump after his mic is cut off.

You could go it one better by setting up the debate like The Dating Game, with a sort of wall between them.

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 3.22.52 PM.png

Imagine Trump being introduced with cheesy Herb Alpert music... "Candidate #1 originally hails from New York. His interests include avoiding reading, watching Fox News and attempting to subvert the election. Please welcome Donald Trump!"

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Some random Fox News articles in my news feed this morning. Sorry for not providing links but my news feed has already moved on to other things. You’ll just have to believe me.

One pundit suggested the future debates should be in the form of a half hour interview with each candidate separately.

A). That’s not a debate. That’s an interview.
B). Anybody with a cell phone could do that and upload it to YouTube for free. Somehow the candidates would turn this same process into a multimillion dollar campaign expenditure.

Another pundit said Trump blew it because his constant talking over everybody none stop took the focus away from Biden’s lies, which apparently there were many and they were big. In fact so many and so big that not even one of them got mentioned specifically in the same accusatory article. You know something is a serious lie when you can’t even be told what the lie is.

lizkat

Reaction score
Yeah, well.. "she's with him [Trump]."

It's futile. Trump and the WH don't give a damn and the media trying to hammer on it just delights his base because their wacko reaction to his girl McEnany is "see this is America made great again, she's got his back, we're out here tall now and we're his America so get over it."

Sometimes I'm tempted to say let's just not have any more infotainment from Trump in the guise of "debates".

I really wonder what the Commission on Presidential Debates thinks they can do to clean up the debating framework. Trump will use his allotted time for response as he damn well pleases, even if he might no longer be able to interrupt Biden.

If the commissioners don't believe they can prevent that (and how can they really?) then they should just say so --an important statement for the record, for historians-- and then just cancel the two remaining presidential debates, just have the one between Harris and Pence.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
If the commissioners don't believe they can prevent that (and how can they really?) then they should just say so --an important statement for the record, for historians-- and then just cancel the two remaining presidential debates, just have the one between Harris and Pence.

I really hope they cancel the remaining two, yeah, just the one with Mother's Pet and Harris, call it a day.

lizkat

Reaction score
Totally agree there seems like no point, Trump had his chance and blew it so it's all downhill for him now anyway.

I just noticed Act Blue has racked up more than $18 million in donations to Dem campaigns AFTER the September close: from 1 am today until around 5pm EST. Nice haul.

Dear Donnie: yeah, we're trying to buy your silence.

Top Bottom
1 2