The 2020 Republican National Convention thread

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'd say it's a regression to the mean, unless this trend continues, which is unlikely given how nothing phases Trump's voters.
View attachment 225
Word is Trump will likely get zero to minimal bounce. The debates are Trump's only hope to make a dent and as long as Biden maintains and lets Trump nut out, that likely won't have much of an impact either.

U

User.45

Word is Trump will likely get zero to minimal bounce. The debates are Trump's only hope to make a dent and as long as Biden maintains and lets Trump nut out, that likely won't have much of an impact either.
I'm not that worried about the debates. All Biden needs to do is throw Trump's track record back at him. I've noticed a pattern. Anytime I look at a curve of a measure that Trump gets applauded for, I see a skyrocket of that measure during the Obama/Biden admin, and stagnation or slight continuation of improvement at best of with Trump. He really inherited a good economy.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I don't think there was any other direction it could've gone with those groups, and even though he's still in the hole I'll say that 9 points is a pretty good jump. Let's see how that holds up for him.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
I don't think there was any other direction it could've gone with those groups, and even though he's still in the hole I'll say that 9 points is a pretty good jump. Let's see how that holds up for him.

yeah, I just found it funny that I saw your post, checked The Hill and saw that.
Honestly I think that polls at this point don't mean that much. They're all good and fun, but I wouldn't bet my house based on them.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
yeah, I just found it funny that I saw your post, checked The Hill and saw that.
Honestly I think that polls at this point don't mean that much. They're all good and fun, but I wouldn't bet my house based on them.
They're saying that when the dust settles it will fall where the numbers were before the conventions unless one or he other was really able to move the goal posts and that didn't see to happen, that seems to be holding true as Biden originally got a 5 point bump but that's leveled off.

U

User.45

They're saying that when the dust settles it will fall where the numbers were before the conventions unless one or he other was really able to move the goal posts and that didn't see to happen, that seems to be holding true as Biden originally got a 5 point bump but that's leveled off.

I'd say these conventions are largely a waste of time. So is talking politics:)

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I highly doubt that polls published today were done less than 24 hours ago.

I think I said the wrong thing being measured. Viewership was down. So I guess in that case, the current great Republican reform savior can only be seen as that as long as you don't actually watch him talk or listen to his ideas and values.

I think I also read mid-week at some point more Democrats were watching the RNC than Republicans.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
I think I said the wrong thing being measured. Viewership was down. So I guess in that case, the current great Republican reform savior can only be seen as that as long as you don't actually watch him talk or listen to his ideas and values.

I think I also read mid-week at some point more Democrats were watching the RNC than Republicans.

TV viewership was down and not many Republicans Watch regular TV news it doesn’t surprise me. Do we have donor info?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
TV viewership was down and not many Republicans Watch regular TV news it doesn’t surprise me. Do we have donor info?

The numbers they are giving are in comparison to this year's DNC as well as different nights of the 2 conventions, not historical viewership. Sorry for not linking to any of this info but I'm being lazy and I haven't come across any sources contradicting the numbers being reported. Like you alluded to, it's not really that import at this point in history.

I'm sure Trump probably tweeted 3 trillion people watched his speech and were overwhelmed by how great it was, but we're only letting the adults talk in this thread.

U

User.45

I never understood if “ass” is a cuss word or not.
Right? In my primary language, it totally is vulgar and would never fly from any politician.
The other one is bitch, I'd expect it to be considered much more vulgar.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

You know this repeated meme wouldn't and shouldn't be a thing if he didn't brag about what a great job he did instead of showing some goddamn humility and empathy. It's like he doesn't know there is a huge group of voting loved ones tied to those deaths and I don't know how any of them could watch him pat himself on the back without putting their fist through the screen.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Most of the RNC was ’preaching to the choir.” The exceptions: many black speakers, the pardons, and the naturalization ceremony.

There does seem to be a disconnect though: Trump has been very anti-immigration In his policies. He has only one black cabinet member. It feels like too little too late, and is trying to paper over his policies with a bunch of celebrity endorsements and some ”photo op” pardons.

Top Bottom
1 2