The 2020 Republican National Convention thread

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Politico interviewed Mary Trump for her thoughts on the convention. Let’s just say she didn’t hold back.

MARY TRUMP: The most jarring thing initially was the recognition that the entire convention was a law-breaking enterprise. And people may say, ‘Oh, Hatch Act, not a big deal,’ but it is a big deal. He co-opted or the Republican National Committee co-opted the people’s house for their own political benefit. That’s not a small thing. And when people say, ‘You know, nobody outside of the Beltway cares’—well, people in the media say, nobody outside of the Washington Beltway cares—well, maybe that’s because the media is telling them it’s not a big deal, you know? So I found that just disturbing from the very beginning. Other than that, though, just as a through-line, the extent to which every, almost every single participant in this convention was willing to lie, and knew they were lying, and didn’t care that pretty much everything they said was a lie, was breathtaking....
KRUSE: Robert, the president’s little brother, died coming up on two weeks ago. And the president in his statement that day said Robert was his “best friend.” Was he?
TRUMP: No. No. They, when I knew them—well, not the whole time—but after Robert rather abruptly left the Trump Organization, they hated each other. There was no love lost. And from what I understand, it wasn’t until Donald started running, or secured the nomination, that Robert, for purely opportunistic reasons, kind of got back in with Donald—and, like everything else in the family, it was transactional and it was mutually beneficial in whatever way. I also question Donald’s capacity to have deep, close friendships, anyway—but I don’t think that that’s at all true. In fact, if that had been the case, then Donald probably should have been with his second brother who was dying in a hospital.

More here.

chagla

Reaction score
About those masks and social distancing...

EgNPx29WkAA1yfx
As long as they keep in the family, it's cool. Some might end up realizing it's not hoax after-all.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Maybe this is just me, but if you have to deceive people into being part of your convention, you’re doing it wrong. 😏

Report: New York tenants were not aware they would be featured at the Republican National Convention

Tenants of New York City housing who were featured in a video at the Republican National Convention said they were not made aware how the video was going to be used, according to The New York Times.
Three of the four people featured in the video told the Times that they were misled into appearing before the convention. The video was used to criticize New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, a Democrat who also sought his party's nomination, and his handling of public housing, and to attribute funding and improvements to the Trump administration.
"I am not a Trump supporter,” Claudia Perez told the Times in an interview. She said she was upset about the deception but stood by her criticisms of the city's housing issues.

Top Bottom
1 2