The 2021-2022 NFL thread

Alli

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, we were all expecting it. Personally, I'd hoped for it last year, but nobody asked me. Now if they'll just settle on his replacement and work on the rest of the team. This whole salary cap situation is insane. They are all paid too much to start with.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Yes, we were all expecting it. Personally, I'd hoped for it last year, but nobody asked me. Now if they'll just settle on his replacement and work on the rest of the team. This whole salary cap situation is insane. They are all paid too much to start with.
Maybe the top players make too much. But most players have “careers” that last less than 5 years. And it’s all pocket change for the billionaire owners, because they get millions from local taxpayers for their stadiums. They also get stupidly rich because of the tax system in America. Mitt Romney, if corporations ARE people, then why do they pay a lower tax rate?

mac_in_tosh

Reaction score
I agree with Bob Costas' criticism of football. To paraphrase, it's not just that it's a violent game but the violence is celebrated.

Thomas Veil

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
The NFL Draft is on, and with the exception of the usual anti-Goodell brigade, the house is rocking. Everyone’s glad it’s back live.

That stage they built near the Rock Hall is awesome, too. It’s almost like a laser show with all the flashy screens and lights.

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
The NFL Draft is on, and with the exception of the usual anti-Goodell brigade, the house is rocking. Everyone’s glad it’s back live.

That stage they built near the Rock Hall is awesome, too. It’s almost like a laser show with all the flashy screens and lights.
Not sure how I feel about Aaron Rodgers coming to the 49ers (my home team), I don't dislike him but am not thrilled either.

Thomas Veil

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Yeah, Rodgers is staying put for now...although he sounds very unhappy where he is.

BTW, have we ever seen five quarterbacks taken in the first 15 picks before?

Thomas Veil

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
It’s 11:21 EDT.

As a Cleveland Browns fan, I’m used to watching the #1 pick and then going to bed.

This draft is killing me

Thomas Veil

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score

I don’t know if this says more about the Oscars and competing sports than it does the draft, but they’re interesting numbers.

I think part of it is fan interest, part is the return-to-normal factor, and part is the party atmosphere.

And as this article I read pointed out, everyone starts right now with a 0-0 record and Super Bowl dreams dancing in their heads.

Thomas Veil

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Top Bottom