The 2022 Midterms

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
The "F- Your Feelings Crowd" = a bunch of crybabies. Biden's apology should have only been for using "semi" to describe the low-rent nazis. After 1/6 and anti-voter laws going to hyper-drive, all gloves must come off. For Biden and all Dems.

Biden Shouldn’t Apologize to Republicans​

...Biden was simply calling a thing a thing. In fact, I would prefer that he be even more pointed and not try so hard to dodge the charge that he’s casting the net too widely.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I just found it funny that the WH was immediately walking back what he said.

I see it somewhat akin to Granny Box Wine's deplorables comment. As @GermanSuplex noted, it fired up the right so not sure it was a good thing.

As for meme's, this was my favorite:

View attachment 17321
Perhaps the "right" people were fired up because Biden's comments hit so close to home. What did he say about MAGA Republicans that wasn't accurate? He even took care to say that most people who identify as Republican don't fall into that category, but of course McCarthy et al whined that Biden insulted half the country.

As for the implication that Biden, who swore to uphold the Constitution and actually abides by that vow, shouldn't have spoken out for fear of alienating Republicans, I'd say it was his duty to call attention to what's happening from his bully pulpit. A party that only accepts the results of elections they win and threatens violence if they don't represents the greatest threat to the country since the Civil War.

From Abraham Lincoln's first inaugural address:

“In your hands, my dissatisfied fellow countrymen, and not in mine, is the momentous issue of civil war. The government will not assail you. You can have no conflict, without being yourselves the aggressors. You have no oath registered in Heaven to destroy the government, while I shall have the most solemn one to “preserve, protect and defend” it.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I see it somewhat akin to Granny Box Wine's deplorables comment. As @GermanSuplex noted, it fired up the right so not sure it was a good thing.

It did fire up the right, but to anyone outside the cult, we’ve been hearing that stuff from the right and especially Trump for years now. There’s video of him saying the same things many times. The pushback to Biden’s speech is not unexpected - hit dogs yell.

No reasonable Republican or independent moderate is going to listen to what Joe Biden said and think it was out of line in comparison to anything Trump has said - which were worse and more often. Look at his speech in Wilkes Barre - more threats, more name-calling, more lies…

The people who attended that rally are the ones who are mad, and they’re always mad anyways.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
No reasonable Republican or independent moderate is going to listen to what Joe Biden said and think it was out of line in comparison to anything Trump has said -

No it wasn't. But given that Biden pledged unity, this was a departure from that. It will not bring any Republicans to his side. And might turn off some independents, where his approval is a whopping 29%.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
No it wasn't. But given that Biden pledged unity, this was a departure from that. It will not bring any Republicans to his side. And might turn off some independents, where his approval is a whopping 29%.

Well, we shall see. You’re right, but what should he do? Ignore the threats? It’s been almost two years since the 2020 elections and a good chunk of republicans are keeping the big lie alive. It has to be confronted.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
The cult members are crying about “unity”. They hold Dems to higher standards than their own politicians. Trump and republican politicians can do and say whatever but Brandon needs to stick to what he pledged. 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Let’s be real. The people that are mad aren’t voting for him anyway.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I am personally not a fan of this new tactic by Biden, I don't disagree with what he's saying about the radical MAGA Republicans but someone has to be the bigger person and not get into the gutter with the likes of Trump and his minions.

At this point Democrats have the wind at their backs and staying above all of that appears to have been working well, not sure why he feels the need to push this.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Well, if he did nothing and dems lose, he’ll be accused of not being tough enough.

I hear him talk today in Wisconsin, he was pretty fired up. I’m glad to see him campaigning. He should, he’s got serious victories to tout and a lot is at stake.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Let’s be real. The people that are mad aren’t voting for him anyway.

I agree. They aren't.

But what about those who voted for him last time because Trump was "icky" and not because they liked him. Do you think that speech brought them more towards him or maybe pushed them away?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I am personally not a fan of this new tactic by Biden, I don't disagree with what he's saying about the radical MAGA Republicans but someone has to be the bigger person and not get into the gutter with the likes of Trump and his minions.

At this point Democrats have the wind at their backs and staying above all of that appears to have been working well, not sure why he feels the need to push this.

But he lumped everyone on the right as a radical MAGA Republican. That simply is not the case anymore than everyone on the left is a SQUAD Dem.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
But he lumped everyone on the right as a radical MAGA Republican. That simply is not the case anymore than everyone on the left is a SQUAD Dem.
While I think it may have came across that way, he was very specific about MAGA, not all. The point is we shouldn't have to differentiate any of it, I think it was in poor taste, I can't stand that Trump does stuff like that all the time and would like my candidate to be above it. In the end I don't think this will help Democrats and was unnecessary.

Last edited:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
In the end I don't think this will help Democrats and was unnecessary.

Do you think it has the potential to hurt the Dems either by firing up the GOP or turning off right-leaning independents.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Do you think it has the potential to hurt the Dems either by firing up the GOP or turning off right-leaning independents.

Everything has the potential for something. Do you think Trump’s rhetoric is inspiring another Jan. 6-like event? He (Biden) wagered his odds on a tougher approach. Democrats are criticized for not “fighting back” enough. The lies have festered for two years and Trump is out there everyday lying and misleading his followers. God only knows why they turn to a used car salesman for moral and political guidance, but they do.

I don’t know how you can handle these people with kid gloves any longer, they see Trump as a perpetual victim, never hold him accountable for anything and in the process give credit to all of his made-up grievances while he continues breaking and obstructing laws.

There are MAGA republicans winning based on the same meritless BS. Biden is largely seen by MAGA republicans as an “illegitimate president”, and he has the right to fight back. I’d say he’s tactful if anything.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
TBH I don't think it will necessarily hurt in the sense that they won't be offended because even those independents are aware of the damage inflicted by the MAGA-wing of the party, but I do think it could hurt with potential voters like me who just want to see our leaders leading and not pointing fingers. In the end I think people already know so there's no point in fanning the flames.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
While I think it may have came across that way, he was very specific about MAGA, not all. The point is we shouldn't have to differentiate any of it, I think it was in poor taste, I can't stand that Trump does stuff like that all the time and would like my candidate to be above it. In the end I don't think this will help Democrats and was unnecessary.

Nah, people are happy that Dems are finally fighting back and giving them a taste of their own medicine. People are tired of weak ass Dems letting Republicans bully them.

You may not have liked what Dark Brandon said but it was nowhere near the bullshit that Trump spewed on a daily basis and Herdfan wasn’t here or on PRSI calling him out for it. In fact, he voted for him twice and would do it again if given the chance.

You may like people walking all over you but some of us don’t. Sorry Michelle Obama, but when they go low I’m not going high. I’m going to the pits of hell.

I don’t play nice with MAGA Fascists. But you do you.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
68FB485D-C40A-4855-8297-96899E0123DC.jpeg

Top Bottom
1 2