The 2022 Midterms

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
From a political standpoint, it will be a long-sought and hard earned victory. But the payoff will probably be worse than the win.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I see what you are saying, and I wish there was more civility. But at this point in time, both sides are as bad as the other. Think of all the things Dems were for until Trump was for them and then they ran for the hills. And no, the GOP is no better. Neither side wants to let the other have a win.

Some times I think more would get done if Congress could cast their ballots anonymously.
I see a distinct difference between Dems and the GOP and this is not with partisan blinders on, it regards:
  • Basic honestly
  • Adherence to laws and the Constitution.
  • A concern for all citizens, not just their base.
What we saw happen with the 2020 election was all sorts of schemes by Trump/GOP forces to undermine the election result, false accusations of fraud, and subsequently in the States controlled by Republikans we are seeing laws attempting to be passed to allow them to overturn the 2024 election based on any vague, unsubstantiated accusations of fraud. These people are Trump smart and will do whatever is necessary to win honestly or not. :oops:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I see a distinct difference between Dems and the GOP and this is not with partisan blinders on, it regards:
  • Basic honestly
  • Adherence to laws and the Constitution.
  • A concern for all citizens, not just their base.
What we saw happen with the 2020 election was all sorts of schemes by Trump/GOP forces to undermine the election result, false accusations of fraud, and subsequently in the States controlled by Republikans we are seeing laws attempting to be passed to allow them to overturn the 2024 election based on any vague, unsubstantiated accusations of fraud. These people are Trump smart and will do whatever is necessary to win honestly or not. :oops:
Agreed. With the emergence of Trump, one can no longer say “both sides are equally bad” with a straight face.

When one party kicks members out simply for acknowledging reality (the 2020 election outcome), they cannot possibly expect to throw any stones from that glass house.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I see what you are saying, and I wish there was more civility. But at this point in time, both sides are as bad as the other. Think of all the things Dems were for until Trump was for them and then they ran for the hills. And no, the GOP is no better. Neither side wants to let the other have a win.

Some times I think more would get done if Congress could cast their ballots anonymously.
Let's be honest. "Both sides are as bad as the other" if one really needs them to be.

Which side touting law & order, beat up cops, and got a few killed because they didn't get their way?

That was inspired by the dogma & politics of one side, to run around yelling about hanging the VP. To storm the capital. To call people who aren't on board with various phobias as "groomers". To literally yell at school officials they know where they live, over mask mandates.

No.

That's a spectacular f'n reach to say "both sides are bad as the other" that would make Reed Richards bones snap from over reach as one tried to cherry pick a handful of incidents compared to the encyclopedia of extremist bad behavior of the other side in just the last year.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
This whole pedophilia hunt among the hardcore Trump fanatics is getting ridiculous. They'll pretty much lash out at anything involving kids now, assuming that there MUST BE some sexual innuendo buried beneath the innocent facade that HAS to be dealt with.

Case in point, my Facebook picture for the last 11 years has been a zoomed in class picture of me in 2nd grade, proudly displaying my newly grown adult front teeth in all their woodchucking glory. So OF COURSE some rando has to comment on it, asking why I identify with this poor, exploited child, whether I identify said child as male or female, and whether I have any sexual attraction to him/her/plur.

...it's just so fucked up, I can't even.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Response to Chief Justice (Denier) Roberts: "They believe in a fundamental right to privacy for their deliberations about shredding women's right to privacy."

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
This whole pedophilia hunt among the hardcore Trump fanatics is getting ridiculous. They'll pretty much lash out at anything involving kids now, assuming that there MUST BE some sexual innuendo buried beneath the innocent facade that HAS to be dealt with.

Case in point, my Facebook picture for the last 11 years has been a zoomed in class picture of me in 2nd grade, proudly displaying my newly grown adult front teeth in all their woodchucking glory. So OF COURSE some rando has to comment on it, asking why I identify with this poor, exploited child, whether I identify said child as male or female, and whether I have any sexual attraction to him/her/plur.

...it's just so fucked up, I can't even.

Your first mistake was being on facebook lol

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I wonder how the Supreme leak will play in today's primaries. Especially for Tim Ryan in Ohio. Or really his GOP opponents.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I wonder how the Supreme leak will play in today's primaries. Especially for Tim Ryan in Ohio. Or really his GOP opponents.
I've been maintaining that Democrats will likely lose it all but this could be a game changer. They tend to become sedentary during midterms but this will be huge in motivating them and turning out the vote and when they show up it's always bad news for Republicans. Polls show an overwhelming amount of Americans support keeping Roe v Wade and this puts Republicans' backs against the wall.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
It doesn’t appear to have had any effect on primaries. Trump is still the leader of the party, it appears. He endorsed 12 people, and all 12 won. I notice that few won by landslides. In a number of of the GOP primaries, the winner got only 20-30% of the vote. The media darling JD Vance got 32%… so perhaps the Trump endorsement is enough to win a primary. But not by a landslide, and perhaps not enough to win in the general election.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
It doesn’t appear to have had any effect on primaries. Trump is still the leader of the party, it appears. He endorsed 12 people, and all 12 won. I notice that few won by landslides. In a number of of the GOP primaries, the winner got only 20-30% of the vote. The media darling JD Vance got 32%… so perhaps the Trump endorsement is enough to win a primary. But not by a landslide, and perhaps not enough to win in the general election.
We can always hope, but I’m not counting on it.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score

One analysis I heard is it won’t make difference because those who feel strongly about abortion are already strongly attached to their respective political party. The most pro-choice states are already overwhelmingly democrat and the most pro-life states are already overwhelmingly republican. Then there’s everyone else where abortion is so far down on their list of priorities they are going to vote based on other reasons, even if they disagree with the SC decision.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Part of the swing can be explained by the fact that Regan appears to be a complete monster. “Feminism is only applied against white men, because it has absolutely nothing to do with protecting women as a sex or defending the feelings of individual women,” he posted on social media in May 2021, according to The Detroit News. “It is a Jewish program to degrade and subjugate white men.”

Damnit, Jews! Why don't yall just stop with the crazy conspiracies, huh? Don't you think the space laser is enough?

Top Bottom
1 2