The Alex Jones trial shitshow

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Saw him outside the court righteously saying it's his 1st amendment right to speculate.

Let's say that's a valid and winning defense. He speculated that children getting slaughtered was a hoax so he could get views/clicks. Somehow he has concluded he's the biggest victim in all this.

I'm not a "but think about the children!" person by any stretch, but at the same time I fail to think of anything that society feels is more sacred and these assholes simply don't give a fuck. I'm open to hearing anything people feel would be stooping lower.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That was gold man, he and his team obviously learned nothing from the secret service about nuking texts.
What’s weird is the sequence. Ethical lawyers, upon getting evidence from the other side that they think may have been sent by mistake, do what the plaintiffs’ lawyers did and asked. So the defense lawyers KNEW they turned it over, at least as of a couple days ago. They failed to assert privilege (probably because nothing was privileged in them), so they knew.

But on the stand, Jones was apparently surprised, and kept lying about not having any relevant texts right up until the plaintiffs’ lawyer told him he had the texts.

Why didn’t Jones know what his own attorneys knew, that his texts were in the hands of the plaintiffs?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
What’s weird is the sequence. Ethical lawyers, upon getting evidence from the other side that they think may have been sent by mistake, do what the plaintiffs’ lawyers did and asked. So the defense lawyers KNEW they turned it over, at least as of a couple days ago. They failed to assert privilege (probably because nothing was privileged in them), so they knew.

But on the stand, Jones was apparently surprised, and kept lying about not having any relevant texts right up until the plaintiffs’ lawyer told him he had the texts.

Why didn’t Jones know what his own attorneys knew, that his texts were in the hands of the plaintiffs?
Maybe he doesn’t have enough money to pay them, so they just don’t give a 💩.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

You have to wonder if he's like Trump and just doesn't care because he's a sociopath, sounds like he's been a loose canon this entire time. I'm just a laymen but it made that attorney look really bad to me.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe he doesn’t have enough money to pay them, so they just don’t give a 💩.

It’s really baffling. I have prepped a LOT of witnesses, and you can bet my witness would be prepared to answer those questions. What’s also weird is he eventually came up with a story: “i was a good boy. I gave it the texts to my attorneys. It’s up to them to give you the stuff.” (Of course, doesn’t explain why he lied and said there was nothing to give). BUT, what he’s doing there, is he’s running the risk of eliminating attorney-client privilege. If the issue of what to do about those texts becomes an issue, the judge will want to know whether it was Jones or his attorneys who failed to timely produce them to the plaintiffs. And communications between Jones and his attorneys is obviously highly relevant to that inquiry.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Not any type of legal eagle, but doesn't this give Jones an out for appeal or mistrial? Can he just claim that his legal team failed to provide hime a sound defense?

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not any type of legal eagle, but doesn't this give Jones an out for appeal or mistrial? Can he just claim that his legal team failed to provide hime a sound defense?
No. This is a civil case. Bad lawyers are no excuse. He may be able to sue his own lawyers, but it doesn’t look like this episode provides much of a basis to do so - they had a legal obligation to turn over those documents. If they did so by accident, so what? “I told my lawyers to commit discovery violations and they messed up and turned over the documents anyway” isn’t a basis to sue your attorneys.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
First time I heard about this I figured Jones’ lawyer sent the docs on purpose because he knew Jones was lying.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
The families deserve every penny.

As for the accidental transmission of protected information, given the other elementary “mistakes” by the defense team, it makes me wonder if it was intentionally done in an attempt to derail the trial. Seems like an awfully risky move though.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
He is now being hit up for $42M in punitive damages.

He is in a pretty bad position. The court told him to provide certain stuff, he softly muttered FU to the court, the court replied sorry you lose. Not much to grab a hold of there for an appeal. If this SCotUS were given a chance to rescue him, they probably would, but they might not get a chance.

Top Bottom
1 2