Site Donor
Reaction score

:ROFLMAO:

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
its truly amazing how fast the GOP can lose money. so is trump in charge of these sure seems like it.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
its truly amazing how fast the GOP can lose money. so is trump in charge of these sure seems like it.

I don't think they quite get it. Luckily for them there is probably a master class available written by Trump himself for a totally reasonable fee that is totally legit, success guaranteed!!

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Yeah well Trump's fundraising prowess is coming into question now. He's having to lay out more and more of the incoming donations to secure the next round of inflow. What he's doing with what he nets is also undergoing scrutiny.

Not long after the FBI executed its Aug. 8 search at former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort compound, Trumpworld let the media know that the feds appeared to have awakened a giant. Fundraising, they said, was booming.

But now, a new campaign finance report from Trump reveals that was just half the story—the good half.

The numbers suggest that Trump’s donor base didn’t rush to his aid all on their own. They needed a nudge, and a costly one at that, which may further stoke concerns of donor fatigue.

In fact, the spending was so steep that it ate up around 90 percent of what he raised. So while the committee took in an impressive $24 million, it spent about $22 million to get there. That means the famous dealmaker spent a dollar to make a little more than a dime.

The questions of course become what did he do with the $2M worth of dimes and was it legal.

D

Deleted member 215

Anti-woke sells, but not that much.

217650.jpg

lizkat

Reaction score
you know where he spends it and its trump and you ask is it legal? like asking a dog if its fun rolling in stink.

I'm sure Trump figures it's okay to solicit his base for money and then use it to pay his legal fees or whatever, since in his mind it's all meant to keep him out of the slam and enable him to regain occupancy of the White House.

But the FEC may not see campaign finance handling in quite the same manner, i.e., no way are they going to read between the lines the way Trump likes to do, if he even bothers considering legalities.
Many a book about him by "people in the room" have quoted Trump as saying in meetings where he rejected advice and briefings and threw hissy fits about constraints of the law or the Constitution. He seems to have boiled it all down pretty often to "F the rules! This is what I want to do!"

In fact that mantra might even be the sum of Republican principles these days. He really has hijacked that party. They used to have some integrity and respect for rule of law, even if working hard to lobby for repeal of legislation they found onerous. Now they take pages from his playbook.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
He really has hijacked that party.

I don’t know if he hijacked it so much as fast tracked it to its only possible zenith, both the party and their media. It’s fatal flaw is this is the exact wrong time in history for a party that has zero interest in solving actual problems while creating new ones, not the least of which will be abortion prohibition states becoming economic dead zones.

lizkat

Reaction score
I don’t know if he hijacked it so much as fast tracked it to its only possible zenith, both the party and their media. It’s fatal flaw is this is the exact wrong time in history for a party that has zero interest in solving actual problems while creating new ones, not the least of which will be abortion prohibition states becoming economic dead zones.

Still they have ditched party members who were in fact people of integrity and with negotiating skills that the current Republicans don't even pretend to want to apply. They've gone through cycles before of not having solutions to problems, but never before this dreadful combo of no principles no platform only a Party Leader.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

We don’t want you to be awake, we need you to be asleep for both yours and our prejudices to prevail and seem reasonable.

lizkat

Reaction score
I dunno if officers of a police union could be considered anti-woke, but sure sounds like a little grifting might have been on tap: in New York State, the state troopers' Police Benevolent Association president and legal counsel both stepped down last fall after an extraordinary six-hour executive session.

Apparently some members of that group had launched an inquiry into some financial record keeping and then things eventually went south for the leadership. Who could be surprised at that, when among other things it's now been disclosed that the now former president and now former legal counsel were associated with a tiny insurance agency tucked into some little town in southeastern NYS, called Epic Risk Solutions, which purported to "provide augmented coverage plans for various state trooper unions…” about which the documentation of said coverage was perhaps a little murky.

[ Epic Risk Solutions... ?! I can't stop laughing, although it's not funny. But it sounds like a good title for a sequel to Bonfire of the Vanities... or one of those gigs that made a lot of money for those who had signed up to work on the reconstruction of Iraq, especially in the Green Zone during the early days after the invasion, when that all still looked pretty rosy to contractors. Republican White House aides and campaign donors. What could be a more epic risk solution than setting campaign dollar bundlers to work on reopening universities and an Iraqi stock market after a regime change?]

But back to the PBA: the insurance gig is not all of the problem, as the below-cited piece notes... there's a raft of possibly dubious practices related to little spinoff programs of the PBA that collect donations and award stipends or special funds or scholarships... and then there's the one that sells "PBA State Police Surgeon" ID cards and gold badges... but the insurance gig might have been enough on its own to get those resignations. Now there will also be a state investigation, once the state can round up some people who haven't landed in the papers recently over their own conflicts of interest.

Meanwhile there are those who insist that the whole brouhaha in October was political and was engineered by some dissident members in the state's western region. The cited piece wraps with a note that the day before the PBA officers stepped down, the NYS Superintendent of the state police resigned as a result of an unrelated investigation by the governor's office. Always something in the Empire State, eh?

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
If these people believe “going woke makes [businesses] go broke”, maybe it’s also true being anti-woke also makes you go broke.

A “confederacy-based superhero” movie sounds like a terrible idea. No wonder they only raised $1m. I can’t imagine that would pay for more than a few minutes considering how expensive movies cost, especially a super-hero movie. And good luck ever distributing such a film. I’m sure theaters and streaming services will be clamoring for it.

Regarding “wokeness” in movies- I just want my movies to be what they are supposed to be, entertainment, and not be pushing unrelated political messages through otherwise extraneous and otherwise meaningless dead-end plot lines. That’s not to say you can’t have a “woke” or political message, it just needs to be central to the theme and not an afterthought to accommodate what seems like a virtue signal checklist in some movies.

Similarly, I would rather not have my bank getting involved in culture war politics for the sake of virtue signaling the left or the right- I’d prefer they just stick to banking and maximize my investments, minimize costs.

Top Bottom
1 2