The Batman

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Reviews have been terrific. I don't know whether I'll see it in a theater or wait for it on HBOMax (in 45 days), but I'm looking forward to it, particularly the plot which is about detective work, not world-saving.

It doesn't officially open until tomorrow (Friday), but one theater near me is having sixteen showings tonight, Thursday. (Multiple screens with starting times anywhere from 10-30 minutes apart.) Another theater has ten showings. Can it be that ubiquitous and still be called a "sneak" preview??

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
So Nicholas Cage is saying that if there's a sequel to "The Batman"--as there certainly will be--he wants to play the villain.

Which villain, you ask? The answer is, um, eggscruciating.

Cage says he can make him "absolutely terrifying". Yeah. Right. Uh-huh.

I mean, I learned to be careful of snap judgments after Michael Keaton was cast as Batman. But come on. A totally campy villain that has no history in the comics at all, and whose m.o. is a bunch of egg-themed jokes (or is that yolks)?

He thinks he can make the character hard-boiled. I say his brain is scrambled.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Just saw “The Batman” yesterday. Excellent movie.

I didn’t think about it at the time, but when I woke up this morning I realized…

If that character introduced at the end is who you think he is…

…this will be the first Batman movie since 1966 to feature The Penguin, The Riddler, Catwoman and The Joker. 😁

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The offspring is in for spring break and has asked if we will go see it with her.

So I guess we will be going sometime this week.

Top Bottom
1 2