Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
@Citysnaps

Are these high angle pics (also like post #32) from a high terrain location, or from a drone?

Love these!

Yes, on higher terrain. I made most of these photos with various iPhones over the years at Ocean Beach in San Francisco, near the Cliff House, which overlooks the beach and Pacific Ocean. The Cliff House sits around 100 (I'm guessing) feet above the beach. I just kind of hang around waiting for an interesting composition to form below, hopefully with some spooky fog. :)

Here's a wiki photo showing where I shoot from:

Cliff House  from Wiki.jpeg

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Does that big green arrow get in the way?

(I'll see myself out ...)

That's my spirit arrow scout. It's always roaming around a few hundred feet ahead of me when I'm out and about, picking out interesting places to shoot. It turns green and starts bouncing up and down when it finds a good location/composition.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Yes, on higher terrain. I made most of these photos with various iPhones over the years at Ocean Beach in San Francisco, near the Cliff House, which overlooks the beach and Pacific Ocean. The Cliff House sits around 100 (I'm guessing) feet above the beach. I just kind of hang around waiting for an interesting composition to form below, hopefully with some spooky fog. :)

Here's a wiki photo showing where I shoot from:

View attachment 17550

And if you look up to the top of the hill on the very right there is a park, this is a shot from up there looking back down (the opposite direction) the great HWY that leads up to this point. It's also known as the outer sunset.
ocean_beach.jpeg

Here is another view looking from a hilltop to the east looking west straight down to the ocean on a windy day. I took this with a 600mm lens which gives a nice perspective.
IMG_9325.jpeg

Top Bottom
1 2